Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Commitments

Originally posted by fanofhockey1 View Post
    I never said I had all the answers to how recruits should be graded. I simply pointed out that the way you did it, by grading teams based off of how many ppg players they have, was a very poor attempt. It seems, after reading comments that followed mine, many other posters agreed with my analysis of your grades. You're statement of "we would all like to see your evaluation" is kind of funny too. No other posters really cares about mine except you (because your method was attacked). I'll give it a go to satisfy your request though...might get a little long.

Amherst - 5 Recruits - Hodgson is a junior player in a good league who put up points. Looks like a solid recruit. White is a prep school player who put up lots of points. Another solid recruit. McLaughlin is a former prep player, who struggled offensively on the best team in the USPHL. Solid recruit. Granara and Malinowski are two defensemen of good prep school teams. I give Amherst a B+.

Bowdoin - 10 Recruits - Benson, Blanchett, Van Siclen, Geary all look like solid prep school players. All good programs but none really set the world on fire. Melanson looks like a high end prep school player. Nawrocki was a below average prep school player and an average player in the 2nd USPHL league. Antunez and McMullan look like high end players from the EHL. The level of the EHL is supposably below the level of the USPHL. But they both look like they did very well. Lison was the best player on his NAHL team. A solid league and another solid recruit. Cronin was a solid goalie in the USPHL until Mid-January, and was one of the best HS hockey goalies in the state of Mass. last year. So some high end players, some projects, and a solid goalie. B+

Colby - 7 Recruits - A very young class. Klitirinos looks like a high end player from one of the best prep schools this past year. Dupont and Rudolf look like solid players from a strong U18 team. Decker and Fadden look like average to solid players from prep school (considering NE Wolves a prep here). Reis looks like a shut down defesnmen and is an older player. Verrier looks like an average junior goalie. Not a lot of high end talent in this class. C

Conn College - 11 Recruits - Riccardi, Mullins, Swift, Kompson, Buly all look like very solid prep school players. Menniti and Evans look like average junior players. Gaetz and Jellison had good years in junior hockey, Gaeatz in the EHL and Jellison in the 2nd league of the USPHL. Solid players. Glantz was a low point producer on a top USPHL team and a very good prep school player the year before. Looks like another sold player. Cooney looks like a good goalie on the worst team in the EHL. Tough to have good numbers but looks like he did fairly well. Probably a solid addition. Not a lot of high end talent in this class either, but there looks like there could be some good potential and definestly some solid depth. B+

Hamilton - 7 Recruits - Conway is a high end prep school player from one of the better prep schools. Looks like he will be a good one. Bruneteau is an older player from the NAHL and looks like he will be a solid player as well. It looks like Willett has the potential to also be a high end player. D'Amour looks like a solid junior player from a good league and a former prep school player. Barmish and Daigler look like OK prep school players. Nowacki looks like a very solid prep school goalies. A couple potential high end players, and some OK depth. B-

Middlebury - 9 Recruits - Lots of older kids in this class. Dupont looks like a very high end player. Former prep school player with solid year in the BCHL two years ago, and one of the leading scorers in the CCHL this past year. Stephens and McLellan come from one of the top BCHL teams in the league (2nd best league in NA after USHL?). McLellan was the captain and Stephens the 4th leading scorer. Gistonti and Quast look like two average players from the USPHL, but Gisonti was a high end prep school player the year before. Emilio looks like an offensive d-man from the OJHL. Belluche looks like a solid defensemen from one of the better prep school teams. Weier looks like he could develop into a top player...made Selects in Minnesota for two years with a lot of kids that are committed D1. Klein was a solid goalie on a middle of the road AJHL team. Same league Amherst Larose came from years ago and similar numbers. Lots of high end potential in this class. A-

Trinity - 6 Recruits - Whitney, Sabitsky, Buvinow all look like very good players. Whitney and Sabitsky are former prep school players who had very good careers. Sabitsky with a solid year in the BCHL and Whitney and Buvinow solid years in the USPHL. Menter and Hegarty both look like very solid prep school players. Hegarty a bit more offensive. Morin was a very good goalie at Northwood and had a solid year in the USPHL. Smaller class but all look like they are very good players. They don't have to replace much so Trinity should be the team to watch out for. A-

