Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Nope
    Indeed - it means they have a bright future ahead in business/economics.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I just received my shipment of NC T-Shirts, hoodie, hat, bumper stickers, pins, puck, etc. I'm in hockey heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        I just received my shipment of NC T-Shirts, hoodie, hat, bumper stickers, pins, puck, etc. I'm in hockey heaven.
        My kid gave me a Union NC sweatshirt and hat just in time, my old U sweatshirt has decomposed and much of it is in the lint trap. Feeling summer withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

The UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES recognizes UNION COLLEGE HOCKEY. Can we get them to fund a new rink?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StUT...ature=youtu.be
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The following is an unpaid advertisement:

The 12th Annual Garnet Blades Golf Tournament is going to sell out so if you are interested in playing, get your entry in soon. The date is Friday, May 30th at Stadium Golf Course. All of the hardware will be there along with the coaching staff and most current team members and many former ones as well. There are some great auction items too. There is also a dinner only option if you don't golf or can't get there to play. Call Kelli Hays in the hockey office at 388-6288 for info or to sign up.

Comment

On a separate note:

Backed to our baseline - ECAC Division III Liberty League (Lacrosse). It never gets tiring "wiping the floor" with RPI.

SCHENECTADY, N.Y. - Junior Stefan Basile made 11 saves as Union held Rensselaer to a season-low three goals in defeating the Engineers, 8-3, in the Liberty League Tournament Semifinals at Frank Bailey Field. The Dutchmen (13-2), the ninth-ranked team in the nation, advance to the championship game

http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...path=mlacrosse
              Last edited by Dutchman; 05-03-2014, 12:05 PM.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                Great idea. Any volunteers? (I don't always have Internet access during the summer.)
                Ralph? He's good on countdowns
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Ralph? He's good on countdowns
                  Especially long ones that start real early!
                  I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Our National Championship has been a great win for the ECAC and the conference and all the teams in the ECAC conference. It means the other ECAC Coaches might have an easier time recruiting players. It also means that perhaps more lucritive media will cover the ECAC games. The best two conferences this year by interconference play were HE and BIG 10. In the end in inter-conference play we tied both of them.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...-interconf.php

2013 - 2014
                    Hockey East (.611) Record vs. ECAC 23-23-8
                    Big Ten (.600) Record vs. ECAC 3-3-1
                    ECAC (.568)

The average ECAC team in the past has always matched up well with the average (what is now) HE, WCHA, NCHC, Big10 team. However, we did not have the teams that could consistently go head to head with the best from the west or BC and consequently never went far in the NCAA playoffs.

That is what has changed.

QU and Union were deservingly ranked in the Top 5 for much of the season and the ECAC had as many as 6 of the top 20 teams. Colgate knocked the stuffing out of the #1 and #2 teams in the Minnesota tournament. SU had some early season victories ..... Cornell showed that it could compete with the best .... so did others ....

Once again it would be great to have at least one ECAC team back in that Frozen 4 next year. To make the NCAA tournament, its going to help to have an aggressive out of conference schedule (pairwise) with some wins.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

it was very important as many had chalked up Yales win as a flukd, of cohrse forgetting they beat anothsre ECAC team. This win solidifies the leagues stature.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Our National Championship has been a great win for the ECAC and the conference and all the teams in the ECAC conference. It means the other ECAC Coaches might have an easier time recruiting players. It also means that perhaps more lucritive media will cover the ECAC games. The best two conferences this year by interconference play were HE and BIG 10. In the end in inter-conference play we tied both of them.
                        I wouldn't hold my breath on more media coverage. First, keep in mind that the ECAC brass has a terrible track record in this regard. Second, last season there was no national TV of any ECAC games even after Yale's FF win. I suppose this could change, but ECAC just doesn't attract enough eyeballs.

Comment

The USHL Phase II draft is today. So far, only one Union recruit has been selected (Ryan Walker by Sioux City in Round 6)

Comment

Brett Supinski went in Round 9 to the Sioux Falls Stampede, while J.C. Brassard was drafted in Round 10 by the Youngstown Phantoms

Comment

• Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              I wouldn't hold my breath on more media coverage. First, keep in mind that the ECAC brass has a terrible track record in this regard. Second, last season there was no national TV of any ECAC games even after Yale's FF win. I suppose this could change, but ECAC just doesn't attract enough eyeballs.
                              I remember two years ago Union played Princeton on NBC Sports and I believe there was another nationally televised game at Messa that same year. I'm hoping a NC will net us at least one national TV game this year.
                              Union College Hockey
                              2014 NCAA National Champions
                              2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

'16-17 recruit Wade Novak went to Bloomington in the 15th round (240 overall).

Comment

Working...
                                X