Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: National Championship: Union vs. Minnesota (Choaches stay out of it!)

Congrats to Union! Was a fun game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      These guys beat two seriously good teams to win this. One of the best champs we've had in a while, no offense to others.
      Congrats to Union, but Yale's run last year was more difficult, 3 seed winning it all vs. a 15 seed taking out 3 regional one seeds and a two might be considered in your equation. They were a much better all around team than 2013 Yale, but they learned how to win this thing by beating the best in their own league. The ECAC is a league to be reckoned with now.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

I can't help but wonder what might have been if the Gophers would have kept Union's goal #3 or #4 out of the net. We could have had an epic multi OT game possibly.

Mmmm...... this will sting for a while. At least the weather is finally not so depressing anymore
        National Champions: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          Doosh
          I am pretty anti-Gopher but no one dissed Ferris when they lost the title game. Just because the gophers are a big program doesn't make it okay.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

What a great game to watch -- it wasn't really over until the end. Congratulations to both teams, but particularly to Union for winning its first Div. 1 Men's Hockey national title.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Welcome Union, to the Elite Club of Elite College Hockey programs. Multiple FFs, 2 in the last 3 years, and a Natl Title and a well earned Natl Title! Beat perennial Power BC and a team that ranked #1 for most of the season Minnesota on your way to your Title. Don't let anyone, EVER, say you aren't worthy. Union was the one team I didn't want to see in the Final, but honestly I was just happy to be in the Final with you guys. I might get stripped of my right to claim "tArrogance" come next season for saying that, but after losing all of the underclassmen we lost last year, I am not ashamed of admitting as much.

And don't get me wrong, not trying to take anything away from your program, you guys are FOR REAL. I'd say you have arrived, and I don't see you disappearing either, my guess is you guys will be around for a long time. What's your coaches name?! I need to remember his name for future discussions of best coaches in the game.

Now I hope we don't lose too many to the NHL, and if we don't, we might get some revenge next year!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Congrats to Union, but Yale's run last year was more difficult, 3 seed winning it all vs. a 15 seed taking out 3 regional one seeds and a two might be considered in your equation. They were a much better all around team than 2013 Yale, but they learned how to win this thing by beating the best in their own league. The ECAC is a league to be reckoned with now.
                You had a year to celebrate. Fall back and let this year's champions enjoy it without trying to take a piece of this.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  I am pretty anti-Gopher but no one dissed Ferris when they lost the title game. Just because the gophers are a big program doesn't make it okay.
                  Yeah, it's all just so stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    I agree. Minnesota is the epitome of a great, consistent, top line hockey program and should be congratulated for their consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Yeah, Yale's tourney last year was remarkable--that's why I included that last phrase. Just meant to say this club might be the best college hockey team we've seen in a few years. I don't know what their defense is usually like, but they can score with the best.

Comment

Well deserved win , Union. Bravo. Awesome season for Gophers that exceeded my expectations. I look forward to next year.
                        You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Union kicked Minnesota's butt up and down the ice. Congrats.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Congrats to Union, you guys have a great team and deserved to win tonight.

Enjoy
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

This was a great tournament from the time they released the bracket.

Congrats Union, and also to BC, Minnesota, and North Dakota, who all played like they belonged this weekend.
                              University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                              Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Thank you union first keeping BC from getting number 6 and tonight Goofers no number 6, the hockey gods got it right tonight.
                                UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Working...
                                X