Tufts - 9 Recruits - Brown and McGing look like higher end playes. McGing is a good player in the NAHL and Brown one of the top scorers in the EHL. Ganns was another solid player in the EHL. Goldberg and MacQueen look like solid players as well. Both had good years in the USPHL. McConnel, Kelley, and Davis all look like solid prep school players. The first two from a very good program at Bell Hill and Davis from a strong BC High team. Majkowski looks like a solid prep school player as well. I think this class has some potential. B

Wesleyan - 8 Recruits - Not sure if there is any real high end players in this class, but it looks like a very solid class top to bottom. Jancze and Rubin were OK players in the USPHL. Tydingo looks like an offensive dman who had a very good year in the EHL. McCusker was a high end player at St. Pauls and Kim a very good dman at Andover. Both schools had great years. Holze was an average player on the best prep school team, and Frazier a huge dman in the EHL. Smith an average player at Tabor. Lots of depth here. B

Williams - 5 Recruits - Cretella and Doherty were both high end prep players and had very good years in the USPHL. Looks like they are very good players. Welch is a solid player on a very good prep team at Bell Hill. Shugart looks like he could be a very good player. Huge and produced pretty well in the OJHL. Morrissey is a very good goalie on the 2nd best prep school team this year. Similar to Trinity, smaller class with lots of high end players. A-

Amherst - A-
    Bowdoin - B+
    Colby - C
    Conn. College - B+
    Hamilton - B-
    Middlebury - A-
    Trinity - A-
    Tufts - B
    Wesleyan - B
    Williams - A-

So my grades might not be that different than yours, but I tried to dig into where the kids are coming from and where they played before. I know none of this means anything, but since you asked for mine...here ya go! Tear the analysis apart now please...I won' take it as personally as you did nasa...

All I can say is wow when I looked at your list of Middlebury recruits. I was under the impression that Middlebury only recruited from the prep leagues but doesn't appear to be the case. Having the best D3 rink in the country and the ability to provide need based financial aid to pay the majority of the tab, I was wondering when they were going to stop fooling around and go into Canada to shop for players. It should make for a interesting Primelink this year because most recruits I have seen from the BCHL and Ontario are ready to go as Freshmen. As previously discussed it is hard to rate the east junior players because the best go to D1 with 40+- teams trying to recruit the rest. This is a very big change is recruiting criteria for Middlebury. Very impressive.
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
      Having the best D3 rink in the country...
      Not so fast..... http://athletics.oswego.edu/sports/2...523.aspx?id=99
      Last edited by LakerEagleLover; 04-20-2014, 08:41 PM.
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        Nice p/u lou, and some pretty good fans as well,both students,locals and alum..

Comment

Looks like some leagues have changed names this past year or two.
          Is it still Tier 1 USHL
          Tier 11 NAHL

And then EJ and AJ seems to have changed. What are they now? and are they under the USAH umbrella?
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
            Looks like some leagues have changed names this past year or two.
            Is it still Tier 1 USHL
            Tier 11 NAHL

And then EJ and AJ seems to have changed. What are they now? and are they under the USAH umbrella?
            Thanks
            USHL is still the only sanctioned Tier I junior league in the USA.
            NAHL is still the only Tier II junior league in the USA

Tier III (pay to play) had a shakeup
            The EJHL became the US Premier Hockey League (USPHL). Under the USPHL we have
            Premier - best EJ teams
            Elite - the rest of the EJ and some Atlantic teams
            Empire - the Empire Hockey league
            The USPHL also sponsors an 18U and 16U division and will add a 16U prospects division for 14-15.
            The Atlantic Junior Hockey league became the Eastern Hockey League. They picked up the Philly Revolution from the EJHL.
            The Metropolitan Junior Hockey League still exists.

