This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Plant #7: Get me off of this planet

That's a Blaze article I can actually endorse. The anti-hunting crowd gets so hysterical sometimes, while ignoring the fact that many of the vegetables they consume come from corporate farms that do far more damage to the environment than your average hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      That's a Blaze article I can actually endorse. The anti-hunting crowd gets so hysterical sometimes, while ignoring the fact that many of the vegetables they consume come from corporate farms that do far more damage to the environment than your average hunter.
      One thing that REALLY concerns me with these movements is the whole public shaming aspect. It is WAY too easy to get one rolling and the list of items that will set such a movement off grows each day. All it takes is one Freudian slip or off-comment taken out of context and you have a digital lynch mob storming your gates.

Eventually one of these movements is going to turn the wrong person's life upside down, and they won't respond so well.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        One thing that REALLY concerns me with these movements is the whole public shaming aspect. It is WAY too easy to get one rolling and the list of items that will set such a movement off grows each day. All it takes is one Freudian slip or off-comment taken out of context and you have a digital lynch mob storming your gates.

Eventually one of these movements is going to turn the wrong person's life upside down, and they won't respond so well.
        Don't ya love social media?

Actually, has there been any precedent in someone successfully suing and collecting damages from harassment resulting from an indecent like this? I mean, say you legally take an animal, and post a shot of it... Then P*TA or whomever get ahold of it and spark the fire... Can you say you're scared of getting "Slender Manned" by some psycho internet kid and collect on it?
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Don't ya love social media?

Actually, has there been any precedent in someone successfully suing and collecting damages from harassment resulting from an indecent like this? I mean, say you legally take an animal, and post a shot of it... Then P*TA or whomever get ahold of it and spark the fire... Can you say you're scared of getting "Slender Manned" by some psycho internet kid and collect on it?
          I think you would have a hard time convincing a judge unless there was a serious credible threat.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            I think you would have a hard time convincing a judge unless there was a serious credible threat.
            Yeah, it would be like a reverse class action - one victim would be suing a million people for a buck each.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Sheila Jackson Lee (el Numero Uno imperious nitwit on Capitol Hill) disagrees with her own website. She thinks things are just peachy on our southern border. Full disclosure: I voted for her early in her career for a seat on the Houston City Council.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/11/sh...vD=1248,272200
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Sure thing, MacGyver.
                Keep poking fun, but that's now legal in Seattle. And then why fine the person for animal cruelty? Replacing their glass is fine enough.

Comment

Clayton Moore's "Lone Ranger" regalia auctioned for $195K.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,5285551.story

Notes: in the early 80's Jack Wrather decided he wanted to make a Lone Ranger feature film and sued Clayton Moore to stop the old man from making public appearances wearing the mask. This generated an avalanche of favorable publicity for Moore (and was a PR disaster for Wrather), who began making appearances at his increased bookings in wrap around sun glasses. Meanwhile, The Legend of the Lone Ranger turned out to be one of the worst, least successful films of all time. The "star" was a guy named Klinton Spilsbury. His first (and only) screen credit. He was such a weak duck, another actor dubbed his lines. You have to wonder whose boy friend he was. Moore prevailed in a counter suit against Wrather and soon began wearing the mask in public again. HE was the Lone Ranger.

Moore carried the Lone Ranger regalia in a small, custom made, hammered silver decorated trunk. While passing through Houston at about the time of the mask kerfuffle, a Continental baggage handler stole the thing. Because of the national publicity, this was the definition of "hot" merchandise. It didn't take 'em long to bring that evil doer to justice.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 07-12-2014, 08:31 PM.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Bibi sucks and the sooner he is out as PM of Israel the better.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio
                      You got a preference? Somebody who would turn the other cheek when those greasy sob's start a war? How dare Israel defend itself from unwarranted attacks? Where's Kurt Waldheim when you really need him?
                      Israel has every right to defend itself. But Netanyahu is a war hawk who goes beyond self-defense regularly. Not necessarily in this case, though let's not forget this started over the deaths of four teenagers (3 Israelis and 1 Palestinian)

Comment

I would rather have a leader who isnt looking for blood at all times. Bibi makes Israel look bad with every decision he makes.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Can someone seriously explain to me why we should continue sending billions of dollars per year to Israel? Are they that incapable of defending themselves? Is it the old philosophy of "as long as they hate/kill the Jews and each other, the Islamists can't focus entirely on us"?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Can someone seriously explain to me why we should continue sending billions of dollars per year to Israel? Are they that incapable of defending themselves? Is it the old philosophy of "as long as they hate/kill the Jews and each other, the Islamists can't focus entirely on us"?
                            Political wheel greasing. The US donates to a lot of questionable countries.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...es_foreign_aid
                            http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...n_aid_received
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Can someone seriously explain to me why we should continue sending billions of dollars per year to Israel?
                              The federal dollars that go to Israel are public. The oil and military contract profits the Israel beachhead protects are private.

The wealth transfer isn't from the US to Israel; it's from middle class people in the US to rich people in the US.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by handyman
                                no god will stop me from eating bacon though!!
                                heretic!
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X