This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2014-2015

I haven't seen Megan Millers name on the roster yet either... not quite sure what to make of it.. I agree with Badger Booster that a couple of the forwards listed on the roster may have to take some reps on defense to add a little depth on the back end -- injuries are inevitable in any season. Perhaps they are thinking to move a player or two back who did not get a lot of ice time at forward last year. I'm sure that a coaching staff as strong as this one has a plan! It will be interesting to see what they decide!! I think this season could be a really good one for this team!!

Comment

Season tickets are available as of this morning. UW has held the line on pricing ($30/adult, $15/kids + $10 processing fee) which is nice. Said it before, but it's probably the best sports value in town.

Comment

ARD is the feature player in the season ticket brochure (which are on sale now through 8/29), not a big surprise to me. I got a chuckle out of what MJ said about the home visit with ARD. The brochure says there is no "fill the bowl" planned, but that it still may end up happening.

Seeing only 2 goalies on the roster (at this point) is a little nerve racking, but in reality, it's ARD all season or bust.

Schedule....not much to say, just win baby. Cool to see the F4 is just to the west this year, that's a trip we'd love to make.

6 D....I did not pay attention to the D corps rotations last year, does MJ rotate 6 steadily against the lower end opponents and then just spot play the last pair against the rodents of the world?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          6 D....I did not pay attention to the D corps rotations last year, does MJ rotate 6 steadily against the lower end opponents and then just spot play the last pair against the rodents of the world?
          As best I saw and recall, early in the year they went with only five D players one night and then six the next, as Jenny Ryan was recovering from ACL surgery (she would sit one night then play the next); No discernible 'pairs' when playing five, just 'the next two' out onto the ice. Once she was ready to go on back-to-back nights, the same six played the entire year, and all three pairs played a 'full' allotment of shifts throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
            Season tickets are available as of this morning. UW has held the line on pricing ($30/adult, $15/kids + $10 processing fee) which is nice. Said it before, but it's probably the best sports value in town.
            My Gopher tickets are $108 for a reserved seat. I'm 3 rows above their bench. I consider that to be a great deal. UW and UM season tix at such a great price, it's nice to be in on the secret isn't it?

I hope you guys don't mind me posting on your thread

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              My Gopher tickets are $108 for a reserved seat. I'm 3 rows above their bench. I consider that to be a great deal. UW and UM season tix at such a great price, it's nice to be in on the secret isn't it?

I hope you guys don't mind me posting on your thread
              I'll take BC's $0 season tickets any day
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                I'll take BC's $0 season tickets any day
                You get what you pay for.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Nos. 1-4: all WCHA teams - average attendance 1784
                  No. 22: BC - average attendance 269

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2013-2014/
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Nos. 1-4: all WCHA teams - average attendance 1784
                    No. 22: BC - average attendance 269

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2013-2014/
                    269 seems high, sadly. It must be inflated by the Skate with the Eagles games. A lot of the time there's probably barely 100 people there. A real shame.

Comment

Goes to show that UND is doing quite well in attendance based on the programs position. Not too surprising though.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                        269 seems high, sadly. It must be inflated by the Skate with the Eagles games. A lot of the time there's probably barely 100 people there. A real shame.
                        Some universities inflate their attendance numbers by counting everyone in the building including the players and officials. I don't know of any examples in women's hockey but some (*cough* Michigan *cough*) are notorious for doing this with football.

It's also worth noting that about a quarter of Wisconsin's total season attendance was one game.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Goes to show that UND is doing quite well in attendance based on the programs position. Not too surprising though.
                          Even more impressive when you factor in population.

Comment

Originally posted by frozenfeet View Post
                            Even more impressive when you factor in population.
                            My impression is the UND women's team is really treated with respect in Grand Forks in the sense that the video cast of the games is good with 2 pretty good announcers, decent interviews between periods, pretty good weekly interviews/press conferences with players and coaches, and I think pretty good press coverage of the team by the newspaper.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                              My impression is the UND women's team is really treated with respect in Grand Forks in the sense that the video cast of the games is good with 2 pretty good announcers, decent interviews between periods, pretty good weekly interviews/press conferences with players and coaches, and I think pretty good press coverage of the team by the newspaper.
                              Grand Forks is large enough to have newspaper and television coverage and small enough to not have a ton of news to cover.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                                It's also worth noting that about a quarter of Wisconsin's total season attendance was one game.
                                Yes, but both Minnesota and North Dakota also had a single game that accounted for 15% and 25% of total attendance respectively. Nothing wrong with it, but just pointing out that Wisconsin isn't the only school benefiting from a feature game.

Also interesting that both Minnesota and Wisconsin drew more in their home playoff games than more than half of other teams drew all year.
                                Last edited by Badger Booster; 07-29-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X