Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

I'm not so sure Oswego needs any more of those look how many goals I can score type guys. But you might be right about Oswego bringing enough name recognition to bring out a few local hockey kids.

The one thing that bothers me about that game is that it's in Mass. because I'm always up for seeing new teams play and I can't justify that trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
      I'm not so sure Oswego needs any more of those look how many goals I can score type guys. But you might be right about Oswego bringing enough name recognition to bring out a few local hockey kids.

The one thing that bothers me about that game is that it's in Mass. because I'm always up for seeing new teams play and I can't justify that trip.
      Maybe Utica is rubbing off on Gosek......
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        Maybe Utica is rubbing off on Gosek......
        I think you were correct earlier about it being a scrambling situation with the Dome game gumming up the works.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
          You really think a lot of Jr. and HS kids are gonna go an watch Stonehill? I suppose it is a possibility but I don't see it. I think it is more scramble mode, some other games didn't work out so they took what they could get. A nearly six hour trip on a weeknight is tough even if the opponent is not so great. Let's face it, this past season these guys struggled against teams with bad records while they played great against some of the Elite teams so some of these games might be tougher tests than they look on paper. They will have to put a lot of emphasis on
          games against Platty, Genny, Hobart, Elmira and Utica as well as the SUNYAC playoffs if they want to get back to the NCAA's for a sixth straight year. I see three potential games that won't count, Stonehill, Southern New Hampshire and Scholastica if they play them. I could be wrong on the last one.
          Last years contests against Buff State and Fredonia immediately come to mind. Oh by the way we open against BSU this year so well see right away if they have solved this.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            Last years contests against Buff State and Fredonia immediately come to mind. Oh by the way we open against BSU this year so well see right away if they have solved this.
            Buffalo's going to need a new Carr to get to the rink.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              buffalo's going to need a new carr to get to the rink.
              :d

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

they have 2 goalies comeing back that have played total half a game in college,,,,,they may need 2 carrrrrrs or a stellar transfer
                Last edited by bakdraft21; 06-25-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

The complete SNC schedule has not been announced yet, but I did hear that the Green Knights will be hosting Buffalo State for two games @ the CCC over the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend..
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                    The complete SNC schedule has not been announced yet, but I did hear that the Green Knights will be hosting Buffalo State for two games @ the CCC over the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend..
                    the Knights may have to lend the visitors a goalie...they did host Adrian last yr for 2 games,maybe its some sort of twisted payback,not funny I assure you when it happens
                    Last edited by bakdraft21; 06-25-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

The games will now be played at The Marano Center Ice Arena,the named was passed by the board in mid June,the family made the largest donation to Oswego of 7.5 million smackers,nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        The games will now be played at The Marano Center Ice Arena,the named was passed by the board in mid June,the family made the largest donation to Oswego of 7.5 million smackers,nice job.
                        That they will be.

The State University of New York Board of Trustees today (June 17) unanimously approved naming the Campus Center complex at SUNY Oswego after the late Nunzio and Lorraine Marano.
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Norm always has my back with the links

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            I think we will call the rink The "Nunzi"....
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              I think we will call the rink The "Nunzi"....
                              Is that we they'll call it when a Laker goalie shuts out someone? A Nunzi.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I'm watching the FIL World Lacrosse Championships, and in this game between Cezch Republic and Germany SUNY Oswego just got some love on ESPN3. Czech Republic head coach Dr. William Kaden, PhD. is a 2002 Oswego graduate and former member of the SUNY Oswego Lacrosse team. (He has a PhD in chemistry and still plays/coaches Lacrosse... He's the NCAA's posterchild for the ultimate Student-Athlete experience!)
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X