Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2014-15 - Bob's 26th work in progress ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2014-15 - Bob's 26th work in progress ...

The stupid things people do for "love"
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

There's a few heads that are going to roll for this elaborate escape.
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
        There's a few heads that are going to roll for this elaborate escape.
        Don't be so sure. Even in the Elmira escape only 1 employee was asked to resign and actually ended up retiring. The one female civilian they are currently questioning could be key. Too many Monday morning quarterbacks (not saying anyone here) trying to believe they've walked into a prison, let alone Clinton, with their Bob Emery special "expert" knowledge. Joe Public thinks that we can watch these mutts every second of every day. We are in charge of roughly 50-300 cons depending on shifts and jails. Teachers have a hard time with 20 kids...

Keep in mind a few things..
        1. Power tools are used in prison. Some by convicts. Some by outside contractors who are using your tax dollars to upgrade the showers for NYs finest...and run cable for these misunderstood gentlemen of our society.
        2. This wasn't accomplished in 1 day. In order to cut budgets we no longer move inmates around NYS as much, thus they are able to get comfortable. Both cons were housed at Clinton for almost 10 years. Both murderers (1 cop, 1 dismembered) were housed on the "honor" block for the jails good inmates where they get special privileges (yes they do that).
        3. Along with #2, if you HAVE been on a block during the dsy you would know how loud it is. TVs, large industrial fans, radios and just common yelling and screaming amongst the natives, hearing a grinder (6 stories down) while other construction is going on at the same time would be difficult.
        4. We get sued if we wake up a convict, turn on lights, ect during rounds. You're armed with a baton and crappy flashlight. Sometimes looking through a 7x10" window, but don't get to close, sometimes you can get a fecal surprise in your face.
        5. Lastly, NYS is in middle of the largest retirement period in history. New officers are being sent to jails that took 2-7 years at one time directly out of the academy because they didn't want to plan for this 4 years ago. Staffing is short. The state can not keep up with the retirement to new recruit rate. We preached this for years, but it always fell on deaf ears in Albany.

None of this is THE reason this happened and until it ends we will always speculate. Currently there is 1 female civilian being questioned. I highly doubt that a member in blue had a hand in it, but I've seen it happen (of sorts) before. And if there was i will gladly bite my tongue and eat crow.

Again this isn't directed at anyone, I've just seen a lot of misinformation and incorrect assumptions based on perceived ideas of what its like in prision. There's a lot of finger pointing and blame game going around right now when the focus should be on finding these 2. This much plotting, they could be ANYWHERE. What some people forget is that these two have nothing to lose, if you qre in their way you're a speed bump. These guys are lifers even before the escape. They're not gonna care.
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Don't be so sure. Even in the Elmira escape only 1 employee was asked to resign and actually ended up retiring. The one female civilian they are currently questioning could be key. Too many Monday morning quarterbacks (not saying anyone here) trying to believe they've walked into a prison, let alone Clinton, with their Bob Emery special "expert" knowledge. Joe Public thinks that we can watch these mutts every second of every day. We are in charge of roughly 50-300 cons depending on shifts and jails. Teachers have a hard time with 20 kids...

Keep in mind a few things..
          1. Power tools are used in prison. Some by convicts. Some by outside contractors who are using your tax dollars to upgrade the showers for NYs finest...and run cable for these misunderstood gentlemen of our society.
          2. This wasn't accomplished in 1 day. In order to cut budgets we no longer move inmates around NYS as much, thus they are able to get comfortable. Both cons were housed at Clinton for almost 10 years. Both murderers (1 cop, 1 dismembered) were housed on the "honor" block for the jails good inmates where they get special privileges (yes they do that).
          3. Along with #2, if you HAVE been on a block during the dsy you would know how loud it is. TVs, large industrial fans, radios and just common yelling and screaming amongst the natives, hearing a grinder (6 stories down) while other construction is going on at the same time would be difficult.
          4. We get sued if we wake up a convict, turn on lights, ect during rounds. You're armed with a baton and crappy flashlight. Sometimes looking through a 7x10" window, but don't get to close, sometimes you can get a fecal surprise in your face.
          5. Lastly, NYS is in middle of the largest retirement period in history. New officers are being sent to jails that took 2-7 years at one time directly out of the academy because they didn't want to plan for this 4 years ago. Staffing is short. The state can not keep up with the retirement to new recruit rate. We preached this for years, but it always fell on deaf ears in Albany.

