Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA Frozen Four Championship: Minnesota vs Union

Uffda...

Well, have to congratulate Union. They have a hell of a team. ECAC with back to back titles for the first time since...1972? Impressive how that conference has shown its power over the last couple seasons.

Minnesota will be back again next season, and I think if any Gopher fan would have been told that they would be playing for the National Championship back in October, only the most optimistic would have believed it.

Once again, congrats to both teams to making it this far, and Congratulations to Union on winning their first ever title. Nobody will ever be able to take that away from you.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I'm thinking 1 shot on goal for every 40 students?

Two "gut" schools back to back... (Not too mention Harvard's and Cornell's in the past).
      Last edited by snively; 04-12-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Great game. Congratulations to both teams for getting to the final, and to the Union players and fans. You earned it; you were the best team in college hockey this season.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Congratulations, Union - I am 40% happy for you!
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Uffda...

Well, have to congratulate Union. They have a hell of a team. ECAC with back to back titles for the first time since...1972? Impressive how that conference has shown its power over the last couple seasons.

Minnesota will be back again next season, and I think if any Gopher fan would have been told that they would be playing for the National Championship back in October, only the most optimistic would have believed it.

Once again, congrats to both teams to making it this far, and Congratulations to Union on winning their first ever title. Nobody will ever be able to take that away from you.
            Nice post (and loved the "uffda"). Two great teams. Even as a Hockey East fan, I'm happy that the days of calling it the "EasyAC" look pretty dumb now...

Comment

Originally posted by snively View Post
              I'm thinking 1 shot on goal for every 40 students?

Two "gut" schools back to back... (Not too mention Harvard's and Cornell's in the past).
              Something like 2000 students at Union? Minne probably has classes that big.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Congrat!!! Union! really good game.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                  Congrat!!! Union! really good game.
                  Congrats to Union & keeping the #1 team back in the East!!

Comment

Congratulations Dutchmen. Well deserved title.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                      Sweet Gophers #1 started the game day thread! When ever he does it the Gophers have a winning record.
                      Never mind that stat.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                      X