X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Headline News Thread

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    IIRC this happens a couple times a year - Cedar Point is on a large peninsula and there's only one main power trunk leading onto the peninsula, and it goes down pretty frequently.
    I didn't know this.

I need to get back to Cedar Point. Last time I was there, their most intense ride was the Magnum.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      I didn't know this.

I need to get back to Cedar Point. Last time I was there, their most intense ride was the Magnum.
      I do too. Thought about a big coaster tour this summer to catch up on all the ones I'd been missing - decided to boot that to next year due to work getting really busy this summer (my organization has an ongoing major project that's made some pretty dubious news nationally for delays and cost overruns, and it is finally opening this summer and they need all hands.)

From everything I'm hearing Steel Vengeance (the brand new replacement for Mean Streak) is a certified monster.

If it was legal in the state of Ohio, I'd marry Millennium Force.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I do too. Thought about a big coaster tour this summer to catch up on all the ones I'd been missing - decided to boot that to next year due to work getting really busy this summer (my organization has an ongoing major project that's made some pretty dubious news nationally for delays and cost overruns, and it is finally opening this summer and they need all hands.)

From everything I'm hearing Steel Vengeance (the brand new replacement for Mean Streak) is a certified monster.

If it was legal in the state of Ohio, I'd marry Millennium Force.
        Except that they can only run a single train due to some sort of sensor malfunction and has been glitchy since it opened two weeks ago, causing all sorts of PR/Guest Relations problems .

But other than that, yea, awesome ride . Just be prepared to wait half a day if you don't have Early Entry for resort guests.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Except that they can only run a single train due to some sort of sensor malfunction and has been glitchy since it opened two weeks ago, causing all sorts of PR/Guest Relations problems .

But other than that, yea, awesome ride . Just be prepared to wait half a day if you don't have Early Entry for resort guests.
          It's probably a hard veto for the entire first year. Went on Dragster the year it opened in August - already a 2 hour wait, added 3 hours because it was having problems clearing the hill.

I've heard people are getting re-rides on MF right now
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I would never wait two hours for a ride. That’s insane.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I would never wait two hours for a ride. That’s insane.
              Hence why the offer, for the low, LOW price of $80-150/person you can splurge for a "Skip the line" pass

Comment

I could get behind that.

How long is the skip-the-line line?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I could get behind that.

Every park does it different, but at Cedar Point they hold the Fast Lane people in a separate queue, and then every 10-15 minutes they open a side gate that lets them through to (nearly) the front of the line.

Believe Disney does a system where you can show up, get a stamp to come back at 4:00 PM or whatever, and then you show up and skip (most of) the line.

Comment

I could get behind that.

At Cedar Point it can vary from ride to ride... Some rides you walk right into the station with others merging with the regular line 80% of the way in... Basically on the busiest days, on the most popular rides, that don't have the best "Fast Lane" merge point, your longest wait will be 30-40 min while the regular line is 2.5+ hours.

But there are also parks like Kings Island where all their skip the line queues go right into the station and you are on the ride within 3-5 trains or 10-15 minutes.

Disney is on a whole different level. There you select your rides electronically, ahead of time. You will be given a time slot (say 2:30-3:30p) to return to the line and you walk right to the station through a different queue during that time. Their system is open to everyone through and doesn't cost extra however. The amount of rides you can reserve ahead of time depends on if you are staying on property and what kind of pass you have. But everyone gets access to some walk up passes, so their system is nice.

Comment

Amusement Parks have jumped the shark. 2+ hour lines? Pay extra money to skip the line and still have to wait for 40 minutes? **** THAT.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Amusement Parks have jumped the shark. 2+ hour lines? Pay extra money to skip the line and still have to wait for 40 minutes? **** THAT.
                        "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
                          2 years later:

"Why are Millennials killing amusement parks?"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            Disney is on a whole different level. There you select your rides electronically, ahead of time. You will be given a time slot (say 2:30-3:30p) to return to the line and you walk right to the station through a different queue during that time. Their system is open to everyone through and doesn't cost extra however. The amount of rides you can reserve ahead of time depends on if you are staying on property and what kind of pass you have. But everyone gets access to some walk up passes, so their system is nice.
                            At Disney World yes, at Disneyland you do have to pay extra and you can’t reserve Fast Passes until you’re in the park. Though it’s still worth it.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

@SlavaMalamud: This is like a Hollywood movie. Arkady Babchenko is alive. His murder was a sting operation by the Ukrainian special forces in order to uncover a plot to kill him. The perpetrator is apparently in custody. All kinds of crazy. Good crazy! https://twitter.com/tvrain/status/1001832131956559872

@SlavaMalamud: This is the craziest story I have seen in a while. Here is what happened with Arkady Babchenko, according to Ukrainian special forces.
                              They got wind of a plot to murder him, as an Eastern Ukrainian separatist was paid $30,000 by Russia to acrry(sic) out the assassination.

@SlavaMalamud: The Ukrainian Security Service then planned a sting operation, as they followed the would-be murderer and apprehended him in the attempt. The apparent "murder" was staged. Babchenko was never killed or injured. He dramatically appeared at the Security Service presser today.
                              Last edited by joecct; 05-30-2018, 09:37 AM.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I've heard people are getting re-rides on MF right now
                                I have been to Cedar Point three times in the last 2 years. MF always has a decent line (45 min to 90 minutes)
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X