X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Plant #7: Get me off of this planet

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Really? So I can shoot you and throw the gun in the ocean and I should be acquitted? Sweet!
    You do know how reasonable doubt works, right?

Yes, some guilty parties go free, just as some of the innocents are convicted. That's how the system works, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      One of the principles of the far right is that common sense and law are always either/or. Don't you realize that as soon as you pass a law people stop using their heads? That's why laws are bad.

That and making a law such as I mentioned is one short step away from a national registry and Barry Hussein coming for your guns.

Slippery slope and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Yeah, you represent the other side of the coin.

Would it hurt to pass common sense laws that make it illegal for a minor to handle an automatic weapon, even with parental consent?

Go ahead and argue that one.
        It's likely already covered under negligence of some sort or another. Who would give that kid a fully automatic weapon and consider that a smart move? The gun range's owner likely wants to side with the customer because he's somewhat obligated to do that - he owns the bldg in which the instructor was killed, he has his own legal concerns in this. While I've never had much to do with guns (fired a pistol once, no rifles or shotguns), I know a lot of people who were introduced to small caliber rifles and small gauge shotguns, but never something like an Uzi. It's very likely some sort of negligent homocide charge could come from this for the parent and possibly the gun range's owner for not having good policy in place surrounding young children and automatic weapons.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          It's likely already covered under negligence of some sort or another. Who would give that kid a fully automatic weapon and consider that a smart move? The gun range's owner likely wants to side with the customer because he's somewhat obligated to do that - he owns the bldg in which the instructor was killed, he has his own legal concerns in this. While I've never had much to do with guns (fired a pistol once, no rifles or shotguns), I know a lot of people who were introduced to small caliber rifles and small gauge shotguns, but never something like an Uzi. It's very likely some sort of negligent homocide charge could come from this for the parent and possibly the gun range's owner for not having good policy in place surrounding young children and automatic weapons.
          LOL. It'll be a cold day in hell before charges are filed in Arizona for what happened.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That and making a law such as I mentioned is one short step away from a national registry and Barry Hussein coming for your guns.

Slippery slope and all that...
            It's why they are anti-abortion while having a high rate of abortions. "We must repeal this law because we can't stop ourselves from having abortions!!!! When there's a law we can't exercise free will!!!"

'Splains a lot, actually.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              When it destroys a 9 year old girls life. Yes.
              A little girl riding her bike, oops and goes into the road by mistake, lets pass a law that little girls can't ride bikes.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                A little girl riding her bike, oops and goes into the road by mistake, lets pass a law that little girls can't ride bikes.

On the flip side, 9 year olds should be allowed to drive cars. And drink. And fcuk.

Let's get rid of these bothersome laws!

Comment

Yeah, you represent the other side of the coin.

Would it hurt to pass common sense laws that make it illegal for a minor to handle an automatic weapon, even with parental consent?

Go ahead and argue that one.
                  My kid couldn't handle an air soft gun(broke a computer monitor) No way am I letting any kid fire an Uzi, I don't need a law to be smart enough to understand that. I think you'll find adults who have had the same thing happen when firing an automatic weapon, the recoil takes the gun over their heads and they end up spraying bullets everywhere.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

My kid couldn't handle an air soft gun(broke a computer monitor) No way am I letting any kid fire an Uzi, I don't need a law to be smart enough to understand that. I think you'll find adults who have had the same thing happen when firing an automatic weapon, the recoil takes the gun over their heads and they end up spraying bullets everywhere.

So if I'm confident as a parent that my 9 year old can drive a car, it should be okay? At least in the eyes of the law?

Pretty stupid case you're making... don't you think?

Comment

On the flip side, 9 year olds should be allowed to... fcuk.

Let's get rid of these bothersome laws!
                      Catholic priests agree with you!

Comment

Exactly.

You have to be a moron to hand a 9 year old kid a loaded Uzi. Sounds like plenty of morons were involved.

But while they're at it, they should probably pass a law that forbids 3 year olds from flying a plane. We need to prohibit 6 year olds from attempting to swim the Pacific. And don't forget to ban the 5 year olds from walking across the Mojave Desert. The sheer volume of stupidity, and stupid stunts attempted, in this world will never cease to amaze me.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Punishing this man would serve no great purpose, you're not going to prevent such actions in the future.
                          Punishing drug users serves no great purpose, you're not going to prevent such actions in the future.

Comment

This is a gun range. Very easy, smart, targeted law could be passed that would cover it very easily. No grand swoop. No slippery slope.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Exactly.

You have to be a moron to hand a 9 year old kid a loaded Uzi. Sounds like plenty of morons were involved.

But while they're at it, they should probably pass a law that forbids 3 year olds from flying a plane. We need to prohibit 6 year olds from attempting to swim the Pacific. And don't forget to ban the 5 year olds from walking across the Mojave Desert. The sheer volume of stupidity, and stupid stunts attempted, in this world will never cease to amaze me.
                              We already have a law that prevents 3 year olds from flying planes.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Exactly.

Uh uh! Reasonable doubt. Maybe they were all rocket scientists who just got unlucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X