This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    That would work great in theory. The problem is in the practical details. The government shouldn't get any of that money; we just cannot trust them with it. Look at how the tobacco settlement has been used for all sorts of things other than smoking-related illnesses, for example, or how the social security "trust fund" has been raided to finance the federal deficit.

Especially with the current administration, which has repeatedly failed to keep its word or to follow the laws as enacted. any kind of program that you describe is off the table at least until 2017. That's a natural consequence when you say one thing and then do another, people stop trusting you.
    Can you ever not respond with a right wing talking point?

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      It was a counter strike thing waaaay back in the day. cF was the clan name and Authentic was my nickname.
      [xZ]Slaughter. At least I think XZ was the clan. That was maybe 20 years ago now.

Comment

• Re: climate change times are a changin'

Originally posted by unofun View Post
        Yes, I just did.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          This will save a lot of time.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            This will save a lot of time.
            I think we can simplify that down even farther:

Do you believe in global warming?

No: You're a right-wing wacko who'll go to any length to disprove any scientific fact ever because Rush Limbaugh proclaimed the opposite as Truth.

Yes: GREAT! THANK YOU for being a part of the civilized world. Unfortunately, with all the greedy, rich, white, male capitalists, we can't do anything about it so we'll keep waiting for coastal cities to go underwater before yelling "AH HA! TOLD YA SO!"
            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
              I think we can simplify that down even farther:

Do you believe in global warming?

No: You're a right-wing wacko who'll go to any length to disprove any scientific fact ever because Rush Limbaugh proclaimed the opposite as Truth.

Yes: GREAT! THANK YOU for being a part of the civilized world. Unfortunately, with all the greedy, rich, white, male capitalists, we can't do anything about it so we'll keep waiting for coastal cities to go underwater before yelling "AH HA! TOLD YA SO!"
              Um, no?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Going to the all star game next week? Dress warmly - the "polar vortex" is back!!!
                http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-week/?hpid=z3
                Perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea for me to hold my breath waiting for Joe to post something about the record breaking heat that's expected in the Northwest this weekend into next week?

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Yes, I just did.
                  Really? You think saying you can't trust the government with anything is somehow not a right wing talking point?

Comment

Polar Vortex: The Aussie Edition
                    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...3f771dfd4654b8
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

well, I guess we are doing our part. we own trees and cut them up for firewood (usually downed ones). holy s#!t I might be a liberal!!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        Perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea for me to hold my breath waiting for Joe to post something about the record breaking heat that's expected in the Northwest this weekend into next week?
                        I'm in Hawaii right now, where it is 86 during the day and 76 at night. A bit windy, though.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Did you watch my videos?
                          In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                          I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            I'm in Hawaii right now, where it is 86 during the day and 76 at night. A bit windy, though.
                            perfect weather!
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              well, I guess we are doing our part. we own trees and cut them up for firewood (usually downed ones). holy s#!t I might be a liberal!!
                              Don't worry. If you're burning them, then you're putting most of that carbon right back in the atmosphere where it belongs!
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                                perfect weather!
                                I can see the 8th hole (par 3) of Ko Olina Golf Club out of our floor's elevator lobby window. The wind is reeking havoc with some player's tee shots.

But much better is watching the sun and moon set into the Pacific.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X