Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
    Spoken like a good, Bible-thumping Protestant.
    I love that great mural on our new Academic Commons: Touchdown John Evans.

Growing up in Chicago (then the largest arch diocese in the world) you got ND football right up to here. In those days, the Illinois license plate #1 went to the Cardinal. The Catholic HS in my home town has only turned out one ND Heisman Trophy winner. Bleh.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 08-27-2014, 10:46 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

RPI hired another Denver Alum, Andy Thomas, http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...823145737.aspx.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to Captain Thomas.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here's a book all Pio fans might be interested in, particularly the ones that were following the team in the late 60s (saw this on Coach Miller's twitter account). Even has a forward written by Cliff Koroll.

http://www.amazon.com/Keith-Magnuson.../dp/1600788319
        Last edited by Cross-Czech; 08-28-2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I don't recall if I or anyone posted here that Seth Appert will be running a marathon on 9/26 to benefit Defending the Blue Line. It will be in the honor of Richard Curadi who passed away in July. He was the father of one of RPI's hockey players. See http://www.defendingtheblueline.org/...ichard-curadi/ for further info.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
            Congrats to Captain Thomas.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here's a book all Pio fans might be interested in, particularly the ones that were following the team in the late 60s (saw this on Coach Miller's twitter account). Even has a forward written by Cliff Koroll.

+1

BTW recruit Troy Terry was selected for the All American prospects game.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

There are 2 players listed as having American hometowns on that McGill team that's we'll see here the first weekend in October....one from Maine and the other from Georigia of all places. The Canadian season begins way before the USA season; like in 2 weeks. DOn't know if that means anything to anybody, but I always find it interesting
              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                There are 2 players listed as having American hometowns on that McGill team that's we'll see here the first weekend in October....one from Maine and the other from Georigia of all places. The Canadian season begins way before the USA season; like in 2 weeks. DOn't know if that means anything to anybody, but I always find it interesting
                The guy from GA played in the OHL so maybe he is getting tuition from that. Not so for the one from ME.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Tanner Jaillet
                  Freshman Goalie

(My apologies )

Days Until DU's
                  Next Game
                  Last edited by vizoroo; 09-01-2014, 07:14 PM.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

PioVision Schedule does not include any hockey games--McGill, RPI, BC, CC, AFA, and Wisconsin. Hopefilly this will be corrected SOON!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      PioVision Schedule does not include any hockey games--McGill, RPI, BC, CC, AFA, and Wisconsin. Hopefilly this will be corrected SOON!
                      Could be something to do with having the games streamed through the NCHC website, like during playoffs. Fenton mentioned that he was working on something like that for the regular season.

Comment

Days Until
                        DU's
                        Next Game

GO DU !!!

Comment

The All American section for DU hockey has been updated! Correct numbers and everything.
                          Thumbs up for the new hockey SID.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Bought this book for my Kindle and am currently reading it. A MUST READ FOR ALL PIO FANS!!!!!!! Lots of stuff about DU and Maggie with Murray, Cliff, Wiste, Gould, Harry Ottenbreit, etc. Maggie was the ultimate Denver Pioneer and the toughest and greatest player ever to play at DU. He was a leader who hated to lose and stood up for all his teammates. Almost halfway through it and the stories are great both about DU and the Black Hawks. Old Pio if you don't read this we are taking away your Crown Royal

Single game tickets go on sale this Friday 9/5 at 9AM.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports...090214aac.html
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Brett Skinner has signed with KLH Chomutov (Czech)
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Days Until
                                DU's
                                Next Game

Evan Cowley
                                Sophomore Goalie
                                Last edited by vizoroo; 09-04-2014, 08:15 PM.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X