X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: climate change times are a changin'

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Sounds like a "take your ball and go home" tactic.
    Sure, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      And who says we're heading back to that if we keep pollution criteria where they are today?

Republicans! At least they'd like us to go back in time.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        Sounds like a "take your ball and go home" tactic.
        Funny how you respond to his comment but again ignore the substance of my comment that prompted his comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          And who says we're heading back to that if we keep pollution criteria where they are today?
          In this thread alone, tiggsy has all but called for the repeal of the EPA and every other federal agency besides the military, the fbi, and the dept of transportation (security and infrastructure).

There is certainly a segment out there that would be fine going back to the days where rivers were on fire in the name of the free market.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            In this thread alone, tiggsy has all but called for the repeal of the EPA and every other federal agency besides the military, the fbi, and the dept of transportation (security and infrastructure).

There is certainly a segment out there that would be fine going back to the days where rivers were on fire in the name of the free market.
            I don't want a repeal of the EPA but I certainly think they have overstepped their bounds on many things. As far as pollution control goes, I think they're ok. Controlling ponding water in a person's yard is a bit crazy. I will say this, my experiences with regulations pretty much show that that federal EPA really isn't that necessary beyond guidance anymore because each state I've encountered has its own rules and in many cases they are more stringent than the feds.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by unofun View Post
              Pollution is literally the textbook example of a negative externality. If company X is spewing sulfur dioxide which is causing acid rain 3 states away on homeowner Y's property, that's a negative cost that will not be reflected in the price of company X's goods. Guess how we correct for that market failure?
              Um, you route the smokestacks into the ventilation system that feeds into the company's boardroom, right?
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

That's quite a leap to make from my comment, don't you think? So you are allowed to make inferences that are huge leaps from my posts but I can't make any connections from yours or Grin's? I see how the game is played.

And so sorry I didn't bother to respond to your post. I must beg your forgiveness. I'll try harder next time because responding to you is the most important part of my day. Especially the ones where you either mischaracterize what I say or take personal digs at me.

Comment

remember who put the EPA in place? and set it up with flexibility to respond to new info. Richard Nixon. a Republican.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    is name calling the best you've got? not a very scientific argument. and, yes, the periodic table has changed numerous times as new elements are found.
                    It's almost physically painful for you to talk about a scientific argument then double down on your periodic table of elements stuff. You might as well be bringing up the merits of different styles applied of spreadsheets. Or whether or not adding another row will ruin the entire presentation.
                    of course the climate is changing, always has, always will. I think everyone agrees with this. the cause is the issue.
                    The consensus by scientists, who are actively involved in the field, is overwhelmingly in agreement on the cause of climate change.... humans. This has already been pointed out multiple times in this very thread.

Comment

remember who put the EPA in place? and set it up with flexibility to respond to new info. Richard Nixon. a Republican.
                      Yep. And Milhous also got the Civil Rights Act rolling in the South.

A conflicted man.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Which is where the expression "the sun shines on a dog's @ ss once in awhile" comes from!

Really, even Carter can point to the Camp David Accords as a successful outcome of his otherwise failed Presidency....
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                          It's almost physically painful for you to talk about a scientific argument then double down on your periodic table of elements stuff. You might as well be bringing up the merits of different styles applied of spreadsheets. Or whether or not adding another row will ruin the entire presentation.

The consensus by scientists, who are actively involved in the field, is overwhelmingly in agreement on the cause of climate change.... humans. This has already been pointed out multiple times in this very thread.
                          really? you think the first Mendeleev's first 1869 periodic table include Flerovium? Lutetium? Einsteinium? Bohrium? Mendelevium? do you even catch the irony? the point is science is always evolving, discovering new things. discarding theories that don't work. developing new ones.

this from WorldWatch Institute : animal agriculture produces more greenhouse gases than all forms of transportation. the United Nations report on "Livestocks Long Shadow: Environmental Issues and Options" agrees. vegetarians unite!
                          Last edited by huskyfan; 05-23-2014, 01:07 PM.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Yep. And Milhous also got the Civil Rights Act rolling in the South.

A conflicted man.
                            and opened China. a very very strange man indeed.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

really? you think the first Mendeleev's first 1869 periodic table include Flerovium? Lutetium? Einsteinium? Bohrium? Mendelevium? do you even catch the irony? the point is science is always evolving, discovering new things. discarding theories that don't work. developing new ones.

this from WorldWatch Institute : animal agriculture produces more greenhouse gases than all forms of transportation. the United Nations report on "Livestocks Long Shadow: Environmental Issues and Options" agrees. vegetarian unite!
                              cow genocide is our only hope!
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                cow genocide is our only hope!
                                No, no...we just need to fit them with methane scrubbing gas masks and underwear. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X