Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

If my stat-checking is correct you have to go back seven years- to the beginning of the 2007-2008 season to find three games in a row without wins: Elmira/Elmira/Plattsburgh to start that year with the "National Championship hangover".
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
      If my stat-checking is correct you have to go back seven years- to the beginning of the 2007-2008 season to find three games in a row without wins: Elmira/Elmira/Plattsburgh to start that year with the "National Championship hangover".
      well no better time to end that streak than the next game vs. you know who

Comment

The kids are back for the last week of classes before finals and WTOP is running a hockey marathon of sorts that started today at 4pm with Canton.... I have not seen a complete schedule but I suspect it's two games each day until they run out of games they have recorded....details as they become available. http://www.wtop10.com/live/
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          The kids are back for the last week of classes before finals and WTOP is running a hockey marathon of sorts that started today at 4pm with Canton.... I have not seen a complete schedule but I suspect it's two games each day until they run out of games they have recorded....details as they become available. http://www.wtop10.com/live/
          thanks for the info,and lets hope the Genny game and a few others come out different this time...oz vs Canton playing now

Comment

The game friday night will be a big one for sure,Oswego looking to de-funk ,and Platty looks to have shaken off the Norwich lose..I think we will see Zawadski for the Lakers and Finney for the birds btwn the pipes,they will be the 2 most important players on the ice.Once again special teams will also factor into the equation.

Comment

Oswego does play Platty Fri night?????......insert Tumbleweed video..........perhaps threads will start evaporation??..only on the board for 4 or 5 yrs but I do seem to remember some videos that used to get put up before these rivalries,and some smack talking as well,ow well Ill get my handwarmers out and see if any Platty fans needs a espresso..
              Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-03-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                Oswego does play Platty Fri night?????......insert Tumbleweed video..........perhaps threads will start evaporation??..only on the board for 4 or 5 yrs but I do seem to remember some videos that used to get put up before these rivalries,and some smack talking as well,ow well Ill get my handwarmers out and see if any Platty fans needs a espresso..
                Sorry bak, too busy dealing with the whiners from Middlebury still. OSWEGO SUCKS! (feel better?) No video this year from me. I might offend someone

In all seriousness I told the wife that all plans are canceled Friday and Goggle Chrome is ready to go on the big screen. Having to work at 6am Saturday morning for 16 hours, not thinking a quick 6 hour one-way trip to Plattsburgh is in the forecast. So its NSN, WIRY, WTOP, WNYO to the rescue. I'm still a firm believer in that you're not as good as they say you are when you win, and you're not as bad as they say you are when you lose. Having said that, a three point weekend is HUGE for Plattsburgh. Oswego really needs this game. Plattsburgh still has road trips to Buff State and Fredonia (who are a combined 0-3-0 and outscored 22-2 in the last 3 games combined) while Oswego still has to travel to the Ira and play those pesky Ponies twice. Yes it's still early, but I will feel much better going into the final weekend with a 4-5 point lead on Oswego.

Goaltending is up in the air on our end. Roli (outside of Norwich) has played well and Finney had an issue with rebounds (except against Middlebury) in a lot of his other starts. Its Roli's turn to start, but we shall see. Either way I am confident on either one giving Plattsburgh a chance to win. In the few games I've seen Oswego, win or loss, they've normally been the better team. If Plattsburgh thinks they are getting a 0-1-2 team in their last 3 they are mistaken. If they think "they (OSU) lost to Genny, we beat Genny" they will lose!

Don't even get me started on special teams right now. As we joked about last weekend, if hockey had the option to decline a PowerPlay, we should. At just around 11% it's just not there. I would be much more okay with 11% if Plattsburgh was getting high quality shots on goal on the power play, that's not happening. Several times a game Plattsburgh will get ZERO shots on goal during power plays. With the talent on the ice, it CAN be worked out.

As far as the green and gold, as I said last year, the success of Oswego was based on TEAM. Yes there is talent, but they played together as a TEAM last year. Sacrificed bodies, worked hard in the corners, and was gritty. (Titanic anyone?) They just seem to be missing something this year. Sure they can dipsy-doodle around, make cute passes, and a few snipe shots here and there but when the going gets tough they seem to be missing that spark. Someone will have to step up and carry the team in that regards. While Plattsburgh doesn't have the Jensen affect, I think this years Cardinal class is deeper and the defense seems a little more stable. If Plattsburgh could score a power play goal here and there their stats would right up there with the rest of the DIII world. They have no scorer in the top 75 Nationally, but do have 2 in the top 5 in SUNYAC scoring (playing Norwich and Middlebury might have something to do with that).

Prediction? No idea. To me like I said, Oswego needs this game more. They can not go down 5 points to Plattsburgh at the break (giving them still a full four points to Morrisville still). For some reason I'm thinking a sister kisser 3-3 Tie...
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Sorry bak, too busy dealing with the whiners from Middlebury still. OSWEGO SUCKS! (feel better?) No video this year from me. I might offend someone

In all seriousness I told the wife that all plans are canceled Friday and Goggle Chrome is ready to go on the big screen. Having to work at 6am Saturday morning for 16 hours, not thinking a quick 6 hour one-way trip to Plattsburgh is in the forecast. So its NSN, WIRY, WTOP, WNYO to the rescue. I'm still a firm believer in that you're not as good as they say you are when you win, and you're not as bad as they say you are when you lose. Having said that, a three point weekend is HUGE for Plattsburgh. Oswego really needs this game. Plattsburgh still has road trips to Buff State and Fredonia (who are a combined 0-3-0 and outscored 22-2 in the last 3 games combined) while Oswego still has to travel to the Ira and play those pesky Ponies twice. Yes it's still early, but I will feel much better going into the final weekend with a 4-5 point lead on Oswego.

