This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: climate change times are a changin'

funny. in some ways we are less tolerant than we used to be.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Can't we just agree that Solar FREAKING Roadways would help us all?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=qlTA3rnpgzU
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Now where did you find that? Those look awesome
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

This does look pretty amazing. I'm wondering what a given length of roadway would cost to build with this system compared to traditional roadways--I'm guessing the difference would be staggering.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            You would argue that science isn't evolving? Always making new discoveries that lead to previous theories being re-written?
            Of course not, but I'm smart enough to not misuse nor misapply that fact in debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              So you considered the idea feasible up until the potential economic impact?
              That sums up the opposition. They know the truth but they don't want to be inconvenienced.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I'm smart enough to not misuse nor misapply that fact in debate.
                Having read your posts over the years, I'm ready to believe that, Slap, I really am. But then I have to reconcile that with the fact that you are a loyal gopher fan, and it all falls apart for me.

And I'm smart enough not to misuse or misapply that fact in a debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  That sums up the opposition. They know the truth but they don't want to be inconvenienced.
                  The truth is that there has to be analysis on what is feasible, reasonable and what is just no realistic anymore.
                  Should we just stop producing CO2 tomorrow?
                  So what, we all stop exhaling, we all stop eating meat because the process of producing enough cattle, cows, chickens, pigs is having a negative impact?
                  How big is that impact?
                  How realistic is it to expect us to all go cold turkey on these things?
                  How positive are you that this is necessary?
                  How much does this prolonged pause in apparent effects, despite the continued increase in CO2 emmissions, make a reasonable person question previous statements of how quickly we need to react?
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    The truth is that there has to be analysis on what is feasible, reasonable and what is just no realistic anymore.
                    Should we just stop producing CO2 tomorrow?
                    So what, we all stop exhaling, we all stop eating meat because the process of producing enough cattle, cows, chickens, pigs is having a negative impact?
                    How big is that impact?
                    How realistic is it to expect us to all go cold turkey on these things?
                    How positive are you that this is necessary?
                    How much does this prolonged pause in apparent effects, despite the continued increase in CO2 emmissions, make a reasonable person question previous statements of how quickly we need to react?
                    Going cold turkey on exhaling and eating meat are very similar levels of commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                      No, no...we just need to fit them with methane scrubbing gas masks and underwear. Problem solved.
                      Udderly ridiculous.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Traffic jam = no power generated.

How do you clean the things from stuff that drips off vehicles and animals.?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Traffic jam = no power generated.

How do you clean the things from stuff that drips off vehicles and animals.?
                          I like how they're going to be self heating so that snow/ice won't freeze on them. If there were enough solar energy impinging on the roadways to keep them that warm, our regular old boring freaking roads wouldn't freeze either.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            I like how they're going to be self heating so that snow/ice won't freeze on them. If there were enough solar energy impinging on the roadways to keep them that warm, our regular old boring freaking roads wouldn't freeze either.
                            When the heating elements are active, the roadway draws power--they acknowledge as much. I guess the question then becomes whether the power draw is more or less efficient than a fleet of snow plows and whether or not is can be as effective in all conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              goldy shared this on Facebook the other day, it really is quite on the point with the lowering concept of tolerance that we're seeing with regards to competing viewpoints in the 'age of tolerance.'

http://www.bloombergview.com/article...disinviting-me
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

really? you think the first Mendeleev's first 1869 periodic table include Flerovium? Lutetium? Einsteinium? Bohrium? Mendelevium? do you even catch the irony? the point is science is always evolving, discovering new things. discarding theories that don't work. developing new ones.
                                Do you truly not understand how completely irrelevant elements being added to a list of elements, is to your science is always changing argument? If it can even be so generously called that. Tell me, what new element discovery falsified the existence of hydrogen.

this from WorldWatch Institute : animal agriculture produces more greenhouse gases than all forms of transportation. the United Nations report on "Livestocks Long Shadow: Environmental Issues and Options" agrees. vegetarians unite!
                                Since sources burn you. It's a report from 2006.

Guess what genius, that's still an aspect of how humans are causing climate change. Something you keep going on about being in question.

It's infuriating that with all the information out there and the almost complete consensus by the people who spend their lives working in the field, it's expected by a certain type of person to get undue respect and to be taken seriously for their unsupported comments, psuedo-scientific garbage, and outright pants on head ******** comments. And when they don't they whine about how their ideas aren't being tolerated.

Communists.

Comment

Working...
                                X