X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headline News Thread

4,000 lbs of beef recalled due to mad cow disease
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That's kind of misleading.

They were recalled because they MAY have contained tissues that are known to be hosts to CJD. But there were no signs of CJD in any of the cows.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Another plane lost. Air Algirie, flying across the Sahara desert to Algiers. Doesn't sound like terrorist related, just maybe lost in a storm.

Story on CNN
        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
          Another plane lost. Air Algirie, flying across the Sahara desert to Algiers. Doesn't sound like terrorist related, just maybe lost in a storm.

Story on CNN
          Sounds like there is some concern about terrorist activity, since it was flying right over some hotbed in Mali, but people don't think that those terrorists have the arms to take down a jet. I wouldn't completely count it out, until there is evidence to the contrary.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Don't tell Opie:http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...7780739.column

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Paywalled, sorry

Comment

Don't drink the water in Toledo
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Drinking ban has been lifted.

I was in Toledo yesterday. People were losing their minds in Kroger.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Drinking ban has been lifted.

I was in Toledo yesterday. People were losing their minds in Kroger.
                    Isn't that a normal occurrence?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Isn't that a normal occurrence?
                      Kroger, not WalMullet. And even more so than usual.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        Some friends and I went out to the Walmart here in Bowling Green to get some bottled water to donate, and the shelves were completely empty. We went to Kroger next where they were restocking, but had limits on how much a household could take. There wasn't any price gouging going on here, but I heard there was a bit going on in Toledo. It was an interesting experience- you never expect something like that to happen, especially so close to home.

And as *oledo is our biggest rival in athletics, we were having a lot of fun with this on Twitter. We're terrible people.
                        BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

I'm not sure which thread is the right one for this information.

To the extent that a new threat of having one's computer or smartphone get hacked would be considered headline news....

USB devices such as mice, keyboards and thumb-drives can be used to hack into personal computers in a potential new class of attacks that evade all known security protections, a top computer researcher revealed on Thursday.

Karsten Nohl, chief scientist with Berlin’s SR Labs, noted that hackers could load malicious software onto tiny, low-cost computer chips that control functions of USB devices but which have no built-in shields against tampering with their code.

Computers do not detect the infections when tainted devices are inserted into a PC because anti-virus programs are only designed to scan for software written onto memory and do not scan the “firmware” that controls the functioning of those devices, he said.

Once a computer is infected, it could be programmed to infect all USB devices that are subsequently attached to that PC, which would then corrupt machines that they contact.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Minneapolis and St. Paul PD and Homeland Security did a drill this weekend involving helicopters...black helicopters.

Well played, DHS.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Burger King to buy Tim Horton's for around $11 billion

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                                Minneapolis and St. Paul PD and Homeland Security did a drill this weekend involving helicopters...black helicopters.

Well played, DHS.
                                This is so awesome, and I can assure you 80% of DHS has a photo of this at their veal fattening pen cubical.

You don't want to know what the ATF folks have.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X