This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Plant #7: Get me off of this planet

Apparently someone listened when Ted Nugent said "Machine Guns for the children!".

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      At the "Arizona Last Stop Restaurant and Gun Range." It was for Mr. Vacca.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        The War on Poverty was going petty well until we defunded it. The Gini coefficient went down from the 30's through the ramp up to Vietnam and the American middle class was created. It's soared since, with the American middle class in being destroyed.

The deep, dark secret of the social programs of the New Deal and the Great Society is that they worked.
        Yes and no.

They worked (and still work) at providing a basic level of security blanket for those in need, or for those at the bottom of the economy.

But they face(d) two problems. First, no government established program/benefit ever remains static. It can and will expand. It's simply the nature of all government programs, whether sponsored or promoted by the left or right.

Second, changing demographics in the form of population bubbles place stressors on the programs that didn't exist in the 50's, 60's or 70's.

The second problem could probably be handled, but not coupled with the first. Since no one wants (read: has the political will) to address the issues, we have the silliness that is.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yes, because just what every 9 year old girl needs is a tutorial with an uzi.

Thanks mom and dad for years of therapy!

Morons.

Comment

Maybe if there was a good guy with an Uzi there, this would've been prevented.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Yep, parents need to be drawing the line somewhere. 9 year-olds should be instructed with pellet guns, not Uzis.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Yep, parents need to be drawing the line somewhere. 9 year-olds should be instructed with pellet guns, not Uzis.
                I'm more appalled that the gun range allowed this to happen. Some parents are invariably stupid. The guy instructing her and the range is supposed to know better.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm more appalled that the gun range allowed this to happen. Some parents are invariably stupid. The guy instructing her and the range is supposed to know better.
                  Agreed on all counts.

Comment

Pictured: Her father

Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 08-27-2014, 10:32 AM.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

This guy doesn't even get nominated for the Darwin Award because someone else killed him.
                      We also don't know if he already had kids, which would preclude him from a Darwin Award anyway.

I don't know why people are upset that she was nine and using an Uzi. It seems like a natural progression.
                      http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/201...the_gun_a.html

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        I don't know why people are upset that she was nine and using an Uzi. It seems like a natural progression.
                        http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/201...the_gun_a.html
                        The boy and his family apparently didn’t realize that a shell had been left in the gun.
                        *facepalm*

Rule #0: Is the gun pointed in a safe direction?
                        Rule #1: Is the gun loaded?
                        Rule #2: Is the safety on?

A 5 year-old is incapable of understanding Rule #0, or that something as seemingly small as a .22 caliber bullet can be fatal. Thus, why 5 year-olds should never handle guns.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-27-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Agreed on all counts.
                          You may agree with me but the owner of the range doesn't.
                          Sam Scarmardo, the operator of the range, told a local television station, KTNV, that the girl was old enough to shoot the high-powered weapon, adding that the user must be at least 8 years old. “We instruct kids as young as 5 in .22 rifles,” he said.
                          http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/28/us...88400000&_r=3&
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

What's sad is that this is gonna scar her for the rest of her life. If I had to guess, the family wanted to teach her at a young age how to responsibly handle a firearm and to be comfortable with one. If anything this will probably have the opposite effect as far as the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              What's sad is that this is gonna scar her for the rest of her life. If I had to guess, the family wanted to teach her at a young age how to responsibly handle a firearm and to be comfortable with one. If anything this will probably have the opposite effect as far as the latter.
                              The parents clearly didn't care about that. She'll need therapy for a long time to come. I bet the parents don't care about that either.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

BS

You don't start with an Uzi and you certainly don't teach a kid gun safety with a weapon he or she is extremely unlikely to ever have/use.

This was for kicks and a video op.

Comment

Working...
                                X