This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    and yet another : Brian Williams was there when the Berlin Wall came down. he misremembered he wasn't Tom Brokaw.

his yearly salary is 10 million. so wow I would think a loss of 5 million a year would hurt!!
    Unlike you I never watched Williams so I don't feel emotionally vested in his demise.

Comment

• Re: Headline News Thread

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Unlike you I never watched Williams so I don't feel emotionally vested in his demise.
      never watched Brian Williams. just enjoy following the old biz. know a few of the players. not so much invested in his demise as amazed by the stupidity.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        never watched Brian Williams. just enjoy following the old biz. know a few of the players. not so much invested in his demise as amazed by the stupidity.
        Seems legit.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
          Not following the Bill O'Reilly story? It's part of the old biz...

Comment

To be fair, O'Reilly is commentator. It's pretty much expected that he is a lying, hypocritical sack of sh*t; and a very good one, at that. No way he goes down, he'll just hide behind the protective banner of FNC (Motto: "Darn that liberal media!").

Comment

If you ever believed what O'Reilly was saying, the jokes on you. He isn't supposed to have credibility.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                If you ever believed what O'Reilly was saying, the jokes on you. He isn't supposed to have credibility.
                But he does have credibility. Millions of people watch his show or listen to him on the radio and believe everything that he says. There isn't just a slight double-standard at work here?

Comment

Are commentators different from reporting journalists, though? That's the question. I'd expect more credibility in a journalist.

Note: I don't give two sh*s about any of these guys.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And the ****s just keep on coming...

So, if you're a commentator you can just make up any story you want? You have absolutely no responsibility to tell even a shred of truth?

Comment

Guy who peddles right wing lies turns out to be a liar. Well, if that don't beat all.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

FOX News or FOX Opinions Channel?

Comment

CNN interviewed a llama on live TV this morning.

This must be what it looked like when the Visigoths came over the seventh hill...

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            CNN interviewed a llama on live TV this morning.

This must be what it looked like when the Visigoths came over the seventh hill...
                            I really expected to see Craig Dahl, the Dahlie Llama -- himself -- but this was an actual llama. They appear to have tired of The Daily Show outdoing them in ratings.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

There was a non-story on the TV news this morning that said shrimp skins are perfect for solar power generators.

Being TV news, they didn't say how, merely that it could help make solar more affordable by no longer having to manufacture a key component by harvesting it instead.

Have not had a chance to look into it further. Maybe a zoologist or electrical engineer can "shed more light" on the story?
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                There was a non-story on the TV news this morning that said shrimp skins are perfect for solar power generators.

Being TV news, they didn't say how, merely that it could help make solar more affordable by no longer having to manufacture a key component by harvesting it instead.

Have not had a chance to look into it further. Maybe a zoologist or electrical engineer can "shed more light" on the story?
                                Primary paper
                                http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/Artic...F#!divAbstract

Through the "lens" of science daily
                                http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0218191724.htm
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X