Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
    Wait. Am I confusing my Canucks? Was it Cloutier that replaced "sucks," or was he something else?
    It was both.
    He sucks so much he Matt Cookes, but does he Cooke so much he Dan Cloutier's.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Didn't everyone on this board used to use "Matt Cooke" to replace a derogatory term?
      Again...nobody here is saying Cooke shouldn't be suspended.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup - Don't Toews me, man!!!

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        It was both.
        He sucks so much he Matt Cookes, but does he Cooke so much he Dan Cloutier's.
        This.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Again...nobody here is saying Cooke shouldn't be suspended.
          Maybe not, but I didn't see any Hawks fan rationalizing Seabrook's hit by looking for other similar hits that were less penalized.

Had Seabs gotten 7, which to be fair was about what I expected, I would have accepted it coz that was a hellacious hit and a dangerous play. I think you'll find me consistent on that subject.

Cooke should have gotten more imo. Complete bush league play. Not even a hockey play as he only went for the knee and after the puck was gone.

Comment

In other news, Hawks go complete derp-mode in their own zone to close out the period and find themselves tied in a game that they've dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Maybe not, but I didn't see any Hawks fan rationalizing Seabrook's hit by looking for other similar hits that were less penalized.

Had Seabs gotten 7, which to be fair was about what I expected, I would have accepted it coz that was a hellacious hit and a dangerous play. I think you'll find me consistent on that subject.

Cooke should have gotten more imo. Complete bush league play. Not even a hockey play as he only went for the knee and after the puck was gone.
              Not even a hockey play and Seabrook went for the head. Just sayin'. Like it or not, the Seabrook thing set a precedent. THAT'S why many are mad. IMO, Seabrook and Cooke's suspensions should have been reversed.

For those that aren't friends with me on FB/follow on Tweeter Machine:

Seabrook's suspension is deserving of about 45% severity compared to Cooke's suspension. To isolate these 2 instances only....he gets 30% of the 100% Banhammer, and Cooke gets 70%. Smell the BS yet?
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Most Wild fans are saying it is too much, most Avalanche fans are saying it isn't enough, and most uninterested parties are fine with it. Must have been a good call, really.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Most Wild fans are saying it is too much, most Avalanche fans are saying it isn't enough, and most uninterested parties are fine with it. Must have been a good call, really.
                  The Avs fans think Cooke overtook Ukraine, massacred Syria, and sank that cruise ship. All before breakfast.

Comment

uhhh... no, but thanks for playing
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I don't really have much of a problem with it. I see it as 2 games for the play, 5 for the way he used to play. Even though he's been a changed player for the last 3 years, I do agree that the past should be taken into consideration.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

This. The only ones whining about it are Minnesota fans or Avs fans. Everybody else has just gone "meh".
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          uhhh... no, but thanks for playing
                          Oh, I'm sorry. Are you most of the uninterested parties I have been talking to? How could I have made such a silly mistake?

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry. Are you most of the uninterested parties I have been talking to? How could I have made such a silly mistake?
                            Because you Matt Cooke?

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              I don't really have much of a problem with it. I see it as 2 games for the play, 5 for the way he used to play. Even though he's been a changed player for the last 3 years, I do agree that the past should be taken into consideration.
                              Pretty much. The risk of taking him has always been exactly this. Many players do something stupid at some point, and when he does the consequences are going to be big.

Also, if he had been given a major and tossed for the remainder of the game, would the suspension be as long? I would usually say no, but who knows with Cooke and his history.

Comment

How I feel. I thinks it's adequate.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                This. The only ones whining about it are Minnesota fans or Avs fans. Everybody else has just gone "meh".
                                This is true too.

Comment

Working...
                                X