RPI Offseason Thread: Six Languages of Drivel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Offseason Thread: Six Languages of Drivel

Today is 11 July 2014. There are 85 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 4 October 2014 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      There's a DONATE tab on the top right hand corner of the page. Maybe someday you'll stop being a self indulgent delta-bravo and actually contribute something to mankind before they bury you. I'm sorry to be so e f f ing blunt, but I'm just home from a wake for a guy I was proud to know and cannot take an ounce more of your whining BS ...
      Are you sure I'm the one that is whining?

I figured it out eventually. Had to navigate through several pages, and at the time I had selected the donate menu, the ways to donate wasn't clear. It wasn't until they put a full page directed to Rich's memory that I was able to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Are you sure I'm the one that is whining?
        You're always the one that is whining. That's all you seem to ever do is whine (that is, when you're not busy being wrong about something). You should look into turning pro.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          You're always the one that is whining. That's all you seem to ever do is whine (that is, when you're not busy being wrong about something). You should look into turning pro.
          You may have some contact with Daniel Webster that is unrevealed, but last checked, to whine is to complain in a feeble or petulant way. Did I mention something making it fairly difficult to discern where to do something? Fine, that's going to happen. To generalize this into the category of petulant complaining, and then to have another person immediately complain about a post without exploring context, would lead me to believe that I am not the one that is whining.

By your comment, though, I have to assume you are already a pro. Either that, or you spent ample time at an ivy league institution, where whining is part of the core curriculum.

Comment

Today is 12 July 2014. There are 84 days (12 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Richard J. Curadi, age 58, of Cheshire, entered into rest on Sunday, July 6, 2014 at MidState Medical Center. He was the devoted husband of Denise Paulis Curadi. Richard was born on February 23, 1956 in Copiague, N.Y., son of the late John and Caroline Brandolini Curadi.
              Richard served in the military for 32 years, in both the Marines and the Army. He served in Operation Desert Storm as an AH-64 Apache Pilot, survived a helicopter crash in 1991, served three additional tours of duty during the war against terror as a 
CH-47 Chinook Pilot, and currently served as a Maintenance Test Pilot in the Connecticut National Guard. He was a member of the VFW in Cheshire and a longtime youth level hockey coach. Richard lived for his family, helicopters, hockey and working out.
              Besides his wife Denise, Richard is survived by his son Luke Curadi of Cheshire.
              Richard’s funeral will be held on Friday, July 11, 2014 at 10 a.m. at the Alderson-Ford Funeral Home of Cheshire, 615 South Main St., Cheshire. His burial will follow at the State Veterans Cemetery, 317 Bow Lane, Middletown. Friends may greet the family at the funeral home on Thursday, July 10, 2014 from 5 to 8 p.m. At the request of the family, in lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Defending the Blue Line at www.defendingtheblueline.org . To view these arrangements online, leave condolences for the family or share a story, visit www.fordfh.com .
              Having just been through this ourselves-Jenny and I are just speechless. We had the pleasure of meeting him at the Princeton game and found him to be a charming wonderful man. Our hearts, or what is left of them after experiencing our own tragedy this February, go out completely to the Curadi family. A wonderful family has suffered a great loss. Our deepest sympathy-and all our prayers. DrD and Jen
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 13 July 2014. There are 83 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

to whine is to complain in a feeble or petulant way
                  what is your point?

even if you don't recognize yourself in that description, your observations in this matter are not reliable. You have a blind spot or a bias in which you clearly are unaware of and oblivious to how things you say and do will be perceived by other people. Rather than accept multiple feedback from a large number of people, (mmm...maybe the possibility exists that all of them are seeing something that I'm missing....which is more likely, that 25 or 30 other people all notice something that I miss, or that these other 25 or 30 people are all wrong?.....), you instead defend the indefensible and come off even worse in your responses than you did in your initial statements, which is no mean feat but is certainly not one worth admiring.

Most people, if they are infected with stubborn pride, when caught in a mistake, they merely remain silent. Almost no one, when caught in a mistake, doubles down and tries to defend it and define it away.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    what is your point?

even if you don't recognize yourself in that description, your observations in this matter are not reliable. You have a blind spot or a bias in which you clearly are unaware of and oblivious to how things you say and do will be perceived by other people. Rather than accept multiple feedback from a large number of people, (mmm...maybe the possibility exists that all of them are seeing something that I'm missing....which is more likely, that 25 or 30 other people all notice something that I miss, or that these other 25 or 30 people are all wrong?.....), you instead defend the indefensible and come off even worse in your responses than you did in your initial statements, which is no mean feat but is certainly not one worth admiring.

Most people, if they are infected with stubborn pride, when caught in a mistake, they merely remain silent. Almost no one, when caught in a mistake, doubles down and tries to defend it and define it away.
                    Perhaps you should consider applying this to yourself. You are not dogma, and neither is any poster on here. Everyone has their own opinions, and is entitled to them.

Comment

Today is 14 July 2014. There are 82 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Everyone has their own opinions, and is entitled to them.
                        you do realize, don't you, that there is a crucial difference between "having an opinion" and how one behaves, right?

When people complain about your behavior, it DOES NOT MATTER what your "opinion" is. In those cases, it is NOT your "opinion" that is at issue.

Why is this concept so hard for you to understand? Whatever your opinion might be, you can express it in a civil manner, or you can be a boorish rude thoughtless insensitive etc.

By making it about an "opinion" you are merely giving yourself permission to behave in a manner that decent civilized people find unacceptable.

It is NOT about your "opinion." Got it?

My guess is no, you don't get it, because you'll reply to this post with more petulant excuses. You are not a martyr to a cause, dud.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Reading, PA – The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League and Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has hired Kirk MacDonald as the team’s assistant coach for the 2014-15 season..... http://royalshockey.com/royals-add-k...sistant-coach/
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Reading, PA – The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League and Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League, today announced that the team has hired Kirk MacDonald as the team’s assistant coach for the 2014-15 season..... http://royalshockey.com/royals-add-k...sistant-coach/
                            Video interview with Kirk on hiring.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTPrT8MEAH8#t=12
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Guys, he couldn't find a button on a website. It happens. I was sitting next to RKarger when she got to the page and she had a hard time finding the donation button too.

I realize emotions might have been running high, and sometimes we have posters here that can be "difficult", but do you have to jump down his throat for not seeing a link? Would you react like that if he happened to repost a link on the thread, which is essentially the same sin in a different context? Geez.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Guys, he couldn't find a button on a website. It happens. I was sitting next to RKarger when she got to the page and she had a hard time finding the donation button too.

I realize emotions might have been running high, and sometimes we have posters here that can be "difficult", but do you have to jump down his throat for not seeing a link? Would you react like that if he happened to repost a link on the thread, which is essentially the same sin in a different context? Geez.
                                Whining is way better when it comes from you instead of him.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X