None of this is THE reason this happened and until it ends we will always speculate. Currently there is 1 female civilian being questioned. I highly doubt that a member in blue had a hand in it, but I've seen it happen (of sorts) before. And if there was i will gladly bite my tongue and eat crow.

Again this isn't directed at anyone, I've just seen a lot of misinformation and incorrect assumptions based on perceived ideas of what its like in prision. There's a lot of finger pointing and blame game going around right now when the focus should be on finding these 2. This much plotting, they could be ANYWHERE. What some people forget is that these two have nothing to lose, if you qre in their way you're a speed bump. These guys are lifers even before the escape. They're not gonna care.
          Nice job...always funny when the public thinks they know stuff inside and out,people would say to me do you work in that cherry picker and i would laugh ,its a Tower Ladder I would reply and I can assure you in my 12 yrs of fighting fires in the South Bronx I picked no cherries...These guys have nothing to lose and all to gain,the inside of a prison is no place to be,,,, stay safe as you can,...side story, when I was at Elmira my frshman yr we would take 5 mile runs in the morining past the prison,thee inmates would yell at us and call us all sorts of things,we would reply with the fact that we were going to be with girls,real ones that day and everyday and a few other niceties
          Last edited by bakdraft21; 06-09-2015, 08:28 AM.

Comment

PSU-
            I get what you're saying but I have some experience in dealing with prisons and representing those who had inappropriate contact with inmates. Like I learned they are called "cons" for a reason. I am not pointing fingers just recalling my knowledge of what may happen.
            I wouldn't believe a CO had any hand in assisting them either.
            Last edited by Saints17; 06-09-2015, 05:33 PM.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              Nice job...always funny when the public thinks they know stuff inside and out,people would say to me do you work in that cherry picker and i would laugh ,its a Tower Ladder I would reply and I can assure you in my 12 yrs of fighting fires in the South Bronx I picked no cherries...These guys have nothing to lose and all to gain,the inside of a prison is no place to be,,,, stay safe as you can,...side story, when I was at Elmira my frshman yr we would take 5 mile runs in the morining past the prison,thee inmates would yell at us and call us all sorts of things,we would reply with the fact that we were going to be with girls,real ones that day and everyday and a few other niceties
              I think a Corrections Officer's job is about as desirable as working in a Chinese coal mine. I have extreme regard for them, a substantial number of my relatives including several first cousins are employed or retired from NYDOC. Their union, however, needs considerable reform.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                I think a Corrections Officer's job is about as desirable as working in a Chinese coal mine. I have extreme regard for them, a substantial number of my relatives including several first cousins are employed or retired from NYDOC. Their union, however, needs considerable reform.
                How so?
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

How so?
                  If you mean the workers, I can't imagine going behind bars everyday (regardless of which side of them you are on, the view is essentually is the same) and having to put up with crap they do. As for the union - the issues are plain and simple - ANYONE who follows them knows what I am talking about - and this is not a forum to discuss it - the issues aren't rocket science and are indicative of all taxpayer funded operations, be it SNAP, Welfare, NYSPD or DOCS, etc. I do not blame the vast majority of the CO's, they are innocent as the bulk of the public assistance recipients - but there are bad eggs among them - and any CO who said they didn't know one, I would consider a liar. The bad eggs I refer to are those who manipulate a system intended to help the CO's to such an extreme as to cause resource problems for everyone else. I am referring to manipulation of the contract provisions for extreme personal gain and do NOT mean to imply that more than a handful are criminally bad (though Anthony Pavone for one, comes to mind).
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    If you mean the workers, I can't imagine going behind bars everyday (regardless of which side of them you are on, the view is essentually is the same) and having to put up with crap they do. As for the union - the issues are plain and simple - ANYONE who follows them knows what I am talking about - and this is not a forum to discuss it - the issues aren't rocket science and are indicative of all taxpayer funded operations, be it SNAP, Welfare, NYSPD or DOCS, etc. I do not blame the vast majority of the CO's, they are innocent as the bulk of the public assistance recipients - but there are bad eggs among them - and any CO who said they didn't know one, I would consider a liar. The bad eggs I refer to are those who manipulate a system intended to help the CO's to such an extreme as to cause resource problems for everyone else. I am referring to manipulation of the contract provisions for extreme personal gain and do NOT mean to imply that more than a handful are criminally bad (though Anthony Pavone for one, comes to mind).
                    I AM my Union so please, explain. Name one organization that doesn't have a bad egg. I have ZERO idea what you're talking about. Just say it because beating around the bush just makes you seem bitter about something.
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I AM my Union so please, explain. Name one organization that doesn't have a bad egg. I have ZERO idea what you're talking about. Just say it because beating around the bush just makes you seem bitter about something.
                      Every organization has bad eggs - and every CO knows someone who manipulates the system for extreme personal gain - just like everyone knows someone who manipulates SNAP (food stamps) or disability etc for nothing more than greed. I am certain you know what I am talking about - I do NOT stereotype, and I know that 90+% of the CO's earn every dime and fringe benefit they make and then some, but the mega-abusers are out there, and I hold the union in this case responsible.

