Ohio State - 2014/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State - 2014/2015

Bucks getting whipped 2-0 on home ice tonight. Still half the game left, but come on guys!

Comment

3-0 Michigan State in the third period. Rohlik can't be happy with this performance. I'm sorry, but it's going to be a long season if we're getting owned at home by Michigan State. My gosh. What is going on with this team?

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        3-0 Michigan State in the third period. Rohlik can't be happy with this performance. I'm sorry, but it's going to be a long season if we're getting owned at home by Michigan State. My gosh. What is going on with this team?
        So many little things wrong that would take forever to go over and explain. There's just something missing to bring it all together and ignite this team and I'm starting to wonder if the coaching staff should share some of the blame?
        If you look at it, when we're on the puck instead of making every effort to keep it in our offensive zone how many times tonight did you see the defensemen drop back and play the puck just outside the blue line to cushion against a possible up ice rush in case the Spartans beat them to the puck?
        Almost every time we bring the puck up ice into the Spartans end instead of trying to go straight for the net even with only one defender between them and the net we veer off to a corner and try to "set something up". Only once, late in the 2nd period did we actually click on a play and have a really good scoring chance on the doorstep.
        The consistency in which this is happening is not individuals on the ice making bad decisions, this is a fundamental shift in what is being drilled into them by the coaching staff. I don't know if it's because they are trying to compensate because of a lack of key players like Dzingle or possibly making the team pace itself more so they don't run out of gas.
        But when you see them light up at the end of the game and make a serious push you see they are certainly capable of making plays and showing intensity.
        I think coach needs to lighten up the leash and have them play like that much earlier in the game. So what if it open opportunities for turnovers or us running out of gas, if you don't win the game playing conservative what does it matter how you lost?
        A team always on the attack ALWAYS has a better chance than a team sitting back until the last minutes.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-20-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

The first 10 minutes of last nights game the Buckeyes controlled the pace of the game and the forecheck caused some problems but they were not able to capitalize on a couple of rebounds. The game turned at the 10 minute mark when Tomkins was forced to make a great pillow save off a mistake by the Buckeyes. From that point on until the lastn8 minutes Michigna State controlled everything. Right now the Buckeyes are way to passive In the offensive zone not crashing the net after rebounds. Hildbrand left more rebounds last night than he didmin the 5 games they played against state all of last year. Some one on this team has to become a leader that they are lacking right now,

Comment

Tonight they did it right and look at the results!
            I'm glad to see Cristofoli finally back in the lineup. He's made some good plays in the past and generally shows the energy this team seemed to be lacking lately. Hope he's kept in the lineup for awhile as he tries much harder than DaSilva.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              Tonight they did it right and look at the results!
              I'm glad to see Cristofoli finally back in the lineup. He's made some good plays in the past and generally shows the energy this team seemed to be lacking lately. Hope he's kept in the lineup for awhile as he tries much harder than DaSilva.
              Clark is terrible and needs to be on the bench. He turns the puck over a lot and is out of position more than I have ever seen a defenseman. Cant count how many times last night he was beat like a drum and he turned the puck over so much last night.

Comment

Last night was the Buckeye team that we saw most of last year. They played great defense cleared rebounds that Tomkins left. The forecheck was outstanding they forced MSU into mistakes that lead to scoring chances and goals. They went to the net hard which caused the first and last goals. The PP goal was a thing of beauty as well. Tomkins was outstanding getting the shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  Clark is terrible and needs to be on the bench. He turns the puck over a lot and is out of position more than I have ever seen a defenseman. Cant count how many times last night he was beat like a drum and he turned the puck over so much last night.
                  I didn't see it that way and even on his worst day he's better than DaSilva who is a 6'5" guy who's afraid to hit people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I didn't see it that way and even on his worst day he's better than DaSilva who is a 6'5" guy who's afraid to hit people.
                    Im not a big fan of DaSilva either but he don't turn the puck over as much as Clark.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State - 2014/2015

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      Im not a big fan of DaSilva either but he don't turn the puck over as much as Clark.
                      DaSilva never takes anyone OFF the puck. It's endless that he tries using his reach when going shoulder to shoulder with the guy with the puck instead of hitting or wiping him into the boards to force the turnover.
                      I'd still say Clark was an advantage for us considering the score was pretty much reversed from the previous night's game! I think he brought energy and push that made his teammates play up to match.

Comment

Notre Dame will be streaming the tournament free of charge! Here's the link to the info.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/s...112614aaa.html

Comment

just because this is far from OSU's best hockey team there is no reason for this thread to sink to the bottom of page three.

Comment

I agree Draighlicht. We have a big game Friday @ Michigan!

Comment

That game last night was ugly and that is an understatement. They keep making the same mistakes every game. The backside is always open in the defensive zone if i can see it the other team has to see it and begs the question as to why they have not fixed it? They dont pass the puck very well at all hardly ever tape to tape. Still dont handle pressure very well especially on the forecheck. This is hard to watch after the strides this program made last year. Its hard to blame any of the goalies for last night although the 2nd goal Frey should have had. It is very obivious that this team has no one ice leader. They better get one and fast. They have a while to let this loss stew before Mercyhurst on Jan 2. Things better change or this season will be a lost one. I thought they quit after the 5th Michigan goal. To give up 8 goals is bad enough but when 5 of them are PP goals that is awful. Undisciplined hockey will get you beat every time. That headbutt by Oddo was really stupid it cost them a player and 2 goals. I dont know what else to say but hope this is rock bottom for the season and everything goes up from here.
                              Last edited by klbaum1077; 12-06-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Unless you have impact freshman, it is tough to replace players like Dzingel and McCormick who signed over the summer.

I wish Rohlik and Exter cared less about their hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X