X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Plant #7: Get me off of this planet

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    What did the kid do to deserve to be shot in the first place? I am still waiting for you or anyone to tell me. I will hang up and listen but I wont hold my breathe...

Christ if running away from a cop is worthy of a death sentence I would have died at the age of 12...and lets not even get into UNDs hockey team

I dont think the cop did anything with malice fwiw. I do think he made a mistake and a very fatal one and if he wasnt provoked quite a bit more than the facts show so far yes I do think he will go to jail. This has federal court written all over it.
    Assaulting and then trying to disarm a cop will get your a*s shot just about every time (especially if the officer didn't have a taser). You're still begging the question about "running away." The family autopsy results seem to indicate he was facing the officer at the time he was shot. I've posted before about this idea of overkill. That six shots is too many. We learned in the Amadou Diallo case in NYC that cops are trained to fire until the threat to them is over. The image presented today is Officer Wilson carefully firing one shot after the other, like he was on a grouse hunt. My guess is, if he truly felt threatened, he pulled that trigger as fast as he could. That would account for what's now speculated as the last shot hitting Brown on the top of the head, as he was going down..
    Last edited by Old Pio; 08-18-2014, 10:19 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

"Christ if running away from a cop..."

Handy, he wasn't shot while running away according to the first autopsy, and still waiting for evidence any the cop should face charges.
      Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-18-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

What did the kid do to deserve to be shot in the first place? I am still waiting for you or anyone to tell me. I will hang up and listen but I wont hold my breathe...

I dont think the cop did anything with malice fwiw. I do think he made a mistake and a very fatal one and if he wasnt provoked quite a bit more than the facts show so far yes I do think he will go to jail. This has federal court written all over it.

Based on what? What do you know that the rest of us don't?

Cops don't just shoot people in broad daylight when witnesses are present. Not even in Klan country.

Why don't you wait till the investigation is complete before you decide that the cop made a "mistake."

Comment

Not that MSNBC hadn't already, but they've officially jumped the shark with this **** show.

What an embarrassment. Being the left-equivalent of Faux is nothing to be proud of.

Comment

Go on?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Christ if running away from a cop is worthy of a death sentence I would have died at the age of 12...and lets not even get into UNDs hockey team
              Lmfao, that is awesome.

I doubt anything will happen to the cop, seems like another case of same **** different day, kinda like the George Zimmerman verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Lmfao, that is awesome.

I doubt anything will happen to the cop, seems like another case of same **** different day, kinda like the George Zimmerman verdict.
                Does air even pass through your nose?

Not that I have exonerated the cop, but we still don't know all the facts. IF that radio caller's report is true...many have some apologizing to do. If it isn't true, well, everyone already convicted the cop already anyway.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think it's hilarious that people are now throwing rocks at MSNBC reporters.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I think it's hilarious that people are now throwing rocks at MSNBC reporters.
                    But, but, peaceful protests!
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

They can't even recognize their spokespeople. LOL.

Comment

Gurt, what did MSNBC do that made you say hey jumped the shark?
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          It's cable news. Does it even matter with any of those clowns?

Better question is why anyone takes any of them seriously in the first place.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            Assaulting and then trying to disarm a cop will get your a*s shot just about every time (especially if the officer didn't have a taser). You're still begging the question about "running away." The family autopsy results seem to indicate he was facing the officer at the time he was shot. I've posted before about this idea of overkill. That six shots is too many. We learned in the Amadou Diallo case in NYC that cops are trained to fire until the threat to them is over. The image presented today is Officer Wilson carefully firing one shot after the other, like he was on a grouse hunt. My guess is, if he truly felt threatened, he pulled that trigger as fast as he could. That would account for what's now speculated as the last shot hitting Brown on the top of the head, as he was going down..
                            All still speculation.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Slanted coverage. One sided.

The eyes of the world are focussed on this right now (for the 8th straight day) and we're to believe that the cops are still acting this way for no reason whatsoever?

I lean left and many would call me a liberal although I see that label as simplistic.

I've been watching this network since the early 90s. I remember when Scarborough Country came on the air - that's how far back I go. I remember when Matthews went after incompetent Dems with as much gusto as he did Republicans.

There was a time when this network was actually reporting and not trying to shape opinions and ideologies.

The past several years have seen them go further and further to the left as a counterbalance to Faux. While this appeals to the Libra in me who likes balance in all things (MSNBC being ying to Faux's yang), it disgusts the bigger part of me though that wants the truth and the whole story instead of cherry picked facts that support one side of a story. There shouldn't be "sides" of stories.

As far as I can see, they've been reporting on this based on a narrative.

Comment

Saw a "peaceful" protester carrying a Yield sign down the street.

Comment

Working...
                                X