Just a hint - and really this is not a forum to discuss it.

Last edited by norm1909; 06-10-2015, 03:04 PM.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        Every organization has bad eggs - and every CO knows someone who manipulates the system for extreme personal gain - just like everyone knows someone who manipulates SNAP (food stamps) or disability etc for nothing more than greed. I am certain you know what I am talking about - I do NOT stereotype, and I know that 90+% of the CO's earn every dime and fringe benefit they make and then some, but the mega-abusers are out there, and I hold the union in this case responsible.

Just a hint - and really this is not a forum to discuss it.
                        I normally agree with you Norm, but Joe Public like yourself is CLUELESS!

A. CIVILIANS ARE NOT PART OF OUR UNION ITS CSEA (Teachers ect) and Medical is PEF NOT NYSCOPBA, next...
                        B. My father is probably going to bring in close to 100k in OT this year. He is MANDATED to work 2 days a week, MANDATED!! Why? Because NYS does not give us the bodies to cover sickness, workers comp from getting punched in the face, maternity/paternity leave, military leave, and currently mass retirements. How is that the Unions fault? NEW YORK STATE WONT GIVE THE BODIES, it has to be covered by someone HELLLOOO?? You want to run a jail even more understaffed and see more escapes? The two convicts were able to drill/dig around a cell block because the towers that watch that area were CLOSED due to budget cuts by ALBANY, not the UNION!
                        C. I was one of the last mass Tier 3 hired (50% of my best 3 year average) for retirement. California prisons had a retirement of 100% +, on top of that those states also have more bodies where they can cover.
                        D. Speaking of retirements. Albany can not keep up with the retirements as I said before. Once again, if you don't have the bodies, how else are you going to staff? This isn't freakn Walmart where you close down Lane 5. Our UNION wanted more people hired so this DIDN'T happen. It was also ALBANY that made us take furlough days to help the budget. Guess what...extra days off means you HAVE TO COVER THE POST STILL...how are you going to do that...Oh yea...Overtime...
                        E. The "nurses" / "secretaries" you speak of, even with them being on the civilian side (non-NYSCOPBA), once again it's about bodies. Do you know how many nurses I've seen come and go just at my jail? If you don't have the nurses, who hands out the medication to the roughly 1/3 of the population? Do you know how long it takes just to get a new hire? I've seen an item go vacant for 3 years, Albany refuses to hire so its filled by OT...once again, NOT the Unions fault let alone NYSCOPBA.
                        F. Which brings me to my last point (hopefully). If you want to talk about waste, why don't you go after the convicts and all the liberal tree huggers. Do convicts need TV in the cells? Do they need bigger windows for more sunlight? Do they need high dollar brand name drugs instead of generic which is all I get? Do they need to be driven 2-1/2 hours ONE WAY to get their toe nails trimmed (yes it happens)? Do they need high deff 50" flat screen televisions in the common rooms? Microwaves? Stoves? We take inmates 3 hours away for sleep studies instead of 30 minutes because "it's where they're from". Do we need to pay the OT to constantly fix broken down facilities to make inmates lives "better"? Look into the contracts that DOCS (Albany) has with Westchester County Medical... MILLIONS of dollars spent. It's $1500 just for the ambulance ride to the local hospital here when an inmate "can't poop" and Albany says take them (once a week). The SH*T watches that have to be covered because visitors are allowed contact with inmates and bring drugs in...are you going to cover that post? But we have to give the inmates that.

