This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Headline News Thread

Had a hard time picking a thread to put this in, but...

Oh DET Freep, you trolling b-tards:

They subsequently posted a teasing dive photo, so my inner wreck geek can't believe it's anything less than a major Great Lakes wreck discovery. Only question is, is it one of the "big" ones that is still up for grabs?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Had a hard time picking a thread to put this in, but...

Oh DET Freep, you trolling b-tards:

They subsequently posted a teasing dive photo, so my inner wreck geek can't believe it's anything less than a major Great Lakes wreck discovery. Only question is, is it one of the "big" ones that is still up for grabs?
      At a guess, maybe one of the last ones still not found from White Hurricane of 1913. There's about four of those wrecks left out there according to Wikipedia. Announcing now right around the anniversary of the Edmund Fitzgerald would get them a lot of press.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
        Cocaine is used mostly in the pediatrics side of ENT (ear nose and throat). It works great, has a short half life, and is relatively side effect free. MDMA can "make holes in the brain" but it is largely dangerous due to large swing of neurotransmitters...but that certainly is not exclusive to MDMA.
        We had a little bottle of cocaine in the Pyxis when I worked in the ED. The ENT would occasionally see patients in the ED and would ask us to override it with a "verbal" order. Needless to say, we usually made the director or charge nurse do it...

From what I understand, some of the issues with MDMA/molly are what it's being mixed with (like most illicit substances) when it's being made into pill form.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          At a guess, maybe one of the last ones still not found from White Hurricane of 1913. There's about four of those wrecks left out there according to Wikipedia. Announcing now right around the anniversary of the Edmund Fitzgerald would get them a lot of press.
          Yup, they're saying it's the Hydrus.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-09-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Yup, they're saying it's the Hydrus.
            And then there was 3.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Russia accused of state sponsored doping?

In other news, water is wet!
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post

Is water wet? I mean you feel wet when there is water on you, but is water itself wet?
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Didn't the USADA just get nailed for faking Our Brave Lads' doping records for about a 10-year stretch?

This is about as surprising as that was. This has become Big Business, and as such everybody is cheating, and all the national oversight bodies know about it and probably assist it.

Maybe the Swiss don't. Anybody with any money riding on it does.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post

They used to send people with questionable chromosomes to the women's track and field events. Turns out they and the rest of the bloc were just ahead of the times.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      They used to send people with questionable chromosomes to the women's track and field events. Turns out they and the rest of the bloc were just ahead of the times.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFgZXL3tL1A
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is easily the best thing to ever come out of an international economic conference.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          This is easily the best thing to ever come out of an international economic conference.
                          "Stray cats often eat lizards, so of course they’d show up at the summit of the secret lizard people overlords."

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            "Stray cats often eat lizards, so of course they’d show up at the summit of the secret lizard people overlords."

Nicely done. I wonder if Flag deployed them.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              East German women swimmers looked like Butkus.

Comment

Jared Fogle gets 15 years.

Oooooooooooooohhhh... SEE YA B1TCH!

Comment

Working...
                                X