Goaltending is up in the air on our end. Roli (outside of Norwich) has played well and Finney had an issue with rebounds (except against Middlebury) in a lot of his other starts. Its Roli's turn to start, but we shall see. Either way I am confident on either one giving Plattsburgh a chance to win. In the few games I've seen Oswego, win or loss, they've normally been the better team. If Plattsburgh thinks they are getting a 0-1-2 team in their last 3 they are mistaken. If they think "they (OSU) lost to Genny, we beat Genny" they will lose!

Don't even get me started on special teams right now. As we joked about last weekend, if hockey had the option to decline a PowerPlay, we should. At just around 11% it's just not there. I would be much more okay with 11% if Plattsburgh was getting high quality shots on goal on the power play, that's not happening. Several times a game Plattsburgh will get ZERO shots on goal during power plays. With the talent on the ice, it CAN be worked out.

As far as the green and gold, as I said last year, the success of Oswego was based on TEAM. Yes there is talent, but they played together as a TEAM last year. Sacrificed bodies, worked hard in the corners, and was gritty. (Titanic anyone?) They just seem to be missing something this year. Sure they can dipsy-doodle around, make cute passes, and a few snipe shots here and there but when the going gets tough they seem to be missing that spark. Someone will have to step up and carry the team in that regards. While Plattsburgh doesn't have the Jensen affect, I think this years Cardinal class is deeper and the defense seems a little more stable. If Plattsburgh could score a power play goal here and there their stats would right up there with the rest of the DIII world. They have no scorer in the top 75 Nationally, but do have 2 in the top 5 in SUNYAC scoring (playing Norwich and Middlebury might have something to do with that).

Prediction? No idea. To me like I said, Oswego needs this game more. They can not go down 5 points to Plattsburgh at the break (giving them still a full four points to Morrisville still). For some reason I'm thinking a sister kisser 3-3 Tie...
                  got a good laugh at the "oswego sucks"..Titanic seemed to come up with some bigtime goals and threw his body around when needed, hits and blocked shots,kind of like #39 Docking did for you guys.As for netminding,I watched some on the computer and Finney looked a little more stable to me?? As for Oz in the net both Gilbert and Zawadski,have rebound trouble and seem to wonder and caught out of position as well,not sure why???Special teams,well we have had our issues on the PK ,we give the opponent to much credit,as I think most will cough it up if pressured,I always think when there is trouble on the PP,bomb the net with any shot and crash it,maybe get in the goalies face as well,,ow did I write that.Platty has some pretty well spread out scoring, as does oswego,didnt think we would have another freshman leadign the team in goals at this point...Outcome,1goal game with an empty netter....perhaps you could decline the penalty,they do it in the NFL???
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-03-2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Not me,fellow. I am ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the boys will be ready too if they remember the last two against the Lakers. A few choice memories? I think so. So, here we go and it should be a great one . PAYBACK TIME!!! GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that smack talking enough for ya? LOL. Let's have some fun!

Comment

There is too much mutual respect in this rivalry for smack talk, at least amongst those of us that have been around a while. The games are always hard fought and cleanly played games, things happen at the end sometimes but for the most part there is minimal BS. Oswego needs this game big time, but so does Plattsburgh as it is a chance to bury OZ in the standings. Oswego had that chance against Geneseo and failed. I think Plattsburgh has been playing the better hockey to this point so I give them a slight edge but it really is a coin flip.

Comment

For those of you who tried to watch the Frozen Dome game online live, the replay of the WTOP broadcast is TONIGHT (Thursday) at 7pm....for real. If you want to relive last year's crazy SUNYAC championship from Genny, that game is on now.... www.wtop10.com click on the LIVE link on the home page.
                        LakerEagleLover

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post

+1
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

Nice win for the Lakers they out hustled Platty and won most of the battles on the boards.No Bonner and Smith and Carr inserted into the line-up. Zman played well in goal,didnt seem like to many grade A chances for Platty,he does makes me nervous when he comes out of the net,one hit off his skate but there was no Bird to pick it up. First 2 goals by Oz were soft but they also got stoned by Roleux as well.Finney came in and made several game saving saves at that point. Our forecheck was AWESOME,and our Dzone play was very good,a few mad scrambles but that is it be expected.PP 1 for 3,and a BIg 3 goal for sure.All the penalties were penalties, the refs let them played and perhaps missed a few but they seemed ok...Da bears tomorrow night,sucks I cant watch I have a funeral......GO LAKERS...ps dont think I remember any oddman rushes.vs a team like Platty that is BIG..

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Nice win for the Lakers they out hustled Platty and won most of the battles on the boards.No Bonner and Smith and Carr inserted into the line-up. Zman played well in goal,didnt seem like to many grade A chances for Platty,he does makes me nervous when he comes out of the net,one hit off his skate but there was no Bird to pick it up. First 2 goals by Oz were soft but they also got stoned by Roleux as well.Finney came in and made several game saving saves at that point. Our forecheck was AWESOME,and our Dzone play was very good,a few mad scrambles but that is it be expected.PP 1 for 3,and a BIg 3 goal for sure.All the penalties were penalties, the refs let them played and perhaps missed a few but they seemed ok...Da bears tomorrow night,sucks I cant watch I have a funeral......GO LAKERS...ps dont think I remember any oddman rushes.vs a team like Platty that is BIG..
                              ...as long as it's not YOUR OWN...funeral...my condolences...
                              LakerEagleLover

Comment

Nice win last night - D held it together - only ONE penalty - solid effort, high work rate - let's get the same effort tonight, collect the points take a break and prepare for the Pathfinder... Go Lakers!
                                LakerEagleLover

Comment

Working...
                                X