Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    This year the ECAC was evenly split between winners and losers. The top 6 teams all had winning records both in conference and out of conference. The botton six teams had losing records both in conference and out of conference. Who are going to be the top 6 teams next year?

Conference Overall
    GP W-L-T PTS GF-GA GP W-L-T GF-GA
    1 Union 22 18-3-1 37 83-42 42 32-6-4 160-90
    2 Colgate 22 13-6-3 29 72-59 39 20-14-5 108-104
    3 Quinnipiac 22 12-6-4 28 78-43 40 24-10-6 141-81
    4 Cornell 22 11-7-4 26 51-50 32 17-10-5 77-74
    5 Clarkson 22 11-9-2 24 57-64 42 21-17-4 101-102
    6 Yale 22 10-8-4 24 71-56 33 17-11-5 106-82

7 Rensselaer 22 8-9-5 21 57-57 37 15-16-6 104-100
    8 St. Lawren 22 7-11-4 18 70-78 38 15-19-4 122-131
    9 Brown 22 8-13-1 17 48-62 31 11-17-3 75-87
    10 Dartmouth 22 7-13-2 16 51-72 34 10-20-4 84-115
    11 Harvard 22 6-12-4 16 44-52 31 10-17-4 69-83
    12 Princeton 22 4-18-0 8 44-91 32 6-26-0 60-126
    Hate to be that guy, but RPI and SLU were exactly .500 OOC.
    Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 04-18-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNION Hockey National Champion's Off Season-U Believe it?

Full video of the parade coverage has been posted on the TWC News Albany website: http://albany.twcnews.com/content/ne...ull-coverage-/

Comment

After having such a great time at the parade, do you think Union will ever have a pre-season banquet (of some sort) for the season ticket holders to meet the team?
        Union College Hockey
        2014 NCAA National Champions
        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
          After having such a great time at the parade, do you think Union will ever have a pre-season banquet (of some sort) for the season ticket holders to meet the team?
          For several years there was an event at the Nott, but scheduling made it impossible the past two seasons. I will see if we can revive it, I thought it was a great event. Shameless plug, why not join the Blades, we need you.

Comment

Shayne Gostisbehere had a nice debut even though Adirondack lost 3-2 in OT. Ghost didn't get a point, but got off a couple shots and had an even rating. He didn't look out of place at all... saw a lot of ice time, even in overtime. Most or all of Union's team seemed to be there. There was a loud "U" during the anthem, and Union's team got a loud and lengthy cheer from the crowd of 5586 during the third period.

A couple videos -

Gostisbehere postgame: http://t.co/5FoGP6xsfn

Adirondack coach Terry Murray postgame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKbA...utu.be&t=1m23s (impressed by Ghost)
            Last edited by rdf8585; 04-18-2014, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Just saw over on the schedule thread that we play a game at BU next season as announced at their banquet. If what we have heard so far is correct this leaves one more unknown non-conference game.

Announced NC games so far:

Home:

New Hampshire
              Maine (x2)
              St. Cloud (x2)

Away:

Notre Dame (x2)
              Boston University

Neutral:

Bridgeport Tournament (x2 - UConn, Quinnipiac, or Sacred Heart)
              RPI – Mayor’s Cup
              Last edited by Dutchfan; 04-19-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Great Coverage at the end. I will never criticize John Buccigross again ..... will bring tears ....

All that's good about hockey
                Union's NCAA title game win created buzz, reinforced reasons to love the game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10...-hockey-finest

In hockey, we sacrifice together and we celebrate together. We seek out the passer immediately after a goal. It's the only sport where the team is truly more important than the individual .... Because they know nobody does it alone. Only a fool thinks anything is done alone.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

2014-15 recruit Kevin Shier was named OJHL playoff MVP. He had 8 goals and 24 assists in 19 games.
                  Union College Hockey
                  2014 NCAA National Champions
                  2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Hate to be that guy, but RPI and SLU were exactly .500 OOC.
                    Well...Colgate returns all but one skater, top nine scorers back, only lost one skater, Finn will be only a soph. Gate should be even better.
                    Last edited by sshablak; 04-21-2014, 10:07 AM.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Well...Colgate returns all but one skater, top nine scorers back, only lost one skater, Finn will be only a soph. Gate should be even better.
                      Wasn't my point. He claimed the top 6 and bottom 6 was the dividing line for both conference and OOC winning records and losing records. That simply wasn't true.

Colgate should be a force next season. Anybody denying that is jaded. Will they be the preseason favorite? Hard to say for sure, but they should certainly contend for a bye, at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Wasn't my point... That simply wasn't true.
                        That hasn't stopped him before.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Real good article about the Hockey East Refs that did the UNION - MINNESOTA Game.
                          http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...2/-1/FOSSPORTS

"The only opportunity we had to work the national championship this year was if Union beat BC. As long as your conference is not in the championship you’re eligible to work it. You could fly out there and not have a game to do depending on how the chips fall. It happened to the ECAC crew this year.”

