BC Women's Hockey '14-'15: #SOAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Of the teams BU has scheduled neither Minnesota or Wisconsin have made trips to BU.
    To date, Minnesota's regular-season games versus BU have been part of a four-team showcase, not the type of two-game home series that are typically returned.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Re: BC Women's Hockey '14-'15: #SOAR

Article on losing Miller but gaining Burt

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...celerating-usa
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Katie is a great goalie, awesome kid, and has solid support from a good family. Still will be alot to ask of some young goalies to step right into the college game speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
          Katie is a great goalie, awesome kid, and has solid support from a good family. Still will be alot to ask of some young goalies to step right into the college game speed.
          First off I really like cheese so I'm sure we're going to get along great.

You're right on the young goalies, it's tough to adjust. I'm hopeful, though. BC has a good history with freshmen starters. Schaus was a 4 year starter, and though men's is a different animal, Thatcher Demko started off last year as a 17 year old freshman and Muse played every minute of his freshman year. And won us a title

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            First off I really like cheese so I'm sure we're going to get along great.
            Probably not so much, in a GO BU! kind of way. Although the players all get along off the ice, its only 11 stops away.

Comment

I HATE this.... Now kids are not only getting recruited in their freshman year of high school, they are forgoing their senior year of high school to matriculate to college early so that they can be part of a 3 way competition for a starting spot? The insanity is growing......

BTW - I'm also a little surprised that BB&N and BC signed up for this. One thing if BC had NO goalie or even just 1 goalie, but they have 2 very talendted goalies already coming in

Comment

Originally posted by Royale with Cheese View Post
                Probably not so much, in a GO BU! kind of way. Although the players all get along off the ice, its only 11 stops away.
                Aw, man, we had a good thing going. We're through! #BoycottCheese #CheeseNever

Comment

Might take a few months to acclimate to the college game but Burt is going to be a star. There are virtually no flaws in her game and I would expect her to be as good as any collegiate goaltender who has ever played the position. No worries for BC and good luck to the departed Ms. Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by wpiguy View Post
                    There are virtually no flaws in her game and I would expect her to be as good as any collegiate goaltender who has ever played the position.
                    Whew, that's some bold prognosticating... Here's hoping you aren't just a proud relative! haha

Comment

Burt is going to be great! She is a big and very well positioned. She will be a star right off the bat for these Boston college eagles.

Comment

I have seen her play multiple times over the last few years and was very impressed. However last season was not impressive for BBN and in the 3 games I saw this past season it was not good. It may be more of indication of what is in front of her. I am not that close to the situation but I would be concerned she is not ready to move up at this time.

Comment

I like this info. Sounds like her school wasn't much of a powerhouse?

What about Switaj? 4 year starter at Culver is pretty solid, 4 years at national team camp... Anyone know anything on her?

Comment

I like this info. Sounds like her school wasn't much of a powerhouse?

What about Switaj? 4 year starter at Culver is pretty solid, 4 years at national team camp... Anyone know anything on her?
                            Here is what I said on 6/4: "Very Good goalie who plays the puck well. Basically kept her outgunned Culver teams in games. Her biggest question at D1 will be her small size."

Comment

Didn't Miller come in a year early? Why, when she only played in 16 games over 2 seasons? Was she an Olympic hopeful? What does this say about Gabri Switaj, having Burt come in a year early? I would love to be a fly on Katie's wall, seems she is a great salesperson.

Comment

Originally posted by SamB View Post
                                I have seen her play multiple times over the last few years and was very impressed. However last season was not impressive for BBN and in the 3 games I saw this past season it was not good. It may be more of indication of what is in front of her. I am not that close to the situation but I would be concerned she is not ready to move up at this time.
                                Wasn't Burt's highest level of competition 16U? I understand she played a couple games at the international level, but it would seem this isn't enough to warrant a starting spot for a great D1 program as an underager. Saw her at National Camp this year too and wasn't very impressed with some of the weak goals that were let in. I will say, her team was definitely the worst, but I guess when you hear so much good press on a kid, you'd think she'd perform at an elite level on the biggest stage. But then again, she is a 17 year old kid. This is interesting to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X