Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

Welp, two tough defeats this weekend, now three straight 1-goal losses in W games w/ another (Neumann) at the Aud on Friday. The boys are scrapping but the goaltending is shaky. This team is not as bad as their record indicates so as they continue to gain experience I expect better results. On the bright side, frosh Carter is highest scoring d-man in the nation and the power play is much improved over last year. UC will definitely be an underdog vs. OSU in the Dome Saturday so a win would be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. UC has been outscored by one goal in the aggregate, but this team is going nowhere if the 'tending doesn't improve. The best save % on the team is .861 and that just isn't going to cut it. If that can be squared-away I like their chances to stage a resurgence. I'm impressed with the skaters as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Couldn't agree more. UC has been outscored by one goal in the aggregate, but this team is going nowhere if the 'tending doesn't improve. The best save % on the team is .861 and that just isn't going to cut it. If that can be squared-away I like their chances to stage a resurgence. I'm impressed with the skaters as a group.
        In 2011-2012 Norwich's number 1 goalie had an 0.889 save percentage and the team went 24-3-2. His GAA was under 2.00
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

It's Official...finally.

I apologize for the Laker centric press release, but this was easier than typing the details...on my phone...in the cold...

Student Broadcasts Set for Frozen Dome Classic

OSWEGO, N.Y. -- When Oswego State men's ice hockey makes history Nov. 22 during the first-ever collegiate hockey game at Syracuse University's Carrier Dome, Oswego alumni and Laker fans will be able to tune in and cheer from their homes around the world, thanks to live broadcasts by student-run television station WTOP and student-run radio station WNYO.

The live student broadcasts of the Toyota Frozen Dome Classic will begin at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. Oswego will play Utica College at 3 p.m., preceding the 7 p.m. professional hockey game that matches the Syracuse Crunch against the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Laker fans in Central New York can tune into the WTOP broadcast on Time Warner Cable Channel 325 or online at http://oswegolakers.com/watch/?Live=280. Or they can listen online to WNYO's broadcast at http://www.wnyo889.org/.

While the two student media outlets cover every home game at the Marano Campus Center arena, this will be just WTOP's second remote broadcast in the past two years. WTOP covered the men's ice hockey SUNYAC Championship game last season from Geneseo, bringing the contest to over 6,000 web streamers who watched the Lakers win their second-straight conference crown. With the college's support, WTOP will be able to use TWC's professional equipment for the live remote broadcast taking place this weekend at the Carrier Dome.

The Crunch and Comets will break the AHL's single-game indoor attendance record that was set in 1997 as 20,672 fans watched Carolina beat Kentucky 5-4 at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina.

With more than 25,000 tickets for the Crunch-Comet game already sold, the Crunch will now attempt to break the U.S. indoor pro-hockey mark of 28,183. That record was set at the Thunderdome on April 23, 1996, as the Philadelphia Flyers and Tampa Bay Lightning (the current NHL affiliate of the Crunch) squared off in an NHL playoff game. The No. 2-ranked Oswego State Lakers are asking that all of their 10,000 to 15,000 fans in attendance stay through the first period of the Comets-Crunch game to help break the record.

The ice rink will be set up similarly to the Carrier Dome's basketball configuration. Using this layout, the renowned Carrier Dome can seat more than 30,000 fans.

Laker fans who plan on attending the game live can stop by the pre-game reception from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. at the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center. For registration details, visit alumni.oswego.edu/frozendomeclassic.

To get the latest updates on nationally ranked Oswego men's ice hockey, visit http://oswegolakers.com/.
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Good news! Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I really didn't want to deal with the parking, distant seating, etc., and if the Naz/OSU game was any indication, might be a loooong afternoon for Utica.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              In 2011-2012 Norwich's number 1 goalie had an 0.889 save percentage and the team went 24-3-2. His GAA was under 2.00
              Ummm... NU scored 4.63 GPG overall that year, and even more than that playing in their conference (an absurd 4.95).

Utica isn't going to rack-up offensive numbers like that in the W, nor will any other team, and I guarantee that an .889 S% will not win in this league.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-20-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                It's Official...finally.

I apologize for the Laker centric press release, but this was easier than typing the details...on my phone...in the cold...

Student Broadcasts Set for Frozen Dome Classic

OSWEGO, N.Y. -- When Oswego State men's ice hockey makes history Nov. 22 during the first-ever collegiate hockey game at Syracuse University's Carrier Dome, Oswego alumni and Laker fans will be able to tune in and cheer from their homes around the world, thanks to live broadcasts by student-run television station WTOP and student-run radio station WNYO.