"Hersey and Miller, a graduate of Winnacunnet High School, (NH) were the referees for Union’s first national title in any sport. Bob Bernard and Tommy George were the linesmen.
                          “You couldn’t ask for a better team to go to Philly with,” Hersey said. “We knocked it out of the ball park.”

Another nice article on Ikkala and Novak
                          Local connections Novak, Ikkala still basking in Union College's Frozen Four glory
                          http://www.pottsmerc.com/sports/2014...glory#comments

"That makes Ikkala’s final memories — cutting up the nets, skating off with a trophy, touring the streets of Schenectady basking in the admiration of the tiny but vibrant college community — all the more special."

“Definitely for me, I know I felt that,” he said. “I knew I was never going to play again, so it really made those last few games together all the more special, and to go out on top was incredible.”

Nice NCAA Video
                          Frozen Four: Union's historic ride
                          http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...mpionship-wrap
                          Last edited by Dutchman; 04-21-2014, 09:59 PM.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            That hasn't stopped him before.
                            I think jericho is upset because I wrote the following in reference to a posting of his on another thread:

"I find it remarkable that one of the most lothsome and repugnant posters on this site, who spent the year trashing our coach and All-American players, from a school and a program that is now, and forever will be the "bottom of the barrel", is lecturing the Minnesota faithful on the topic of class. The Minnesota fans don't need to be lectured by a low life insect from RPI. Back under your rock, jericho. You embarrassed yourself playing against them (Minnesota) this year and now your are making a fool out of yourself talking about them. A single fan from Minnesota has more class that your entrie campus/slum"

What really must be painful for jericho is that despite sending all that vulgar hate mail, vicious and ugly e-mails, and making those degrading and insulting phone calls to Union's students, alumni, team members, fans and especially the administration; attacking our coach, our team, our players, our students and our school; despite all this, Rick Bennett has been selected by three organizations as Coach of the Year. The hockey world saw our coach as what he truely was, an outstanding coach and an outstanding person and saw in the characteristics of this team, its tenacity and humility, its "team comes first" attitude, his reflection.

"USCHO.com recently handed it out its postseason awards. Dutchmen coach Rick Bennett was named USCHO Coach of the Year. That gives Bennett three coach of the year honors. He was named AHCA Spencer Penrose Award winner as national coach of the year. He also took the College Hockey News Coach of the Year."

Next year is a new beginning and you can rest assure that next years team will remember your attempts, jericho, to get our coach fired and our All American Captain expelled. Don't expect the Union fans to forget that either.
                            Last edited by Dutchman; 04-22-2014, 08:01 AM.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              I think jericho is upset because I wrote the following in reference to a posting of his on another thread:

"I find it remarkable that one of the most lothsome and repugnant posters on this site, who spent the year trashing our coach and All-American players, from a school and a program that is now, and forever will be the "bottom of the barrel", is lecturing the Minnesota faithful on the topic of class. The Minnesota fans don't need to be lectured by a low life insect from RPI. Back under your rock, jericho. You embarrassed yourself playing against them (Minnesota) this year and now your are making a fool out of yourself talking about them. A single fan from Minnesota has more class that your entrie campus/slum"

What really must be painful for jericho is that despite sending all that vulgar hate mail, vicious and ugly e-mails, and making those degrading and insulting phone calls to Union's students, alumni, team members, fans and especially the administration; attacking our coach, our team, our players, our students and our school; despite all this, Rick Bennett has been selected by three organizations as Coach of the Year. The hockey world saw our coach as what he truely was, an outstanding coach and an outstanding person and saw in the characteristics of this team, its tenacity and humility, its "team comes first" attitude, his reflection.

"USCHO.com recently handed it out its postseason awards. Dutchmen coach Rick Bennett was named USCHO Coach of the Year. That gives Bennett three coach of the year honors. He was named AHCA Spencer Penrose Award winner as national coach of the year. He also took the College Hockey News Coach of the Year."

Next year is a new beginning and you can rest assure that next years team will remember your attempts, jericho, to get our coach fired and our All American Captain expelled. Don't expect the Union fans to forget that either.

See, now you're just making yourself look like even more of a fool, because 1. It wasn't me who did that; 2. I could care less what awards Rick Bennett did or did not receive, it's still a fact that he flew off the bench with fists a flying, connecting with a student athlete in the head, whether it was intentional or not. Spin it all you want, there's video evidence that he did, your Savior himself admitted that he did, and then said Savior did not even bother explaining why he did so.

To your other point, how did I embarrass myself when playing Minnesota? Last time I checked, I am neither a player, former player, or a coach of the team, nor was I on the air that weekend, so nope, no embarrassment here. But go ahead, keep trashing me to pump yourself up, nothing's going to change the fact that you're an idiot.

10,000 sperm cells and you got there first. What a waste.
                              Last edited by jericho; 04-22-2014, 09:58 AM.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                                For several years there was an event at the Nott, but scheduling made it impossible the past two seasons. I will see if we can revive it, I thought it was a great event. Shameless plug, why not join the Blades, we need you.
                                How do you join? Is there a link? I would like to become more involved. Thx.

Comment

Working...
                                X