Am I going to bust my **** my last 5 years and work any and every OT shift I can to raise up my retirement? You're **** right. For what we go through, you're **** right. All this crap we see in the media about this escape hopefully opens some eyes to people. "Inmates in honor blocks are allowed personal clothing"...Uhhh no EVERY inmate is. "Inmates are allowed to work with tools", uhhh duh. "Inmates aren't watched 24/7" ...No kidding! Wow. "Inmates walk around the jail with no supervision" ...have you ever seen a prison? Sorry to be a **** but while this might not be the "forum" for it, its Joe Public like yourself who have these assumptions based on crap clueless suit and ties write up in Albany. People who've never seen passed the Sallyport at any jail but are deemed "experts".
                        Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 06-10-2015, 04:02 PM.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I normally agree with you Norm, but Joe Public like yourself is CLUELESS!

A. CIVILIANS ARE NOT PART OF OUR UNION ITS CSEA (Teachers ect) and Medical is PEF NOT NYSCOPBA, next...
                          B. My father is probably going to bring in close to 100k in OT this year. He is MANDATED to work 2 days a week, MANDATED!! Why? Because NYS does not give us the bodies to cover sickness, workers comp from getting punched in the face, maternity/paternity leave, military leave, and currently mass retirements. How is that the Unions fault? NEW YORK STATE WONT GIVE THE BODIES, it has to be covered by someone HELLLOOO?? You want to run a jail even more understaffed and see more escapes? The two convicts were able to drill/dig around a cell block because the towers that watch that area were CLOSED due to budget cuts by ALBANY, not the UNION!
                          C. I was one of the last mass Tier 3 hired (50% of my best 3 year average) for retirement. California prisons had a retirement of 100% +, on top of that those states also have more bodies where they can cover.
                          D. Speaking of retirements. Albany can not keep up with the retirements as I said before. Once again, if you don't have the bodies, how else are you going to staff? This isn't freakn Walmart where you close down Lane 5. Our UNION wanted more people hired so this DIDN'T happen. It was also ALBANY that made us take furlough days to help the budget. Guess what...extra days off means you HAVE TO COVER THE POST STILL...how are you going to do that...Oh yea...Overtime...
                          E. The "nurses" / "secretaries" you speak of, even with them being on the civilian side (non-NYSCOPBA), once again it's about bodies. Do you know how many nurses I've seen come and go just at my jail? If you don't have the nurses, who hands out the medication to the roughly 1/3 of the population? Do you know how long it takes just to get a new hire? I've seen an item go vacant for 3 years, Albany refuses to hire so its filled by OT...once again, NOT the Unions fault let alone NYSCOPBA.
                          F. Which brings me to my last point (hopefully). If you want to talk about waste, why don't you go after the convicts and all the liberal tree huggers. Do convicts need TV in the cells? Do they need bigger windows for more sunlight? Do they need high dollar brand name drugs instead of generic which is all I get? Do they need to be driven 2-1/2 hours ONE WAY to get their toe nails trimmed (yes it happens)? Do they need high deff 50" flat screen televisions in the common rooms? Microwaves? Stoves? We take inmates 3 hours away for sleep studies instead of 30 minutes because "it's where they're from". Do we need to pay the OT to constantly fix broken down facilities to make inmates lives "better"? Look into the contracts that DOCS (Albany) has with Westchester County Medical... MILLIONS of dollars spent. It's $1500 just for the ambulance ride to the local hospital here when an inmate "can't poop" and Albany says take them (once a week). The SH*T watches that have to be covered because visitors are allowed contact with inmates and bring drugs in...are you going to cover that post? But we have to give the inmates that.

Am I going to bust my **** my last 5 years and work any and every OT shift I can to raise up my retirement? You're **** right. For what we go through, you're **** right. All this crap we see in the media about this escape hopefully opens some eyes to people. "Inmates in honor blocks are allowed personal clothing"...Uhhh no EVERY inmate is. "Inmates are allowed to work with tools", uhhh duh. "Inmates aren't watched 24/7" ...No kidding! Wow. "Inmates walk around the jail with no supervision" ...have you ever seen a prison? Sorry to be a **** but while this might not be the "forum" for it, its Joe Public like yourself who have these assumptions based on crap clueless suit and ties write up in Albany. People who've never seen passed the Sallyport at any jail but are deemed "experts".
                          The government creates waste - but only the union can fix it, and while I don't stereotype, for the most part "Joe Public" does, if the union doesn't get things under control, it will soon face the same paint brush Joe Public is beginning to put on Social Services.

