Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Oswego State 2014-2015 Thread...LETS FINISH THE JOB!!!!!

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    I'm watching the FIL World Lacrosse Championships, and in this game between Cezch Republic and Germany SUNY Oswego just got some love on ESPN3. Czech Republic head coach Dr. William Kaden, PhD. is a 2002 Oswego graduate and former member of the SUNY Oswego Lacrosse team. (He has a PhD in chemistry and still plays/coaches Lacrosse... He's the NCAA's posterchild for the ultimate Student-Athlete experience!)
    one never knows do one....nice post...i thought I was the posterchild
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 07-14-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      I think we will call the rink The "Nunzi"....
      Like it

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        Is that we they'll call it when a Laker goalie shuts out someone? A Nunzi.
        Nunzis was a great bar back in the day. I'm sure backdraft remembers the kill a keg parties they used to have

Comment

Originally posted by bridge st. run View Post
          Nunzis was a great bar back in the day. I'm sure backdraft remembers the kill a keg parties they used to have
          Been there, drank that...
          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Been there, drank that...
            Named after Nunzi Salvadore, who ran it as Salvadore's Grove located on Snake Swamp Road - after Nunzi died in 1957, it was later owned by Sam Tesoriero (who died in 2002)
            Last edited by norm1909; 07-15-2014, 02:48 PM.
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by bridge st. run View Post
              I remember little from the Nuzi-a-thons...I used to bring a empty Cheer laundry container,cross out the ch and put in a B,,,ugh cleaned my out big time

Comment

ARLINGTON, Va. – Chris Waterstreet of the Oswego State men's ice hockey team was the only member of a NCAA Division III institution to earn an invite to one of the 2014 National Hockey League (NHL) Development Camps. In all, over 300 active and future players from 54 schools, 53 of which are Division I members, participated in the developmental camps, according to SB Nation College Hockey's Nathan Wells.

Waterstreet, who will be entering his sophomore season as a Laker, was invited to the 2014 Washington Capitals Development Camp. The camp ran from July 7-12 at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Va. A forward, Waterstreet participated with several Capitals prospects and recent draft picks as well as undrafted and amateur players.

The Northville, Mich. native finished with five goals and four assists for Oswego during his freshman campaign in the 2013-14 season. He saw significant time in 27 games for the Lakers, helping the squad reach the NCAA Division III Championship Frozen Four for the fifth-consecutive year.

Waterstreet and Oswego will be back on the ice at 7 p.m. on Oct. 25 as they host the U.S. National Under-18 team in an exhibition contest. The regular season and SUNYAC schedule will start on the road at Buffalo State on Oct. 30 as the Lakers' quest for a third-straight conference championship begins.
                LakerEagleLover

Comment

ARLINGTON, Va. – Chris Waterstreet of the Oswego State men's ice hockey team was the only member of a NCAA Division III institution to earn an invite to one of the 2014 National Hockey League (NHL) Development Camps. In all, over 300 active and future players from 54 schools, 53 of which are Division I members, participated in the developmental camps, according to SB Nation College Hockey's Nathan Wells.

Waterstreet, who will be entering his sophomore season as a Laker, was invited to the 2014 Washington Capitals Development Camp. The camp ran from July 7-12 at the Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, Va. A forward, Waterstreet participated with several Capitals prospects and recent draft picks as well as undrafted and amateur players.

The Northville, Mich. native finished with five goals and four assists for Oswego during his freshman campaign in the 2013-14 season. He saw significant time in 27 games for the Lakers, helping the squad reach the NCAA Division III Championship Frozen Four for the fifth-consecutive year.

Waterstreet and Oswego will be back on the ice at 7 p.m. on Oct. 25 as they host the U.S. National Under-18 team in an exhibition contest. The regular season and SUNYAC schedule will start on the road at Buffalo State on Oct. 30 as the Lakers' quest for a third-straight conference championship begins.
                  Pretty cool! Kyle Thomas attended two Minnesota wild camps on back to back years and had some success with a goal in Atleast one game.

Unfortunately for Kyle his knees haven't kept up with the rest of his body to date and he hasn't been able to find a pro home yet.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Very nice for him,and just like speed, ya cant coach size can ya.After readin a few articles, there were 6 or 7 players that were 6'5" or better,I guess they are lookin to bulk up some in washington If I remember the Caps have a ex Oswego/neuman goalie who does the internet/film there who is something like 6'6"ish...he also got to dress in a few games as well due to injury,pretty cool.
                    Last edited by bakdraft21; 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      Very nice for him,and just like speed, ya cant coach size can ya.After readin a few articles, there were 6 or 7 players that were 6'5" or better,I guess they are lookin to bulk up some in washington If I remember the Caps have a ex Oswego/neuman goalie who does the internet/film there who is something like 6'6"ish...he also got to dress in a few games as well due to injury,pretty cool.
                      I dropped a note to my former business partner and Caps owner Ted Leonsis to ask if we can keep him until graduation....
                      LakerEagleLover

Comment

I dropped a note to my former business partner and Caps owner Ted Leonsis to ask if we can keep him until graduation....
                        sounds good to me.

Comment

It's all your grad assistant's fault!!!
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            It's all your grad assistant's fault!!!
                            ???

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              ???
                              Does Norm have to do all the web linking here??
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Does Norm have to do all the web linking here??
                                that would be nice,I am lucky I can logon this machine

Comment

Working...
                                X