Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gopher women's hockey off season thread for summer 2014

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    With regards to Sletta's playing time, there were other complications. I don't really want to go into what they were but there were more considerations in play then just having a backup ready to go.
    While it is the norm to not detail injuries on this board, after all the nice and insightful comments regarding Ms. Sletta I would hate for a comment alluding to other complications cause any to surmise it had anything to do with her skill, grades, character or work ethic. I believe the the rehab was off season, and she was fully able to practice last fall. Eeyore obviously knows some of the specifics. I am very impressed with the fans on this board taking the time to discuss the situation of the back up goalie position, in general and specific. Lots of good discussion - it is a complex issue, more so for the coaches. Already excited for next season!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymn1 View Post
      While it is the norm to not detail injuries on this board, after all the nice and insightful comments regarding Ms. Sletta I would hate for a comment alluding to other complications cause any to surmise it had anything to do with her skill, grades, character or work ethic. I believe the the rehab was off season, and she was fully able to practice last fall. Eeyore obviously knows some of the specifics. I am very impressed with the fans on this board taking the time to discuss the situation of the back up goalie position, in general and specific. Lots of good discussion - it is a complex issue, more so for the coaches. Already excited for next season!
      No. It was not grades, character, or work ethic. I'm just reluctant to share it because it is information that is really internal to the team. Beyond that, I don't know all of the details and could easily get something wrong if I tried to relate it. It doesn't reflect badly on anyone; it's just kind of complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
        No. It was not grades, character, or work ethic. I'm just reluctant to share it because it is information that is really internal to the team. Beyond that, I don't know all of the details and could easily get something wrong if I tried to relate it. It doesn't reflect badly on anyone; it's just kind of complicated.
        so worse than not using the backup goalie, there WAS no backup goalie!

yes, Eeyore is the Sid Hartman of woman's hockey
        certainly has the senility part of the act down pat

Comment

You have a fantastic goaler in Sidney Peters, a red shirt from last year, playing this fall. I believe she will be considered one of your top tenders of all time after her 4 years are up.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawks Rule View Post
            You have a fantastic goaler in Sidney Peters, a red shirt from last year, playing this fall. I believe she will be considered one of your top tenders of all time after her 4 years are up.
            You are all disillusional if you think Sletta was ever gonna play. She's a Gopher that is going to the U from the burbs as will be Emma May. As for Peters she is a great goalie that got shafted and should go play somewhere else as has been hinted by the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeysbest View Post
              You are all disillusional if you think Sletta was ever gonna play.
              We are all what?
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeysbest View Post
                You are all disillusional if you think Sletta was ever gonna play. She's a Gopher that is going to the U from the burbs as will be Emma May. As for Peters she is a great goalie that got shafted and should go play somewhere else as has been hinted by the coaching staff.

This has got to be a Norm Crosby bit, right? Cause if so it's actually not to bad. Otherwise...
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

On a lighter note from the recent goaltending discussion...

Coach Laura Halldorson selected for 'M' Club Hall of Fame

Full 'M' Club Hall of Fame announcement (all inductees)
                  Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                  Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                  Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Halldorson & Gopher bad boy Pat Michelletti.
                    first Gopher to pass 400 minutes in penalties & 3rd all time
                    but he is also 2nd all time leading scorer behind the legend
                    Badger fans, and probably all opposing fans, hated him

he probably drew as many penalties as he committed
                    if you didn't see him play, think Lamoureux's, except they are nuns in comparison
                    Last edited by pokechecker; 06-13-2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

A little housekeeping...

The team has done a little rebranding on social media. You can now find them at www.facebook.com/GopherWomensHockey and twitter.com/GopherWHockey. The change also includes a new Twitter handle, @GopherWHockey.

Note that if you had already “liked” the team’s Facebook page or “followed” the team on Twitter, your settings were carried over to the new locations.

Also, #6 in the top 10 countdown of highlights from the 2013-2014 season is expected later today on Twitter, Facebook, and GopherSports.com.
                      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Sid Hartman today called Rachel Ramsey a "captain" of the Gophers. Not that I consider Sid a good source for GWH news, anybody heard anything legitimate about this?

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          Sid Hartman today called Rachel Ramsey a "captain" of the Gophers. Not that I consider Sid a good source for GWH news, anybody heard anything legitimate about this?
                          Sid is 94 and never did complete high school, maybe by captain he meant leader? She certainly emerged as one last year.
                          FWIW, last year captains weren't named until just before the season started, or at least that was when the official announcement happened.
                          Every team has a different process.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                            I'm surprised Sid even knows who Rachel Ramsey is. My guess is that he will be proven correct eventually, but like much of what Sid writes, that doesn't mean it is based on hard fact.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

GopherSports.com blurb on men's hockey players drafted in NHL entry draft includes this quote when discussing Jack Ramsey:

"The Chanhassen, Minn., native’s sister, Rachel, is also a captain for the Minnesota women’s hockey program."
                              Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...ockey-mtt.html

Jordyn Burns?
                                Last edited by brookyone; 06-30-2014, 10:24 AM.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X