The live student broadcasts of the Toyota Frozen Dome Classic will begin at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday. Oswego will play Utica College at 3 p.m., preceding the 7 p.m. professional hockey game that matches the Syracuse Crunch against the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Laker fans in Central New York can tune into the WTOP broadcast on Time Warner Cable Channel 325 or online at http://oswegolakers.com/watch/?Live=280. Or they can listen online to WNYO's broadcast at http://www.wnyo889.org/.

While the two student media outlets cover every home game at the Marano Campus Center arena, this will be just WTOP's second remote broadcast in the past two years. WTOP covered the men's ice hockey SUNYAC Championship game last season from Geneseo, bringing the contest to over 6,000 web streamers who watched the Lakers win their second-straight conference crown. With the college's support, WTOP will be able to use TWC's professional equipment for the live remote broadcast taking place this weekend at the Carrier Dome.

The Crunch and Comets will break the AHL's single-game indoor attendance record that was set in 1997 as 20,672 fans watched Carolina beat Kentucky 5-4 at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina.

With more than 25,000 tickets for the Crunch-Comet game already sold, the Crunch will now attempt to break the U.S. indoor pro-hockey mark of 28,183. That record was set at the Thunderdome on April 23, 1996, as the Philadelphia Flyers and Tampa Bay Lightning (the current NHL affiliate of the Crunch) squared off in an NHL playoff game. The No. 2-ranked Oswego State Lakers are asking that all of their 10,000 to 15,000 fans in attendance stay through the first period of the Comets-Crunch game to help break the record.

The ice rink will be set up similarly to the Carrier Dome's basketball configuration. Using this layout, the renowned Carrier Dome can seat more than 30,000 fans.

Laker fans who plan on attending the game live can stop by the pre-game reception from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. at the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center. For registration details, visit alumni.oswego.edu/frozendomeclassic.

To get the latest updates on nationally ranked Oswego men's ice hockey, visit http://oswegolakers.com/.

http://www.utica.edu/wpnr907.... I'll take whatever listeners I can scrape together.
                Our bite is worse than our bark....
                Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                  The No. 2-ranked Oswego State Lakers are asking that all of their 10,000 to 15,000 fans in attendance stay through the first period of the Comets-Crunch game to help break the record.
                  This young man has had a very trying rookie season, what with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well... I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle. Number six, Ogie Oglethorpe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                    Current DIII record is a mildly-inflated (because of the way tickets were counted) 5,600 at the NCAA Semifinal between Plattsburgh and Elmira in 2008... 10-15k would absolutely shatter that record...

EDIT: That's the indoor record. The Norwich-Babson game at Fenway in 2012 holds the official overall DIII record at a whopping 7,250... and 10-15k would shatter THAT record, too!
                    Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 11-21-2014, 01:17 PM.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      Current DIII record is a mildly-inflated (because of the way tickets were counted) 5,600 at the NCAA Semifinal between Plattsburgh and Elmira in 2008... 10-15k would absolutely shatter that record...

EDIT: That's the indoor record. The Norwich-Babson game at Fenway in 2012 holds the official overall DIII record at a whopping 7,250... and 10-15k would shatter THAT record, too!
                      It is a stretch to call a domed football stadium set up with a portable ice surface as an "indoor" game. If they beat the Frozen Fenway game more power to them. But calling it an "indoor" record is artificial. Of course the record for empty seats goes to Adrian for the game they played at the University of Michigan Stadium a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        It is a stretch to call a domed football stadium set up with a portable ice surface as an "indoor" game. If they beat the Frozen Fenway game more power to them. But calling it an "indoor" record is artificial. Of course the record for empty seats goes to Adrian for the game they played at the University of Michigan Stadium a couple of years ago.
                        Remember Prof...that is where SU plays Bouncy Ball....It does qualify as inside. I have been there for hoops...It is an unbelievable place for any game !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          Remember Prof...that is where SU plays Bouncy Ball....It does qualify as inside. I have been there for hoops...It is an unbelievable place for any game !
                          True, it is more like a basketball court they put a football field on
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Exactly, and they are using the seating arrangement that is used for the Basketball games (essentially turning it into a regular old hockey arena). I'd say it certainly qualifies as an indoor arena.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Well, what me and the 'Dramatic Prairie Dog' were wondering about, was how Oswego determined that they'll have 10,000 to 15,000 fans in attendance. Something seems fishy...

Smells fishy to me...
                              This young man has had a very trying rookie season, what with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well... I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle. Number six, Ogie Oglethorpe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                                Well, what me and the 'Dramatic Prairie Dog' were wondering about, was how Oswego determined that they'll have 10,000 to 15,000 fans in attendance. Something seems fishy...

Smells fishy to me...
                                Aha! The old Islanders' logo resurfaces.

Comment

Working...
                                X