Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVIII: On To Better Days!

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
    What's so friggin great about Wisconsin????
    Ah.. if only the internet were larger I could provide a full answer. 'Will Butcher' will have to suffice, though.

Last time Bucky was in the midst of an early season meltdown, (2012) the Pio's provided relief with a tie and a win for UW at Magness that got them rolling to a 20-6 finish. A bit crass of us I suppose to never really say thank you, let alone ask you to do it again, but here we are.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

With Arizona State starting its D-1 program next year I can see DU [as well as AFA and CC] playing the Sun Devils in non-conference games in the future.
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
        With Arizona State starting its D-1 program next year I can see DU [as well as AFA and CC] playing the Sun Devils in non-conference games in the future.
        I see ASU joining the NCHC after their 1 year as a full D-1 independent
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Considering how quiet it was last week for a DU-cc game, thought we must have missed something...and we did.

>Beau Bennett began his season skating on the Pens 4th line. And this week he had a goal and 2 assists against the Habs

>Joe Paisley.featured the DU-cc rivalry starring DU's Luke Fulghum and some guy from cc.
          http://gazette.com/miners-coaches-lu...rticle/1541330

>And then on Sunday night former cc tiggie/Winnipeg's Mark Stuart must have been trying to get even for the kitten's drubbing by rubbing Jason Zucker's face into the ice
          http://network.yardbarker.com/author...sport_name=nhl

>The BC Connection (British Columbia) caught Mike Chambers' attention.
          http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_26934510/b-c-duo-giving-du-big-boost

Joey LaLeggia's 100th point is a major accomplishment, but IMHO Trevor Moore was the #1 Star on Friday
          GO DU !!!

Comment

From the Wisconsin thread
            as of 11/20/14.

MI Tech is #1 in the country and UW is winless.
            Hell has indeed frozen over.

Wisconsin Hockey: Polar Vortex Timewarp
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              I see ASU joining the NCHC after their 1 year as a full D-1 independent
              Didn't we used to play a school from Arizona back in the 80s? Was it them?
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

This is pretty f*n sweet:
                Barry Trotz Speaks to the Boys

r

Comment

From Mike Chambers on Twitter

Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers 4h4 hours ago
                  @DU_Hockey senior F Ty Loney is having minor knee surgery Friday and obviously out for games vs Air Force & Wisconsin this weekend. Also ..

Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers 4h4 hours ago
                  DU senior F Zac Larraza is questionable with upper body. Pios host Air Force on Friday and Wisconsin on Saturday

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                    From Mike Chambers on Twitter
                    Fingers crossed.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                      Nope it was Northern Arizona, and sometimes they masqueraded as USIU too.
                      After NAU announced it was folding the team, I recall walking in to the coffee shop at Writer's Manor, and there was Ralph, recruiting two NAU players.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

It is GAME DAY!!!!!!

Beat the Zoomies!!!!

Interesting tweet by Killer Miller about ASU.

Steve Miller @SPmillerPC · 13h 13 hours ago
                        Something tells me that recruiting California just got way harder. #SunDevils

Comment

From today's Denver Post...

Notes: The Pioneers host winless Wisconsin on Saturday in the first nonleague meeting of the former Western Collegiate Hockey Association rivals. ... DU went 1-0-1 against Air Force last season, but the Pioneers were outshot 34-18 in the tie at the academy. ... Air Force has played into overtime in five of its past six games, going 2-1-2 in sudden death. ... DU will be without senior wing Ty Loney, who is scheduled for minor knee surgery Friday and is expected to miss a month. Senior wing Zac Larraza is questionable Friday and probable Saturday with an upper-body injury. ... The Falcons are 2-2-2 since losing four in a row.
                          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

2012-13 UW came to town 2-7-2 --left with a tie and a win, finished the season 22-13-8 and the Broadmoor Trophy.
                            UW has a big alumni group in Denver and they show up at Magness. At least they wear red, not that bilious Sioux green

Remember the good old days
                            •Former teammates Eaves and Gwozdecky as opposing coaches
                            •Badgers besting the top seeded Pios at the Kohl in the Regionals
                            •Wiercioch decommitting from UW when Eaves wanted him to playin the USHL--coming to Denver to replace David Carle
                            •Two or three year run Pios played like the Kohl was home ice--that was fun
                            •Watching the UW band galvanize and energize the Badger faithful
                            •And of course the infamous Randy Schnidt blowing the goal call that gave the Pioneers the game.--when even the DU faithful could see and state that it was wrong

Have to admit I miss the "old" WCHA and hope we can continue an OOC rivalry.
                            But I must say,

Go Pios, Beat the Badgers!!!

GO DU !!!
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              •Badgers besting the top seeded Pios at the Kohl in the Regionals
                              Denver was the #2 seed that year. A significantly better team was the #1 seed.

Good luck to Denver this weekend...could be huge in the PWR by the end of the season.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Denver was the #2 seed that year. A significantly better team was the #1 seed.

Good luck to Denver this weekend...could be huge in the PWR by the end of the season.
                                At least I remembered Pios were seeded above the badgers and you know we know we try to bllock out the greenies.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X