Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

So cool to see a team wins it's first title. Congrats Dutchmen.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
      I was a neutral in this game until a certain Minny fan turned me.
      Sorry she dissed you. Maybe next time she will kiss you.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        My bad. Was seeing phantom arrogance...

Comment

Well, congratulations to Union. That is a wonderful team you've got there. The game was a joy to watch, even though it didn't end the way I hoped it would. I am happy for the Union fans. It's a wonderful feeling to watch your team win it all, and I hope you take the time to savor the moment because you don't know when it will come again. Cheers!

As for the Gophers, I am very proud of this team. Considering the players they lost after last season, the number of freshmen they were relying on to play big roles, and the expectations coming in, this team far exceeded my expectations for this year. Lots of good things to build on, and with most of the team back, should be exciting times ahead.

Sad the season has to come to an end, but grateful I got to watch my team play until the end.

Until next season
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
            Are you serious?! LOL, better to lose in the Championship than not to make it to the Championship DUMMASH!!!!!!!!! lol
            Duh. BU was terrible this year. We all know that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              After today I don't think we will be seeing any arrogance.

Your team will be scary good next year and you guys will once again be tArrogance.

Another pretty darn good Gopher season while the Badgers pee down their legs.

You'll get one soon I'm sure, but for another year, I (we) get a reprieve.

Comment

Congrats Union. Truly deserved!
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Congrats Rick Bennett and Union! And congrats to Don Lucia and the Gophers too. Great seasons for both and an exciting final!
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I was a neutral in this game until a certain Minny fan turned me.

Oh give me a break, PLEASE don't give me that much credit, lol, or are you that much of a dumarsh?! lol Dude, be a man, don't let a fan of another team determine how you feel about anything. I would love to take the credit for determinating how you feel about the greatest college hockey team in history, but I would love even more if you rose above such bs and used intelligence and reason to come to determinations.

Comment

These guys beat two seriously good teams to win this. One of the best champs we've had in a while, no offense to others.

Comment

And college hockey withdrawal symptoms should start to kick in right... about.... now

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          Well, congratulations to Union. That is a wonderful team you've got there. The game was a joy to watch, even though it didn't end the way I hoped it would. I am happy for the Union fans. It's a wonderful feeling to watch your team win it all, and I hope you take the time to savor the moment because you don't know when it will come again. Cheers!

As for the Gophers, I am very proud of this team. Considering the players they lost after last season, the number of freshmen they were relying on to play big roles, and the expectations coming in, this team far exceeded my expectations for this year. Lots of good things to build on, and with most of the team back, should be exciting times ahead.

Sad the season has to come to an end, but grateful I got to watch my team play until the end.

Until next season

Dude, you get it. Union deserved this. UMn honestly should be happy just to have been in this game. After what we lost from last year's team, how many Gopher fans thought we'd be here?! lol

Comment

People will say that Wilcox had a bad game, but Union could have had 10 if he hadn't saved the Gophers butts with a number of big saves.

Gopher D was porous at times, especially after the first shot.

Comment

Minnesota, home to the inventor of losing the championship game

Congrats Union!

Doosh
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                People will say that Wilcox had a bad game, but Union could have had 10 if he hadn't saved the Gophers butts with a number of big saves.

Gopher D was porous at times, especially after the first shot.
                                Yeah, Wilcox did what he could for the most part. Goal 6 was the only one I'd expect him to stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X