This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2014-2015

Wouldn't the goalie that xferred from BC get the Taylor money?

Comment

Interesting point.. Who knows the circumstances behind the transfer though and when it was finalized. The Cianfirano de - commit happened pretty late in the game so things may have already been in place for the BC goalie transfer...

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
        Interesting point.. Who knows the circumstances behind the transfer though and when it was finalized. The Cianfirano de - commit happened pretty late in the game so things may have already been in place for the BC goalie transfer...
        you have to believe that they knew about any problem before the goalie left. schools know many months in advance if kids are having troubles. could have promised the money months ago to lure her away. it's a bit strange as to why she would leave. she had a great gig in front of her.

Comment

Ok, I'll bite since I don't see it on any other threads that I know of (though could easily have missed it). Who is the BC transfer and is it official?

Comment

Love the talk about the upcoming 2014-2015 Badger season! I have been going to a few games a year since the program began and it is always interesting to see how the team evolves year to year! Any thoughts out there on what the teams line up will look like this season? Line combos, d-pairings, starting goaltender? Keep the talk going Badger fans!! The season will be here before we know it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              Ok, I'll bite since I don't see it on any other threads that I know of (though could easily have missed it). Who is the BC transfer and is it official?
              I haven't seen anything official, but it's fairly widely rumored that Megan Miller (rising senior G) is leaving BC.

Comment

Curious to see if any other defensemen will be on the roster besides the 4 returners and two incoming freshmen (again, I could be missing something).

Comment

I don't know if there are any other defenseman recruits except for the 2 new freshmen.. When adding the incoming freshman class this year the roster this season looks like this: FORWARDS- (15 total) Harding, Doner, Ammerman, McKibbon, Josephs, Nurse, Turnball, Johnson, Drake, Sylvester, Sowchuck, Jones, Pankowski (Fr.)*, Wellhausen (Fr.)*, Clark (Fr.)* DEFENSE- (6 total) Ryan, Burke, Channell, Zgraja, Rolfes (Fr.)*, Williams (Fr.)* With fifteen forwards and only six defensemen maybe the coaches are thinking that a forward could possibly move back to defense. Haven't seen any news about other recruits coming in except for the 5 new freshman and the goalie transfer from BC....
                  Last edited by rangersrule; 06-16-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                    I haven't seen anything official, but it's fairly widely rumored that Megan Miller (rising senior G) is leaving BC.
                    If true Wisconsin would make sense as a potential landing spot. Her brother is the third-string goalie for the Badgers' men's team.

Comment

It is very true... Megan Miller is definitely the BC goalie transfer now with the Badgers...

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                        It is very true... Megan Miller is definitely the BC goalie transfer now with the Badgers...
                        These situations always intrigue me. I would assume she got released from BC, then basically shopped herself to UW or whoever else, or MJ heard she was released then he contacted her. It's interesting she's going from a situation where she's looking at major icetime to a situation where she may play in maybe 6 games or so and be behind ARD till Miller herself graduates. These are some questions a reporter would need to ask MJ. Tristar Scoop needs to make a call or two. I like the pick-up, getting someone with experience, but I also feel bad for Walters, she had to be thinking she was going to get some icetime this year. She just has to beat out Miller if she wants it.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Back to my campaign for a band at all the women's home games......I emailed the assistant band director Darin Olson today. I'm hoping he does respond in some way.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Do any Badger fans out there know when the upcoming 2014-15 schedule and roster will be released on the UW website? Very interested to see when the season begins!

Comment

UW seems to always release the women's hockey schedule fairly deep into the summer. Based on opponents' schedules, there are many dates set, but I don't expect the official schedule out for a couple more weeks.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...071114aaa.html

However, the captains have been named. Not surprised Turnbull is the captain, but a little surprised Ammerman didn't get the nod as an assistant.

Comment

Working...
                                X