X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell Offseason 2014: Brave New World

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    So how was the BBQ?
    My wife and I had a great time. We are new season ticketholders starting this coming season, so this was our first event. We went on the "Behind The Scenes" Tsongas tour that was led by Chapie and McGrath; major props to both kids! They were great at showing us around, sharing stories, explaining how they use the facilities, and so on... but more than that, they were respectful, appreciative and genuine - just all around great guys. My wife is a BC Alum; a former bandie who bleeds maroon and gold. After meeting and talking with these two kids, chatting with Coach Bazin and Coach Reilly (he was there too) - she said that she will trade in her Eagles sweater for a Riverhawks sweater. Time will truly tell when the puck drops between these two teams on Oct 10th.

On top of this we met a very nice family at our table who have been season ticket holders for awhile. Along with various tips on where to park and eat before games, they talked about the "extended family" of season ticket holders, events they all attend together, friendships made, and so on. We left the BBQ last night feeling very upbeat and looking forward to the upcoming season.
    University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
      My wife and I had a great time. We are new season ticketholders starting this coming season, so this was our first event. We went on the "Behind The Scenes" Tsongas tour that was led by Chapie and McGrath; major props to both kids! They were great at showing us around, sharing stories, explaining how they use the facilities, and so on... but more than that, they were respectful, appreciative and genuine - just all around great guys. My wife is a BC Alum; a former bandie who bleeds maroon and gold. After meeting and talking with these two kids, chatting with Coach Bazin and Coach Reilly (he was there too) - she said that she will trade in her Eagles sweater for a Riverhawks sweater. Time will truly tell when the puck drops between these two teams on Oct 10th.

On top of this we met a very nice family at our table who have been season ticket holders for awhile. Along with various tips on where to park and eat before games, they talked about the "extended family" of season ticket holders, events they all attend together, friendships made, and so on. We left the BBQ last night feeling very upbeat and looking forward to the upcoming season.
      Nice post. I also enjoyed the "Behind The Scenes" tour and I agree the player's did a great job. I was very impressed with the facilities that the program has.

It appears that most if not all the team is on campus working out and taking classes. The freshmen that sat at my table (Mueller, Smith, Edwardh and Hollman) are all enrolled in a couple of classes. Several had to leave early to make a 7:00 pm class.

Comment

Men's Ice Hockey office, Conte Forum. Ten minute chat with Jerry York. The Mrs. will come to her senses.
        You're welcome.

'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Men's Ice Hockey office, Conte Forum. Ten minute chat with Jerry York. The Mrs. will come to her senses.
          You're welcome.

Does BC offer a York to English interpreter or does she have to bring her own?
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

You're welcome.
            You are probably right!

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            Does BC offer a York to English interpreter or does she have to bring her own?
            When Jerry York speaks he reminds me of a slightly more eloquent Mayor Thomas "Mumbles" Menino.

Comment

You're welcome.

seriously..............I guess BC Hockey hasn't given the traitor enough to cheer about so she's had it and moved on

Comment

Josh Holmstrom signs with ECHL’s Toledo Walleye
                Justin Soderberg
                President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Ben Walter signs with EC Red Bull Salzburg
                  Justin Soderberg

Comment

Quinnipiac released their schedule today (http://quinnipiacbobcats.com/sports/...14-15/schedule) and it lists the home-and-home as 10/17 in Hamden and 10/18 in Lowell. GoRiverHawks.com lists the opposite. GoRiverHawks.com lists the opposite. I'm attempting to get confirmation as to which one is correct.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Quinnipiac released their schedule today (http://quinnipiacbobcats.com/sports/...14-15/schedule) and it lists the home-and-home as 10/17 in Hamden and 10/18 in Lowell. GoRiverHawks.com lists the opposite. GoRiverHawks.com lists the opposite. I'm attempting to get confirmation as to which one is correct.
                      For what its worth, my on-line UML season ticket confirmation (via the Tsongas Center website) lists the game in Lowell as 10/17. But it probably makes sense that it synchs up with GoRiverhawks.com. Anyway - it will be good to hear what you find out. Thanks!

Comment

lol

Comment

For what its worth, my on-line UML season ticket confirmation (via the Tsongas Center website) lists the game in Lowell as 10/17. But it probably makes sense that it synchs up with GoRiverhawks.com. Anyway - it will be good to hear what you find out. Thanks!
                          I was told that our schedule is correct - there's another event at Tsongas on 10/18.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            I was told that our schedule is correct - there's another event at Tsongas on 10/18.
                            Thanks for the followup ScottK! In the meantime, I will wait to see the date on the physical ticket. :-)

Comment

This was on another USCHO thread. The first one listed in the Non-Conference ECAC series is UML vs Q.

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                              1.) Five Must-See Non-Conference ECAC series.
                              2.) Five Must-See Non-Conference NCHC Series.

Comment

David Vallorani signs in Italy.
                                Justin Soderberg

Comment

Working...
                                X