This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 7: The George Kell edition

Twins have batted around without getting an out. Went from a one run game to a seven run game with an infinity ERA this inning so far.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      Twins have batted around without getting an out. Went from a one run game to a seven run game with an infinity ERA this inning so far.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

27 runs allowed now in the last 11 innings.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well you have to expect when you put in all these minor league players that they will get pounded, which is exactly what happens.

More importantly though, we have too many minor league/ marginal major league guys and the top players are getting old, hurt or not producing. I mean does anyone expect romine to be a significant contributor? or Castellanos, or, lets see, Davis?. They are not historically and they won't be this year.

Or how about Hunter? I really hope they do not sign him again. A number of guys have been pretty disappointing. Kinsler is average, Cabrera is not himself, catching is average, so where are we expecting to get production? If our guys produce at their historical average, we are toast, David Price or no David Price.

I like that we have found some good guys. Hardy, Martinez, and some of the young guys will be good, but right well we get what we deserve.

I think the trade of fister got us nothing. Couldn't we have gotten one descent bull pen arm out of it. one? And how about trading at the deadline for a left handed third baseman, you know like chase headily? Who was available.

I don't blame Ausmus at all, we just don't have a good team for him to put on the field.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

**** this ****. I'm threadjacking this for LLWS updates until further notice.

South Korea trounced Japan 12-3 in the International Bracket. The US Championship is going on right now between Illinois (Jackie Robinson league) and Nevada (Las Vegas team that pounds the everloving crap out of the baseball). A 3-run double in the top half of the first has put Vegas up 3-0 after 1/2 of an inning. Vegas beat this team 11-2 earlier in the tournament.

God, that was fun...

Comment

2nd batter for Chicago hits a 2-run bomb and now it's 3-2 in the bottom of the 1st.

God, that was fun...

Comment

3-3. Still nobody out.

This kid from Vegas is throwing 71-75 and they're hitting him.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, over the winter... iwakuma from seattle is a free agent and so is McCarthy. I'd trade for Giancarlo Stanton, maybe porcello, and then sign those guys.
                  I think Scherzer is gone but I'd make a bigger offer just to make the red sox pay more.

After that, maybe Castellanos will get better and I'm hoping iglasias will be better than what we have this year, but that's questionable.
                  then all we need is a closer and a left handed bat.Hopefully dirks will be well by then.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Well you have to expect when you put in all these minor league players that they will get pounded, which is exactly what happens.
                    Our farm club is better than yours, huh?
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Got out of the 2nd tied. Success!
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

But not through the 3rd.

Chicago rallied to beat Nevada 7-5 in the US Championship. They will play South Korea tomorrow for the LLWS championship. My only concern with Chicago is that their pitching might be a little thin. I think they've got plenty of offense.

God, that was fun...

Comment

The Chicago team is in trouble. 3-1 South Korea in the top of the 4th. They're hitting the Chicago pitching. The Chicago hitting is not touching the South Korean pitching.

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's 8-1 now in the top of the 6th. The roof has caved in on the Chicago boys.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Chicago puts up a nice rally in the bottom of the 6th, but it's too little, too late. South Korea is your 2014 Little League World Series champion, 8-4.

Now, then, back to our local major league team that has been playing grabby-dick for the better part of the last three weeks.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sanchez likely done for the year.

Dagger.

Comment

Working...
                                X