This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I worked at UPS for 8 years and rarely had any issues with the union guys. Sure a few of them were malcontents that would push buttons to see what they could get away with, but when called to the carpet they would ultimately get the job done and at UPS we didn't eff around with inefficiency. I didn't envy any of those guys from Thanksgiving through the end of the year either. I did ride-a-longs often during the holiday season and they earned every penny we paid them.
    Yeah, there’s a reason I haven’t become a driver. But even the air ramp is pretty bad after Thanksgiving.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Headline News Thread

I'm not a union hater. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of them, but I'm not actively out to get rid of them, which is a bit different. JJ and MNS both stated valid reasons on why they like unions. Fair posts.

It depends on what angle you see them as, and therefore, some different opinions are going to come out.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        I worked at UPS for 8 years and rarely had any issues with the union guys. Sure a few of them were malcontents that would push buttons to see what they could get away with, but when called to the carpet they would ultimately get the job done and at UPS we didn't eff around with inefficiency. I didn't envy any of those guys from Thanksgiving through the end of the year either. I did ride-a-longs often during the holiday season and they earned every penny we paid them.

I was a seasonal driver one season.

I'm still scarred.

It wasn't the physical aspects as you get used to it. It's 100% mental as it feels like the truck will never be empty. You've done hours and hours and look back and the truck is still full.

Delivering packages at 9:00PM to nicely decorated, warm homes is a lonely endeavor at this time of year too.

I'm amazed at what those people get done in this short window.

They wanted me to consider going into management and I declined.

Oh yeah... and I was a Teamster.

For 5 weeks.

Brothers for life though.

Comment

Hope he died screaming.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...Blb?li=BBnb7Kz
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Anger can be power. Know that you can use it.
            Never, never, never, never respond in anger.
            Always, always, always respond with forethought and intent.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Not terror per the Aussie authorities; just another idiot plowing through a crowd.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-plo...rne-1513842409
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

For 5 weeks.

So you know a guy who knows a guy. That is good to be aware of.

I worked at a Hostess warehouse as a fill-in schlepping loads and building scaffolding one summer. It was a family-owned facility. We actually had a really good time.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Never say never. There are times for anger, as with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Never say never. There are times for anger, as with anything else.
                    It seldom turns out well.

Even if the delay is momentary, respond with forethought and intent (and if need be, malace), not a mere unthinking reactionary lash.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      It seldom turns out well.

Even if the delay is momentary, respond with forethought and intent (and if need be, malace), not a mere unthinking reactionary lash.
                      Hence using your anger.

Frankly, if you're not angry about what this group of thugs and thieves has done to this country, you haven't used any forethought.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Hence using your anger.
                        Yes, Emperor.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The key: Always, always, always manipulate your base to respond in anger and fear.

Comment

Take inspiration where you can.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              I was a seasonal driver one season.

I'm still scarred.

It wasn't the physical aspects as you get used to it. It's 100% mental as it feels like the truck will never be empty. You've done hours and hours and look back and the truck is still full.

Delivering packages at 9:00PM to nicely decorated, warm homes is a lonely endeavor at this time of year too.

I'm amazed at what those people get done in this short window.

They wanted me to consider going into management and I declined.

For 5 weeks.

I’ve worked at UPS for 11 years and I still wonder how the drivers do it sometimes. On top of having to deliver at 9pm during Christmas they’re usually getting hounded by management all day about various things. I’ll just stick to being a ramper thank you.

Of course I’ll be a driver before I’ll ever do Pre-Load. “Hey we need you to load 4 trucks simultaneously while we’re unloading eleventy billion packages per hour. And start time is 1:30. AM.”
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I’ve worked at UPS for 11 years and I still wonder how the drivers do it sometimes. On top of having to deliver at 9pm during Christmas they’re usually getting hounded by management all day about various things. I’ll just stick to being a ramper thank you.

Of course I’ll be a driver before I’ll ever do Pre-Load. “Hey we need you to load 4 trucks simultaneously while we’re unloading eleventy billion packages per hour. And start time is 1:30. AM.”
                                My dad works for usps. Said they hired 100 seasonal workers this year and 10 showed up. He’s having to go in four hours early some days.

Comment

Working...
                                X