Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

B4 I go snowblow...The team looked pretty good last night,we played in spurts and ran around in our dzone a few times but took care of what needed to be done.Zman played well,most saves were pedestrian but came up with a few big ones when needed.The penalty kill was more aggressive and buff st had trouble handling that,I like it.Good team win,the lower SUNYAC teams can bite you in the *** if you dont take care of the basics,we did just that ,Freddy tonight,I expect just about the same game,some hardhits then slow down as the game goes on..............

Comment

Stats and Albano,never a worry when we took a penalty they played smart on the pk and took care of business.

Comment

Norm1909, Keep those articles coming. Priceless. I've certainly exhausted my 15 minutes of fame. Thanks again. Bakdraft and I may need to start a new thread called "everything other than the game". We laughed for 45 minutes yesterday on the phone reliving the glory days. Hard for anyone who wasn't there to believe all of that stuff really happened. But it did. I think its time for me to ride off in the sunset and you guys get back to reporting the current team. Maybe I will chime in from time to time as I also watch many of the games online. All the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          B4 I go snowblow...The team looked pretty good last night,we played in spurts and ran around in our dzone a few times but took care of what needed to be done.Zman played well,most saves were pedestrian but came up with a few big ones when needed.The penalty kill was more aggressive and buff st had trouble handling that,I like it.Good team win,the lower SUNYAC teams can bite you in the *** if you dont take care of the basics,we did just that ,Freddy tonight,I expect just about the same game,some hardhits then slow down as the game goes on..............
          a 60 minute effort last night...like it was a playoff game. A good sign if they can duplicate that effort tonight....
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by Greatlaker11 View Post
            Norm1909, Keep those articles coming. Priceless. I've certainly exhausted my 15 minutes of fame. Thanks again. Bakdraft and I may need to start a new thread called "everything other than the game". We laughed for 45 minutes yesterday on the phone reliving the glory days. Hard for anyone who wasn't there to believe all of that stuff really happened. But it did. I think its time for me to ride off in the sunset and you guys get back to reporting the current team. Maybe I will chime in from time to time as I also watch many of the games online. All the best.
            I for one look forward to a former players perspective like you and bak's--stay active on thread man!

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              I for one look forward to a former players perspective like you and bak's--stay active on thread man!
              I would hope Stats stays around and puts his 2 cents in every know and then,he has been in the hockey world for some 40ish yrs and knows what what,I on the other hand just wing it,Thanks and lets hope we play another well rounded game tonight,this is when we have to take care of the little things and the big ones will follow in the big games.I still dont know how the coaching staff picks the line-up,I looked at who was in suits man they have a tough job and have been crushing it lately

Comment

Ok. Twist my arm. I coach two youth teams and will talk hockey all day long if someone will listen. Regarding picking lineups, I actually spoke with Coach Gosek last weekend after their practice when I was in Oz and asked that exact question. The answer was basically attitude and effort. Some are a given night in and night out but others fight for playing time. Ed mentioned that every single player was a standout where they played prior to Oswego so sitting for some becomes a motivating factor and for others a curse. I remember personally sitting in the stands and other games sitting on the bench. My freshman year 84-85 during our team holiday party at the Shacky Patch, my Secret Santa bought me one of those orange hunting seats that have the beads in it that heat up when you sit on it. After 3-4 players failed out of school I wound up getting plenty of playing time second semester. As Ed put it, everyone needs to always be ready whether it be due to performance or injuries. Coaching is not easy and if I/we as in players knew then what we know now, we would be/have been more respectful of our coaches, their decisions and the pressures involved. So, if Donnie Unger is reading this, I've come a long way in almost 30 years. Good luck to the Lakers tonight.

Comment

Donnie who?
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Contratulations

Rumors, rumors, rumors

Lakers win critical game against Union 5-4
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• These are awesome, Norm! I wish there more color photos available from those years.

Comment

an aggressive forward from Long Island, played Junior B with the Green Machine last year

S and O luxury bus

Lakers scored two third period goals to drop Geneseo 5-4
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

What a difference 24 hrs make with a team. Last nights team played great team hockey and controlled all aspects of the game. Tonight the score is not an indicator of the game. For the 2 periods I watched they were lucky to lead after 2. I thought freddy had to many odd man rushes in the first period but the hockey gods said no goals on them. We played really sloppy at times and had big troubles clearing it out of our zone. I don't understand how Freddy can be winless from watching the team that I saw tonight. Their PPK was something very impressive to watch and maybe they should play short handed all the time. The pick up of Jackson is huge for the Lakers this young man brings great energy to the team. Also Ragausso's (SP ??) goal was a thing of beauty. It was nice to see some other players get in to the scoring column for they have worked hard all year, ie Waterstreet and Ragausso's goal.
                          Oswego '88

Comment

Fredonia is winless in league because they absolutely suck. They didn't really have that many odd man rushes, they could have had a 3 on 1 but the guy with the puck turned around and went the other way. Oswego was not lucky to lead after 2 periods Fredonia plays for the tie every night or at least to not get killed. They were slow as I have seen a team this season and their checking was comically bad, when they managed to actually make contact with a Laker they usually wound up on the ice. Fredonia tries to create chaos and relies on bounces to score goals, you can win some games that way but over the course of the season you need to actually make a few plays to have any sort of decent record.

Comment

[QUOTE=Laker28;6085124]Fredonia is winless in league because they absolutely suck.

I guess we saw 2 different games, and I know the person who stood beside me didn't see the game you watched either. To bad I got your dander up but I'm not going to sugar coat a poor performance.
                              Oswego '88

Comment

It wasn't that poor of a performance, they made a few mistakes but they cleaned them up pretty well and they made Freddy pay for a few of theirs. Fredonia plays hard but they have no real hockey smarts that is why they don't win games. I don't get some of you guys they sleep through games and you say oooh the goalie stole it then they house a team 7-1 and you talk about poor performances. No wonder all the Norwich fans hate the Oswego fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X