X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Yeah, it should be called Vikings Day.

edit: also, I don't know anyone that gets Columbus Day off...I'm not completely convinced it is even a real holiday
    I never get Columbus Day as a holiday. Granted I never get holidays off anyway. As a full-time employee at UPS, if it's a scheduled work day for you, you work it. It's real fun to work on Christmas!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
      CT high school bans 18-year old senior's boyfriend from prom because he's....gasp....of drinking age!
      Jesus who cares?

Comment

• Re: Nice Plant #7: Get me off of this planet

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Jesus who cares?
        I bet the 18 yo chick does, and apparently so does SteveP. Can't say I'll be making up any protest signs soon though...

Comment

Call me old-fashioned, but she should not be dating a college student while she's still in high school. I don't care whether she's 18 or not.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Call me old-fashioned, but she should not be dating a college student while she's still in high school. I don't care whether she's 18 or not.
            I'm going to reverse that. HE should not be dating a high school student. I could see maybe if she's a senior and he's a freshman, and they were dating when they were both in HS, but...

Comment

Dartmouth strikes again. http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/26/it...e-cant-use-it/

In a related note on college visits: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...2ad_story.html
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                The whole concept of campus visits is entirely foreign to me. Maybe because I'm from Alaska, not from privileged background, and was not a 4.0 student.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It's not that unusual, I suppose, for lawsuits to be filed in the wake of fatal traffic accidents. However, here's a million dollar suit, claiming pain and suffering, filed by the woman who ran over and killed a 17-year old on his bicycle.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04...cmp=latestnews
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    The whole concept of campus visits is entirely foreign to me. Maybe because I'm from Alaska, not from privileged background, and was not a 4.0 student.
                    Anyone who can make 20 visits to colleges across the country is likely lazy, probably spoiled, and definitely incapable of making firm decisions about their future. I predict that chick is in for a rude awakening her freshman year.

Most of us were told to whittle it down to 5 or so, and while I was not, I know many of my friends and peers were also restricted to in-state.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Anyone who can make 20 visits to colleges across the country is likely lazy, probably spoiled, and definitely incapable of making firm decisions about their future. I predict that chick is in for a rude awakening her freshman year.

Most of us were told to whittle it down to 5 or so, and while I was not, I know many of my friends and peers were also restricted to in-state.
                      I got lucky in that UND wasn't very far away and two other schools I was looking at were semi close to where I have family (St. Louis University and Purdue). I wanted to visit one of Embry-Riddle's campuses, but was told by my parents I needed to be accepted and it has to be a serious consideration to visit.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I never even made a visit. I applied to MIT and Minnesota. Came that close to getting into MIT but never even considered a visit.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Yeah I saw that in the article. I don't know if she'll be in for a rude awakening or not though, Mom sounds like a serious helicopter parent.

I dunno, I find the whole campus visit thing pointless, unless it's a very small school that has very little info out there about it. It just seems like a rich kid, waste of money idea.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            I got lucky in that UND wasn't very far away and two other schools I was looking at were semi close to where I have family (St. Louis University and Purdue). I wanted to visit one of Embry-Riddle's campuses, but was told by my parents I needed to be accepted and it has to be a serious consideration to visit.
                            My friend who now lives in Cleveland and flies for United visited UND, WMU, BGSU, and Embry's Prescott campus. He ended up at Bowling Green, which worked out fine for him. Plus, I don't have to hear him insert an ancedote about Embry into every other sentence like a Harvard graduate.

Comment

Me: Lehigh and Clarkson. Fell in love with Potsdam and the college and never regretted a minute.
                              Son #3: Clarkson, Syracuse, Geneseo, Virginia Tech, St. Mary's (MD) & Liberty
                              Son #2 (athlete): Hamilton, Clarkson (self visit), Salem State + a few others that I forget
                              Son #1: RIT and decided on trade school
                              Daughter: Case Western, BU, a few others and Wake Forest
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It was either Tech or Sparty for me. Sparty said yes, then Tech said yes and Tech's campus seemed more livable and suited to a guy like me.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X