What does it cost?

The future without union action?
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The government creates waste - but only the union can fix it, and while I don't stereotype, for the most part "Joe Public" does, if the union doesn't get things under control, it will soon face the same paint brush Joe Public is beginning to put on Social Services.

What does it cost?

The future without union action?
                            Once again, you don't understand. It's not the UNION...It's DOCS and Albany. Is it that hard to comprehend? You're looking at the cost of housing an inmate, the cost of the workers to WATCH them is NOTHING compared to what the liberals have GIVEN the inmates NOT THE UNION. Once again, that's not the UNION that's ALBANY/Tree Huggers. If you have an issue with DOCS and their "spending" I am right with you. And Ill say it again, if you have an issue with DOCS/Albany and their "spending" I am right with you! You, however, are totally confusing DOCS/Albany with NYSCOPBA. You want the UNION to change Albany, you do realize you can't? You do realize we can not strike? We are sadly the puppets of Albany. A reason why we took so many ZERO's for our raises. A reason why we've gone from Tier 3 50% retirement and paying in for 10 years to no OT allowed in retirement/pay your whole career Tier 1,4478. Yet Albany hands out raises to their people every year, yet you want to complain about the ones holding the keys to the doors keeping NY's finest behind the bars (minus the help from lonely wives).

2. NY will never privatize. Spare me.

I will leave this with one question...

Would you rather seen convicted felons, murders, rapists, touchers, receive top of the line health care/housing/dental/eye/food/college education for free better than what our military/senior citizen recieve or would you rather pay a New York citizen time and a half (or heck even just regular pay to fill the empty item numbers) to make sure they don't get out ??

Oh and yes, I don't care what you think of Joe Public. Unless you've worked behind the walls you don't know what goes on behind the scenes. It's not meant at a slam or disrespectful, but trying to tell a correction officer about things that happen behind the wall, or what you think happens behind the wall, when you've never been behind the wall makes you Joe Public. There is a reason why NYS doesn't allow video camera's behind the walls, they don't want "you" to see all the crap these inmates get, for free.
                            Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 06-10-2015, 05:19 PM.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Once again, you don't understand. It's not the UNION...It's DOCS and Albany. Is it that hard to comprehend? You're looking at the cost of housing an inmate, the cost of the workers to WATCH them is NOTHING compared to what the liberals have GIVEN the inmates NOT THE UNION. Once again, that's not the UNION that's ALBANY/Tree Huggers. If you have an issue with DOCS and their "spending" I am right with you. And Ill say it again, if you have an issue with DOCS/Albany and their "spending" I am right with you! You, however, are totally confusing DOCS/Albany with NYSCOPBA. You want the UNION to change Albany, you do realize you can't? You do realize we can not strike? We are sadly the puppets of Albany. A reason why we took so many ZERO's for our raises. A reason why we've gone from Tier 3 50% retirement and paying in for 10 years to no OT allowed in retirement/pay your whole career Tier 1,4478. Yet Albany hands out raises to their people every year, yet you want to complain about the ones holding the keys to the doors keeping NY's finest behind the bars (minus the help from lonely wives).

2. NY will never privatize. Spare me.

I will leave this with one question...

Would you rather seen convicted felons, murders, rapists, touchers, receive top of the line health care/housing/dental/eye/food/college education for free better than what our military/senior citizen recieve or would you rather pay a New York citizen time and a half (or heck even just regular pay to fill the empty item numbers) to make sure they don't get out ??

Oh and yes, I don't care what you think of Joe Public. Unless you've worked behind the walls you don't know what goes on behind the scenes. It's not meant at a slam or disrespectful, but trying to tell a correction officer about things that happen behind the wall, or what you think happens behind the wall, when you've never been behind the wall makes you Joe Public. There is a reason why NYS doesn't allow video camera's behind the walls, they don't want "you" to see all the crap these inmates get, for free.
                              What you're missing is that I support the CO's and agree that the REAL problem is DOCS and Albany (the CO's aren't granting the inmates rights and entitlements that are the envy of MOST of the working population - ask most non-governmental employees with a toothache for example). BUT - DOCS and Albany isn't going to change unless the union forces it to, the Joe Public's perception of the CO's is not looking great - the perception is the union leadership makes budget cuts and money the problem - when it is really mismanagement, waste and obscene inmate "perks". The union is the key, but their leaders are more concerned with their relationships with the CO's than Joe Public - but don't underestimate the power of Joe Public - times are changing. Consider Republican governors like Wisconsin's Scott Walker and other Conservatives are just the beginning and are gaining power. Never say never - the Titanic sank and public opinion can quickly be swayed - and it doesn't need to be swayed by the truth, just charismatic politicians telling their constituents what they want to hear.
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

