Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: Six Languages of Drivel

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    do you have to jump down his throat for not seeing a link?
    That's not the reason for the reaction. If he merely did not see the link, he just as easily could have asked, "how does one donate?" rather than include the extra snark.

Don't be an enabler: it is rude and insensitive behavior, not an "opinion" and not an "oversight", that precipitates these responses.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      you do realize, don't you, that there is a crucial difference between "having an opinion" and how one behaves, right?

When people complain about your behavior, it DOES NOT MATTER what your "opinion" is. In those cases, it is NOT your "opinion" that is at issue.

Why is this concept so hard for you to understand? Whatever your opinion might be, you can express it in a civil manner, or you can be a boorish rude thoughtless insensitive etc.

By making it about an "opinion" you are merely giving yourself permission to behave in a manner that decent civilized people find unacceptable.

It is NOT about your "opinion." Got it?

My guess is no, you don't get it, because you'll reply to this post with more petulant excuses. You are not a martyr to a cause, dud.
      You understood the point, yes? Good. If all you care about is how something is phrased, then you cannot handle people speaking or typing to you. Am I blunt? Absolutely. Straight to the point? You bet. That is the way it will be when I type. If you don't like it, then stop reading what I say so that your fragile little mind will not be broken by the truth. Life is too short to mince words. I type my peace, and then move on to the next topic. If you want to drag me back for the purposes of instigating a fight, that is your prerogative, but remember that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Comment

My condolences to babo on the loss of her husband. My apologies to her for turning the announcement of her husband's death into an argument with Dud.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          My condolences to babo on the loss of her husband. My apologies to her for turning the announcement of her husband's death into an argument with Dud.
          Especially considering it was over how I wanted to put forward a donation in Rich's memory. Terrific person he was, and will be greatly missed.

Comment

Today is 15 July 2014. There are 81 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              . Am I blunt? Absolutely. Straight to the point? You bet. That is the way it will be when I type.
              Most people treat their family better than they treat strangers. The rationale you provide is the same one that wife-beaters and child abusers provide to justify their behavior: I do nothing wrong, they provoked me, they "deserved" it.

No one has any problem with you acting like an obnoxious a55hole in political threads. Just leave that nonsense there. If you come here to beat up on your "friends" then there is something seriously wrong, it is not "blunt" nor "straight to the point" when you are abusive. it is a sign of a seriously disturbed mind.

I predicted in advance that you would rationalize away the constructive criticism. Every time I see you strike another person with your fist I will protest. It is not "blunt" to deliberately try to hurt other people, it is mean and cruel. If you cannot see that distinction then you really do need professional help.

You can be mean and cruel to others in the cafe as much as you like, and no one here will care at all. Every time you are gratuitously mean and cruel here, someone will protest. It might be any of 25 or 30 different people. How can you consider yourself to be a "friend" of RPI hockey if you go out of your way to alienate every RPI hockey fan??
              Last edited by FreshFish; 07-15-2014, 08:35 AM.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Today is 16 July 2014. There are 80 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Most people treat their family better than they treat strangers. The rationale you provide is the same one that wife-beaters and child abusers provide to justify their behavior: I do nothing wrong, they provoked me, they "deserved" it.

No one has any problem with you acting like an obnoxious a55hole in political threads. Just leave that nonsense there. If you come here to beat up on your "friends" then there is something seriously wrong, it is not "blunt" nor "straight to the point" when you are abusive. it is a sign of a seriously disturbed mind.

I predicted in advance that you would rationalize away the constructive criticism. Every time I see you strike another person with your fist I will protest. It is not "blunt" to deliberately try to hurt other people, it is mean and cruel. If you cannot see that distinction then you really do need professional help.

You can be mean and cruel to others in the cafe as much as you like, and no one here will care at all. Every time you are gratuitously mean and cruel here, someone will protest. It might be any of 25 or 30 different people. How can you consider yourself to be a "friend" of RPI hockey if you go out of your way to alienate every RPI hockey fan??
                  If you believe that I am striking with fists and deliberately trying to hurt people, then I cannot take seriously your judgement of my character because you sorely mistake my character. I offer criticism only to those that require it, only when it comes to specific related topics, and only at that specific time. If you were to do something that is worth defending, then I will defend you at that time when it comes to that particular topic. Any "attacks", as you call them, are never personal. Every day is a new day and a fresh start. If it seems like I continuously go after specific people, it is because they continue to make tarsal-mandible contact. I do not hold any grudges. I speak my peace, leave it all out on the field of play, and move on. It's the exact same philosophy that Coach Appert mentioned when it came to Rick Bennett after the TUC brawl. They left it all out on the ice, and as far as I understand, continue to work together to improve capital district hockey.

Comment

Just in case anyone was wondering, there is a tribute page specific to Richard Curadi, including all who have donated, and it does now include, on the right side, a Paypal-style donation button.

http://www.defendingtheblueline.org/...ichard-curadi/

Comment

How can you consider yourself to be a "friend" of RPI hockey if you go out of your way to alienate every RPI hockey fan??
                      Have to respectfully disagree with you.
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                        Have to respectfully disagree with you.

Bingo! That's it exactly! You summarized the situation perfectly: the presence or absence of that quality you described in most civil interactions.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          If you believe that I am striking with fists and deliberately trying to hurt people, then I cannot take seriously your judgement of my character because you sorely mistake my character. I offer criticism only to those that require it, only when it comes to specific related topics, and only at that specific time.
                          The first time we had a disagreement, it was because you "jokingly" said that all women who attend(ed) RPI are (were) ugly. I gently suggested that maybe this "joke" was not at all funny, that many people here might have wives, daughters, girl friends who attend(ed) RPI and this "joke" was insulting to them and to their relatives and friends. You responded, not with an "oops, sorry" but by doubling down and trying to insist that your comment was indeed "reasonable" and "justified."

How does it come about that your "criticism" of the appearance of all RPI women was "justified"?? We are all curious: what makes it "required" for you to call all RPI women ugly, and not to back down?

The first time might have been sophomoric, the insistence the second time was deliberate.
                          Last edited by FreshFish; 07-16-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

RPI lands 17 on the ECAC All-Academic List..... http://static.psbin.com/6/k/gud0ikg2...demic_Team.pdf
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

it was because you "jokingly" said
                              That should be explanation enough. Interwebs must be serious business, yeesh.

Comment

Today is 17 July 2014. There are 79 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X