Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2014 Offseason: Resurrection's Over....Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2014 Offseason: Resurrection's Over....Now What?

Perhaps you don't realize how difficult it is to get admitted to Northeastern these days. For a non-athlete 1350-1450 will probably get you in IF you've taken the right courses and have some AP classed sprinkled in. Moving up to #42 in the USNWR beauty contest has brought with it a flood of applications from better students around the US and in foreign countries. I'm sure we cut recruited athletes some slack, but that's pretty common, even in the Ivy league and certainly along Commonwealth Ave.

It is quite possible that Mr. Shea simply felt more comfortable with the overall situation at NU. That happens more often than you may realize.

BC and bu can't recruit everyone, although bu seems to be trying.

Comment

typical BC arrogance. I know that it might come as a shock to them but sime do t want to play there or pick other programs. Very good pick up by NU. Same with Filipe, could have easily been a top two line guy at BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        typical BC arrogance. I know that it might come as a shock to them but sime do t want to play there or pick other programs. Very good pick up by NU. Same with Filipe, could have easily been a top two line guy at BC.
        Now this is something we can agree on - unlike Collier's eligibility!

Comment

BC High this year, Youngstown next year and NU for 2016.
          The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
            BC High this year, Youngstown next year and NU for 2016.
            Makes perfect sense. There are relatively few players who are able to jump from public H.S. directly into D1. Most players can benefit from a year in the USHL a.k.a. Hockey Finishing School.

Comment

2 new recruits in two days. '98 who was taken in the 8th round of this year's QMJHL draft.

From OTB: Huskies momentum really picking up, adds speed and offense up front. Koopman was our #83-ranked uncommitted prospect (updated this afternoon), will be a key new face in the prep circuit this fall w/ Berkshire. That's two nice in-state gets for NU after adding D Ryan Shea (BC High) earlier this weekend. Koopman played for Marblehead HS last year.
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

One note off the Shea commitment: That 2016 class is shaping up to be stacked. Looking at the file I have of our recruits, Armstrong, Filipe, Jozafek, Davies, Melaragni, and Shea are all slated to arrive then. And then Primeau in 2017. I know we need to get the to campus, holy cow the future really looks bright.
                Last edited by NU_Husky; 09-15-2014, 08:55 PM.
                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

not like i was reporting anything first hand so don't direct the arrogance comments etc at me. flat out said i couldnt tell you if either was true nor could i sayhe had equal deals on the table and chose nu.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                    Now this is something we can agree on - unlike Collier's eligibility!
                    I hope and assume I am wrong on BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      One note off the Shea commitment: That 2016 class is shaping up to be stacked. Looking at the file I have of our recruits, Armstrong, Filipe, Jozafek, Davies, Melaragni, and Shea are all slated to arrive then. And then Primeau in 2017. I know we need to get the to campus, holy cow the future really looks bright.
                      Adam Gaudette told me he is a '16 commit as well. Thayer academy recruit who will play in Cedar Rapids this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Adam Gaudette told me he is a '16 commit as well. Thayer academy recruit who will play in Cedar Rapids this fall.
                        Just adds more fuel to the '16 class. Holy cow. I had him listed as a 2015 arrival under pure assumption, but obviously not the case.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Premier yet only known offers from one premier program? I've seen two different accounts in regard to BC: 1) Didn't have grades 2) Wasn't offered the deal he wanted. Couldn't tell you if either is accurate, but if he is in fact "premier", nice get for you guys.

Here's some comment on Shea's recruitment that will shed some light on the subject. It doesn't say that BC was among the suitors, but bu is there as are PC and Miami.

http://espn.go.com/b...th-northeastern
                          Last edited by HHound; 09-17-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            Here's some comment on Shea's recruitment that will shed some light on the subject. It doesn't say that BC was among the suitors, but bu is there as are PC and Miami.

http://espn.go.com/b...th-northeastern
                            http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ea-hockey-east

So was Merrimack, UConn, Maine, most Hockey East schools. He is such a huge get for NU, I can't state it enough.
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                              http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ea-hockey-east

So was Merrimack, UConn, Maine, most Hockey East schools. He is such a huge get for NU, I can't state it enough.
                              I haven't heard anyone so excited about one of our defensive recruits since we got Jim Fahey out of CM. If you are only half right, we'll do okay!

Comment

The list of recruits looks great but how do we fair with other HE schools?
                                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X