What you're missing is that I support the CO's and agree that the REAL problem is DOCS and Albany (the CO's aren't granting the inmates rights and entitlements that are the envy of MOST of the working population - ask most non-governmental employees with a toothache for example).
                                *stands up and claps* okay you're getting it...

BUT - DOCS and Albany isn't going to change unless the union forces it to, the Joe Public's perception of the CO's is not looking great - the perception is the union leadership makes budget cuts and money the problem - when it is really mismanagement, waste and obscene inmate "perks".
                                Taylor Law, they have you by the ****. Isn't much of anything the Union (which is the employees) can do. We know the perception, and that's because crap like overtime numbers are spewed without knowledge of WHY. This isn't Teamsters and other Unions, maybe that's where you are going wrong. There is a lot of mismanagement, waste, and inmate perks....NONE of which NYSCOPBA has control over. Once again, NYSCOPBA does not create the jobs, give extra jobs, or put people in jobs. That's Building 2 (Albany). THAT is what you and Joe Public needs to understand. I understand the perception, and (tho sad to say) the Escape is putting a pretty bright light on all the cuts, procedures, perks that ALBANY let's convicts get away with. That was the big topic at work, what "good" will come out of this. BELIEVE me the majority of the BLUE LINE would love nothing more then Albany to open their jails up to the public so you could see where and what your hard earned dollars are going for. Unfortunately, its not just NY, its Nationally. Just today NYS adopted changes to their disciplinary policy that maximizes first time drug offenses (inside the jail) with a maximum of 30 days KEEPLOCK...not even in solitary confinement. It's also now the same 30 day max for assault on staff. Inmates can now kick the crap out of you, and as long as it's their first time they get to hang out in their regular cell for a maximum of 30 days. Once again, ALBANY NOT NYSCOPBA. I read the contracts that we have on our system for medical, construction, travel ect......if we cut those in half NYS would have millions of dollars to help schools and other necessary groups. But we can't, we have to give the states worst more and more and more while the rest of us scrape.

I'll say it again, if NYSCOPBA (which is nothing but CO's, voted by CO's, and ran by CO's) could change Albany, we would. Unfortunately once again, we don't make the rules, we just have to follow them.

The union is the key, but their leaders are more concerned with their relationships with the CO's than Joe Public - but don't underestimate the power of Joe Public - times are changing. Consider Republican governors like Wisconsin's Scott Walker and other Conservatives are just the beginning and are gaining power. Never say never - the Titanic sank and public opinion can quickly be swayed - and it doesn't need to be swayed by the truth, just charismatic politicians telling their constituents what they want to hear.
                                Once again, the UNION is CO's. You're right the public cheered when we had to give furlough days to NYS...guess what, you gave us more OT, thanks. They cheered when Cumo closed prisons and took away jobs, guess what, because you closed down some posts inmates were able to dig out right under the tower you closed down. How's that working for you now?

CO Overtime is the LEAST of the money wasting DOCS/Albany/Public should be worried about/change. If we had real jails with chain gangs, jumpsuits, 2 meals, community showers, 1 toilet, little heat, little air conditioning, paid medical, paid dental, paid prescriptions, non-contact visits, no free college education, ...you know the things Joe Public THINKS these mutts get. Instead they will be watching the latest Netflix releases Friday night, eating their Perry's Ice cream on their double stuffed mattress, but then it's decision time, Netflix or NBA Playoffs. But maybe they are too busy playing their own basketball on a full sized basketball court complete with regulation nets and wireless shot clock and complete scoreboard, but you're right...my extra 8 hour shift I got last week because an inmate swallowed a bag of K-2 that he got from his visit the day before and I had to make sure he didn't poop it out and swallow it again is much much worse. Or the shift I got the week before that I had to cover the officer who had his head smashed in by an inmate because he didn't like the officers tone. That's NOT NYSCOPBA's doing, that's ALBANY....once again.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X