X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headline News Thread

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Minneapolis and St. Paul PD and Homeland Security did a drill this weekend involving helicopters...black helicopters.

Well played, DHS.
    I'm shocked that Flaggy hasn't shown up to comment that it was a dry run for Obama's declaration of martial law in 2016.

Comment

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055#.

Ruh roh...

In lighter news, the comments section is comic gold.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055#.

Ruh roh...

In lighter news, the comments section is comic gold.
        Yep. I'm not getting anything at work done tonight. Thanks.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Why?

Do you live in western Africa?
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Why?

Do you live in western Africa?
            I work at night and I'm easily distracted. A bad combo.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Ah. I wouldn't worry too much. He wasn't symptomatic when he traveled. Very little chance he spread it unless he had one of the other people on that flight come into contact with his bodily fluids. It doesn't transmit via the air.
              Code:

Comment

Ah. I wouldn't worry too much. He wasn't symptomatic when he traveled. Very little chance he spread it unless he had one of the other people on that flight come into contact with his bodily fluids. It doesn't transmit via the air.
                But California has banned plastic bags. THAT will raise the militias!!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  But California has banned plastic bags. THAT will raise the militias!!
                  The best line I've read on this so far is: "California bans plastic bags; Real Housewives of Orange County to be canceled."
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The best line I've read on this so far is: "California bans plastic bags; Real Housewives of Orange County to be canceled."
                    They'll move to the Jersey Shore.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Nobel Prize in physics was announced today, going to the three scientists who made the 1990 breakthrough to create the first blue LED light, a search that took scientists 30 years to complete, which completed the RGB spectrum to then make white light from an LED possible.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

So my question is this, because the Nobel prizes in science are generally delayed between the time of the discovery, usually after the general population has accepted the invention into common use (for those inventions that are practical rather than theoretical), when does the inventor(s) of 3D printing get the prize?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        The Nobel Prize in physics was announced today, going to the three scientists who made the 1990 breakthrough to create the first blue LED light, a search that took scientists 30 years to complete, which completed the RGB spectrum to then make white light from an LED possible.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/07/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

So my question is this, because the Nobel prizes in science are generally delayed between the time of the discovery, usually after the general population has accepted the invention into common use (for those inventions that are practical rather than theoretical), when does the inventor(s) of 3D printing get the prize?
                        Not until I can order a goddam "tea, Earl Grey, hot" from my goddam replicator
                        Code:

Comment

Not until I can order a goddam "tea, Earl Grey, hot" from my goddam replicator
                          You'll just wind up with a tea-fly hybrid.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/09/sc...pain.html?_r=0

Let me preface this by saying I'm a dog lover.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/09/sc...pain.html?_r=0

But people. It's a ****ing dog. Not even your dog. Not even a dog you've seen before today. Yet here you are, protesting. You risk the potential spread of a truly horrific disease over a dog.

No wonder the Spanish have 25% unemployment. They have no ****ing priorities.
                            Code:

Comment

Dear Parise. I watch CNN in the morning because I only have basic cable. Whatever bubblehead they have on there just uttered this phrase regarding the battle over Kobani: "To be honest, it ain't goin' well."

Cronkite wept.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Jeebus. Watch your local channel or CBS morning show with Charlie Rose.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X