Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 879

Thread: Headline News Thread

  1. #841

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,340

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    We never had DARE. I think there was some other knockoff program, but I didn't much pay attention to it. I was more worried about, you know, more important stuff, like Calculus, Chemistry and Physics.
    Fun fact: Daryl Gates of Rodney King fame founded DARE.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  2. #842
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,372

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    We never had DARE. I think there was some other knockoff program, but I didn't much pay attention to it. I was more worried about, you know, more important stuff, like Calculus, Chemistry and Physics.
    ditto, but we didn't have calculus in 3rd grade
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  3. #843
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,461

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    ditto, but we didn't have calculus in 3rd grade
    Wait, we're talking about 3rd grade? I thought we were talking about high school. In 3rd grade I was all about my multiplication tables, bro.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  4. #844
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29,611

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    ditto, but we didn't have calculus in 3rd grade
    You must spread....

  5. #845

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,742

    Re: Headline News Thread


  6. #846
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,657
    Desiree Linden is the first American woman to win the Boston Marathon since 1985!

  7. #847
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,767

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Desiree Linden is the first American woman to win the Boston Marathon since 1985!
    The men's winner is Yuki Kawauchi, first Japanese man to win since 1987 and first amateur winner in decades.

    He'll be reporting back to his day job as a high school administrator first thing tomorrow morning.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

  8. #848

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,340

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    The men's winner is Yuki Kawauchi, first Japanese man to win since 1987 and first amateur winner in decades.

    He'll be reporting back to his day job as a high school administrator first thing tomorrow morning.
    That guy is amazing. He's run something like 75 marathons under 2:20 and he's just some dude. In my opinion that is far more impressive than any of the show pony professionals.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  9. #849

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,340
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  10. #850
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,657

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    The men's winner is Yuki Kawauchi, first Japanese man to win since 1987 and first amateur winner in decades.

    He'll be reporting back to his day job as a high school administrator first thing tomorrow morning.
    The second place finisher for women is a full time nurse.

    Although, I'm still amazed that Shalane Flanagan went into the porta-loo and came out in 14 seconds.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  11. #851
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colo Spgs
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    The second place finisher for women is a full time nurse.

    Although, I'm still amazed that Shalane Flanagan went into the porta-loo and came out in 14 seconds.
    You shouldn't be

  12. #852

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,340

    Re: Headline News Thread

    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  13. #853

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,340

    Re: Headline News Thread

    The essence of a good headline is to be factual while piquing the reader's interest.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  14. #854
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,657

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Power outage at Cedar Point; people stuck on rides.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  15. #855
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,767

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Power outage at Cedar Point; people stuck on rides.
    IIRC this happens a couple times a year - Cedar Point is on a large peninsula and there's only one main power trunk leading onto the peninsula, and it goes down pretty frequently.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

  16. #856
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    39,657

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    IIRC this happens a couple times a year - Cedar Point is on a large peninsula and there's only one main power trunk leading onto the peninsula, and it goes down pretty frequently.
    I didn't know this.

    I need to get back to Cedar Point. Last time I was there, their most intense ride was the Magnum.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  17. #857
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,767

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I didn't know this.

    I need to get back to Cedar Point. Last time I was there, their most intense ride was the Magnum.
    I do too. Thought about a big coaster tour this summer to catch up on all the ones I'd been missing - decided to boot that to next year due to work getting really busy this summer (my organization has an ongoing major project that's made some pretty dubious news nationally for delays and cost overruns, and it is finally opening this summer and they need all hands.)

    From everything I'm hearing Steel Vengeance (the brand new replacement for Mean Streak) is a certified monster.

    If it was legal in the state of Ohio, I'd marry Millennium Force.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

  18. #858
    Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...
    Posts
    5,383

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I do too. Thought about a big coaster tour this summer to catch up on all the ones I'd been missing - decided to boot that to next year due to work getting really busy this summer (my organization has an ongoing major project that's made some pretty dubious news nationally for delays and cost overruns, and it is finally opening this summer and they need all hands.)

    From everything I'm hearing Steel Vengeance (the brand new replacement for Mean Streak) is a certified monster.

    If it was legal in the state of Ohio, I'd marry Millennium Force.
    Except that they can only run a single train due to some sort of sensor malfunction and has been glitchy since it opened two weeks ago, causing all sorts of PR/Guest Relations problems .

    But other than that, yea, awesome ride . Just be prepared to wait half a day if you don't have Early Entry for resort guests.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

    Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

    Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

    Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

  19. #859
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,767

    Re: Headline News Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Except that they can only run a single train due to some sort of sensor malfunction and has been glitchy since it opened two weeks ago, causing all sorts of PR/Guest Relations problems .

    But other than that, yea, awesome ride . Just be prepared to wait half a day if you don't have Early Entry for resort guests.
    It's probably a hard veto for the entire first year. Went on Dragster the year it opened in August - already a 2 hour wait, added 3 hours because it was having problems clearing the hill.

    I've heard people are getting re-rides on MF right now
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

  20. #860
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    25,372

    Re: Headline News Thread

    I would never wait two hours for a ride. That’s insane.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •