This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Headline News Thread

If you're coming from the west, I would agree and recommend going into Woodbury and cutting back.

Whatever you do, stay away from 3M's campus. Everywhere between McKnight and 694 is going to be bad. Century is bad when 694 is good. I'm not even going to guess at how bad it might get tonight.

As always though, check google maps. Google is gospel.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm just thinking, how bad would have it been had that sinkhole happened during this morning's rush hour?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Um. 694 was closed this morning and will be closed for the entire week. Or more.
        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-04-2017, 10:24 PM.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Um. 694 will be closed for the entire week. Or more.
          I was thinking more along the lines of cars falling into said hole as it collapsed.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It would have been fine. They have earthmovers on it right now.
            Code:

Comment

It would have been fine. They have earthmovers on it right now.
              Gotcha. And if they get this done in a week, I'll be impressed. Parise help you tomorrow with this weather. It's whiteout where I am, can't imagine the ZOMG WEATHER drivers during rush hour.

Comment

@dwallacewells: NBC news in LA is reporting that the wildfires are now burning down Rupert Murdoch's house.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  @dwallacewells: NBC news in LA is reporting that the wildfires are now burning down Rupert Murdoch's house.
                  Which one? I'm sure he has multiple.

Comment

Bombing in NYC. 42nd and 8th (Port Authority area). News reporting one injured for now.

Comment

Major Amtrak derailment in Washington state
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Major Amtrak derailment in Washington state
                        Empire Builder or Coast Starliner?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Blocking I-5, it looks like. Yikes.

Comment

It was a new type of train coming from a new terminal.
                            Code:

Comment

It was a new type of train coming from a new terminal.
                              From the coverage:

The derailed train is Amtrak 501, which is on its first day of early service and left Tacoma moments before the accident.

At 7:57 a.m., Sound Transit tweeted a photo of the train and said, “New @amtrakcascades neighbor looking (thumbs up) on the first day of service from new Tacoma Dome Station.” The tweet has since been deleted.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Big news story in Politico: https://www.politico.eu/article/obam...-off-the-hook/

Obama administration overrides a DEA investigation of $1 billion (yes, billion) drug ring run by Hezbollah in order to appease Iran.

One Obama-era Treasury official, Katherine Bauer, in little-noticed written testimony presented last February to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, acknowledged that “under the Obama administration … these [Hezbollah-related] investigations were tamped down for fear of rocking the boat with Iran and jeopardizing the nuclear deal.”
                                Last edited by FreshFish; 12-19-2017, 07:37 AM.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X