There are some leagues flying under the AAU banner
            Western States Hockey League
            Midwest Junior Hockey League
            Northern States Junior Hockey League (New England primarily)
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
              Laker lover
              I have never been to Oswego but the rink is top notch. Of the rinks I have been to Plattsburgh, Norwich, Bowdoin, and Middlebury all have outstanding facilities. St. A's is good but appears unfinished. I let others who have been to both Oswego and Middlebury say which one is best. Now if Oswego participated in the Primelink I might go west.
              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                Laker lover
                I have never been to Oswego but the rink is top notch. Of the rinks I have been to Plattsburgh, Norwich, Bowdoin, and Middlebury all have outstanding facilities. St. A's is good but appears unfinished. I let others who have been to both Oswego and Middlebury say which one is best. Now if Oswego participated in the Primelink I might go west.
                you would figure with Prez around Oz would get the nod sooner or later,perhaps a surprise guest host.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  you would figure with Prez around Oz would get the nod sooner or later,perhaps a surprise guest host.
                  I think Castleton would get a chance first...
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

http://na3hl.com/news/story.cfm?id=11455
                    St. Johns

http://na3hl.com/news/story.cfm?id=11483
                    St. Olaf

http://www.pointstreak.com/news_story.html?id=147671
                    Oswego

http://na3hl.com/news/story.cfm?id=11424
                    WI- Superior

nahl.com
                    Zach Doerring Concordia College

Evan Schmidbauer Salve Regina

http://www.bostonjuniorrangers.com/N...ers.com#315349
                    Suffolk

http://www.littleflyers.org/news_art...rrer_id=642692
                    St. Mary's

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      I think Castleton would get a chance first...
                      castle who??

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        USHL is still the only sanctioned Tier I junior league in the USA.
                        NAHL is still the only Tier II junior league in the USA

Tier III (pay to play) had a shakeup
                        The EJHL became the US Premier Hockey League (USPHL). Under the USPHL we have
                        Premier - best EJ teams
                        Elite - the rest of the EJ and some Atlantic teams
                        Empire - the Empire Hockey league
                        The USPHL also sponsors an 18U and 16U division and will add a 16U prospects division for 14-15.
                        The Atlantic Junior Hockey league became the Eastern Hockey League. They picked up the Philly Revolution from the EJHL.
                        The Metropolitan Junior Hockey League still exists.

There are some leagues flying under the AAU banner
                        Western States Hockey League
                        Midwest Junior Hockey League
                        Northern States Junior Hockey League (New England primarily)
                        Thanks for the info. Interesting stuff.

Comment

SUNYAC HOCKEY COMMITS 2014-2015

AS OF MAY 5TH 2014.

Geneseo Knights:

F- Sotiri Athanasopoulos (Bay State- USPHL) 44GP 13G 14A 27PTS 28PIM
                          D- Pat Condon (Bay State- USPHL) 37GP 4G 17A 21PTS 56PIM

Oswego State Lakers:

F- Dave Ferreira (New Jersey- USPHL) 44GP 9G 23A 32PTS 28PIM
                          F- Mitch Herlihey (Nepean- CCHL) 54GP 17G 28A 45PTS 28PIM
                          F- Trent Durocher (Pembroke/Hawkesbury- CCHL) 52GP 15G 10A 25PTS 24PIM
                          D- Alex D'Oliveira (Cobourg- OJHL) 53GP 8G 40A 48PTS 34PIM

Plattsburgh Cardinals:

G- Ryan Hubbard (Boston Bandits- EHL) 12W 14L .901SV%
                          F- Brandon O'Quinn (Kingston- OJHL) 42GP 24G 21A 45PTS 40PIM
                          D- Grant Gallo (Cyclones- EHL) 44GP 15G 27A 42PTS 122PIM
                          D- Bryan Dallaire (Cyclones- EHL) 40GP 12G 24A 36PTS 89PIM

Buffalo State Bengals:
                          F- Ryan Hunter (Trenton/Mississauga- OJHL) 46GP 14G 20A 34PTS
                          D- Zach Stein (Conn. Wolfpack- EHL) 38gp 3g 12a 15pts 51pim
                          D- Garrett Chardon (Boston Rangers- EHL) 23gp 5g 4a 9pts

Fredonia Blue Devils:

D-Jamie Young- (Walpole- EHL) 28GP 4G 10A 14pts 22PIM
                          F- Matt Cessna- (Wilkes-Barre- EHL) 39GP 15G 23A 38PTS 29PIM
                          D- Oskar Gerhardsson (Wilkes Barre- EHL) 40GP 5G 14A 19PTS 18PIM

Brockport Golden Eagles:
                          F- Dylan Savory (Trenton-OJHL/Niagara-GOJHL) GP24 5G 12A 18PTS/ GP24 14G 8A 22PTS
                          F- David Horan (Conn Wolfpack-EHL) GP39 12G 15A 27PTS 18PIM
                          D- Brian Hurlimann (Trenton- OJHL) 38GP 3G 8A 11PTS 51PIM
                          F- Matt Meredith (New Jersey Titans- EHL) 23GP 1G 2A 3PTS 2PIM
                          F- Ryan Kangas (Conn Wolfpack-EHL) 35PG 9G 7A 16PTS 6PIM
                          D- Dillan Walker (St. Catharines GOJHL) 47GP 8G 47A 55PTS 20PIM
                          F- Dylan Shapiro (Rochester- USPHL-Elite 'B') 22GP 12G 11A 23PTS 24PIM

Cortland Red Dragons:
                          D- Cory Lauer (Toronto Lakeshore-OJHL) 43GP 2G 9A 11PTS 62PIM
                          F- Andrew McCann (Wellington/Trenton- OJHL) 47GP 14G 20A 37PTS
                          F- Tom Nolan (Conn. Oilers- EHL) 42GP 22G 20A 42PTS 54PIM
                          D- Drazen Zack (Conn. Oilers- EHL) 42GP 6G 27A 33PTS 31PIM
                          D- Brendan Pascarella (Conn. Wolfpack- EHL) 40GP 3G 2A 5PTS 103PIM
                          G- Kollyn Jones (P.A.L Islanders/New Jersey- USPHL) [B37GP 14W 7L .925SV%[/B]
                          F- Dan Broderick (P.A.L Islanders/CT Yankees- USPHL) 44GP 18G 18A 36PTS 73PIM
                          G- Drew Weigman (Cyclones-EHL/Brookings-NAHL) 19GP 8W 4L 2T .911SV%

Morrisville Mustangs:
                          Nic Russo (Bay State- USPHL-Elite 'B') 9GP 2G 5A 7PTS 8PIM

Potsdam Bears:
                          F- Joesph Gilhooly (NY Bobcats-EHL/Des Moines-USHL) 36GP 6G 13A 19PTS 90PIM
                          F- Dylan Vander Esch (Conn Wolf- EHL) 41GP 12G 26A 38PTS 26PIM
                          D- Sean Kacerosky (NY Bobcats- EHL) 42GP 12G 15A 27PTS 28PIM

ALL INFORMATION WAS TAKEN FROM http://WWW.COLLEGECOMMITMENTS.COM/CO...X?A1BDI=NCAAD3, USPHL.COM/COLLEGE=COMMITMENTS, EASTERNHOCKEYLEAGUE.POINTSTREAK.COM, OJHL.POINTSTREAK.COM

Comment

Geneseo also has forward RJ Burns from the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bee's of the NAHL. He played the 2012-13 season for Army and had 1G 6A in 20 games. In 2014 he split time between Des Moines of the USHL (2G 2A in 15 games) and RGV (2G 5A in 18 games).

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                              Geneseo also has forward RJ Burns from the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bee's of the NAHL. He played the 2012-13 season for Army and had 1G 6A in 20 games. In 2014 he split time between Des Moines of the USHL (2G 2A in 15 games) and RGV (2G 5A in 18 games).
                              Genny has done very well with the transfers as of late, dont expect anything different from this one, he will probably be a great addition to a already top team.They will lose Vit and Sucese that is about it,a force to be recon with next yr, cant say i will miss Vit, he seemed to step up vs Oswego.
                              Last edited by bakdraft21; 05-05-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

ADD Defensemen: Kyle Thacker (North York Rangers) : SUNY POTSDAM

http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...21/news_149494

Comment

Working...
                                X