Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Coaches stay out of it!)

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch!

Not this time! Go Dutchmen!

I always want to see a team win their first title and continue the trend of teams doing just that after almost a 20 year drought! Should be a great game.
    Go watch the Wild.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      The guys riding the pine and sitting in the stands don't count.
      oh, i see

fool

Comment

Re: National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Coaches stay out of it!)

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Go watch the Wild.
        I will but they play on Sunday

It would seem to me that the Gophers have the advantage in this game simply because of Adam Wilcox. I don't think Union's goalie is near as good as he is.

Union has a USCHO Number 1 ranking under their belt right now! So there's that.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The guys riding the pine and sitting in the stands don't count.
          oh, i see

fool

Comment

Re: National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            oh, i see

fool
            Wiener alert.

Comment

Having seen all four teams on the ice my feeling is Union will win. They are a veteran team, are stacked right through the lineup and have a game plan that never varies and is very successful. IMHO Union is playing on a different level than the other 3 teams. Minny looked good last night, but Saturday the depth & overall talent of the Dutchmen will be evident.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                Having seen all four teams on the ice my feeling is Union will win. They are a veteran team, are stacked right through the lineup and have a game plan that never varies and is very successful. IMHO Union is playing on a different level than the other 3 teams. Minny looked good last night, but Saturday the depth & overall talent of the Dutchmen will be evident.
                Minnesota didn't look good last night on the other hand Union did look great.

Comment

Minny looked what? Got news for you that was one of the subpar performances of the year for Minnesota. Outside of Wilcox, Rau, and Holl there wasn't much there. Minnesota has way more to show then they showed last night. As for depth and talent I have no doubt Union is very good and very talented. That being said Minnesota has as much depth as anyone else. It will be one teams will vs. another and if we're all lucky we'll get another classic title game.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If the Gophers play as well as they have played at times this season (versus BC is one example and most recently against SCSU in the regionals), Minnesota has a very good shot at winning this game.

Minnesota has as much, if not more, talent as Union does. The experience factor is where Union has a heavy advantage. Minnesota starts 6-7 freshmen a night, but have 14 NHL draft picks on their roster. They also have 9 players with at least 9 goals, so depth isn't going to be a big advantage for Union either.

Outside of Wilcox, Minnesota DID NOT look good last night. And if last night's performance is what people want to judge this Minnesota team by, that's fine, but they are capable of playing at a MUCH higher level. Credit UND's defensive-minded game plan and youthful nerves for the Gopher's tight play last night. Thank God for Wilcox.

I'd say Union is the favorite, but because of their experience on top of the talent, not because they are the deeper or more talented team. I'd say that they are pretty even in those categories.
                    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM.
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I will but they play on Sunday

It would seem to me that the Gophers have the advantage in this game simply because of Adam Wilcox. I don't think Union's goalie is near as good as he is.

Union has a USCHO Number 1 ranking under their belt right now! So there's that.
                      If I am not mistaken Gophers are the #1 seed in the tournament.
                      NCAA think they are the #1 team.

Comment

I don't see how either team can be called a favorite. It's the National Championship and they're both incredible teams. It's going to be a battle.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          None of these teams have "homegrown talent." They had nothing to do with their players' development until they actually joined the team.
                          I have plenty of "homegrown" talent that will be on display again on Saturday night. When I say homegrown I mean store bought, and when I say store bought, I mean black market.
                          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

I just hope Union doesn't beat us 26-0, they must have a lot of homegrown talent.
                            Just be glad you aren't their mortal enemies, St, Clooud.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              oh, i see

fool
                              Help me out, I'm trying to figure out which word you misspelled in your handle. Was it supposed to be HOKEYdad?

That would seem to make sense because according to the dictionary, "hokey" means very silly, old fashioned or sentimental...and you sir are one of the silliest.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                According to UND, Minnesota doesn't have any homegrown talent. Nice try, though.
                                Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                So none is too much?
                                Oh so now we're demanding factual consistency from the internet? It was in response to Happy's "the other teams have too many Canadians" bit. Trope for trope!
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X