This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Plant #7: Get me off of this planet

How late into the night can protesters protest?

Honest question.

Comment

As in how late does the law allow?

Or how long can they physically hold up?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        How late into the night can protesters protest?

Honest question.
        If they are protesting, as late as they want. Per the rules, I think midnight.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Saw a "peaceful" protester carrying a Yield sign down the street.
          Not watching, but this makes me laugh. Wish I had seen it.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Protester holding a Do Not Enter sign. That's a federal offense, IIRC. Messing with a roadsign.
          Depends but from what Ze Google tells me it's mostly just a misdemeanor. More severe charges could be pursued if say a stop sign is stolen that leads to a car accident and death.

In reality, unless charges are filed, the extent of expenses will be the cost of having a couple union laborers drive out and put up a new sign.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The law. At some point, do you become a noise nuisance? On a week night?

Comment

I think you're still subject to citation and arrest for late night disturbing the peace. Most towns have rules about this. Whether it's sundown or 9 pm or whatever.

The midnight restriction I think you're thinking of was the curfew. But that was lifted earlier today.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The law. At some point, do you become a noise nuisance? On a week night?
                Disturbing the peace.

And now molotov cocktails. It's probably because the police presence. F*ing pigs.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  If they are protesting, as late as they want. Per the rules, I think midnight.
                  Was the curfew reinstated?
                  When I was watching earlier I saw that there wasn't a curfew in place tonight.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I think you're still subject to citation and arrest for late night disturbing the peace. Most towns have rules about this. Whether it's sundown or 9 pm or whatever.

The midnight restriction I think you're thinking of was the curfew. But that was lifted earlier today.
                    I was thinking of the curfew, didn't know it was rescinded. Most places I've lived, the noise law has been 10pm.

Comment

Paraphrasing Rachel (who I actually like) - Don't want to say this glibly, but this is like reporting from a war zone.

Comment

As an example, here is my hometosn's laws on noise:

http://www.ci.oakdale.mn.us/vertical...09BD67F%7D.PDF

(a) General Prohibition. No person shall make or cause to be made any distinctly and loudly audible noise that unreasonably annoys, disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace, safety or welfare of any persons or precludes their enjoyment of property or affects their property value. This general prohibition is not limited by the specific restrictions of the following subdivisions.
                        (b) Noisy Assembly. A noisy assembly under this section means any gathering of more than one (1) person in a residentially zoned area or within, at or upon, the grounds of a private residence which unreasonably annoys, disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace, safety or welfare of any persons or precludes their enjoyment of property or affects their property value. Any such gathering between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. in such a manner as to be plainly audible at the property line of a structure or building in which it is located or in the hallway or apartment adjacent shall be prima facie evidence that the noise is excessive. No person shall knowingly remain at a noisy assembly. No person shall permit
                        property under his/her control to be used for noisy assembly.
                        (c) Amplified Sound. No person shall use, operate or permit the use or operation of any radio
                        receiving set, musical instrument, phonograph, tape recorder, paging system, compact disc player, or other device for the production or reproduction of sound in a distinctly and loudly audible manner as unreasonably disturbs the peace, quiet and comfort of any person nearby. Operation of any such radio, instrument, phonograph, compact disc player or other device in such a manner as to be plainly audible at the property line of a structure or building in which it is located, in the hallway or apartment adjacent, or at a distance of fifty (50) feet if the source is located outside a structure or building, shall be a violation of this section.
                        Code:

Comment

Reltneys all 'round in the media.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Paraphrasing Rachel (who I actually like) - Don't want to say this glibly, but this is like reporting from a war zone.

Someone on Twitter a few nights ago pointed out that both CNN and Al Jazeera sent their war correspondents to cover the story...
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh isn't that funny. There are media members in the protests chanting with the protesters?

Yeah, then you are no longer a media member and you shall be treated as a protester.
                              Code:

Comment

These were the media members that were reported as having been arrested or detained tonight.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X