Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Combining D3 men's and women's championship dilemma

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    The Norwich men stayed the night and left the next day all three years that they lost in the Semifinals.
    I'm glad to hear that. I guess what I heard was unsubstantiated rumors, and I'm glad to hear that and apologize for buying into such statements.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Re: Combining D3 men's and women's championship dilemma

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
      Idk I can see some positives to having FF in areas where there arne't DIII programs, there are alot of division III schools that have hockey programs out west (true west) but they don't have hockey programs because they're too far from the competition so they play ACHA, if we were to expand our reach I could see a new western division forming and the current western division becoming mid-west
      That is something that I would love to see. Any expansion of DIII hockey would be a good thing.

There aren't a lot of DIII schools between the big river (Miss) and the Rockies. Many, Many years ago I taught at Nebraska Wesleyan in Lincoln, NE which, because of their isolation in the DIII world was allowed to be a NCAA/NAIA dual member (and now is the only school with that status). Because of their isolation and the problem finding DIII football games so they joined an NAIA league and are allowed to be in the NAIA football post-season, while being in the NCAA as a Pool B candidate in every other sport. NWU used to play football every year with CC, which became CC's shortest football road trip against a DIII school. Before I left NWU in 1980 to go to Norwich, there was discussion about adding hockey as a varsity sport at NWU, because Lincoln was kind of a hockey-starved area. When UNO added DI hockey later on that kinds of ended that talk.

CC dropped football because of the travel expenses. They were in a football conference which consisted of CC and a bunch of schools in the Southeast.

Farther West - in Washington, Oregon, and California there are a number of DIII schools that could play DIII hockey.
      Last edited by NUProf; 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
      X