Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2014-2015: Let the Hockey East Era Begin

Originally posted by HuskyfanDan View Post
    BC put in a pretty nice try at the upset tonight. They have a good team with a impressive trophy case and lots of college hockey history. Looking forward to playing them more. Tonight is a great example why small private schools in college sports who have history before America is what it is today, try to keep big publics and state schools down. Because they can't compete. Not in money, base size, on the playing field or in ball sack girth. BC has tried its hardest for 2 decades to keep UConn away, for some reason they couldn't keep us out of HE like they have in other spots, they will never live so comfortably in the hockey world again.
    Wow... I was having fun... if you were a part of the Lowell fan base I'd work hard to knock you from the bandwagon. I'll let my UConn friends do that instead. The funny thing is that UConn and BC have something in common... the tendency of a non-insignfiicant group to have a spirit of ridiculous unearned self-centeredness and the ability to go out and be a complete armpit.

The only consolation is the UConn people I associate with aren't like that... but people like YOU are everything I didn't like about my years at UConn.

Welcome to the new hockey east. Where small private schools no longer get to roam around being bullies to everyone. UConn is here to compete and win. We're not expecting championships up the was su, but we are not going to take one word of bs from BC fans mouths about how great nineteen thirty freaking four was in sports for them. No more elitist bull. No more we don't belong, can't compete and won't recruit. Every sport uconn has upgraded we heard the same story and one after another we have taken those eagles to the shed and beat the daylights out of them. That's why they don't want us around. They are afraid. They would rather have ISIS invade New England they UConn playing them in football. To call them a bad word for cats when it comes to playing games would be a understatement.

Bring it.
    Also, don't think you're the only one in existence. One of us cheers for a public school who won the last two hockey east titles going through ND, BU, and Providence. It isn't you.
    Last edited by Patman; 11-05-2014, 09:25 PM.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Welcome to the new hockey east. Where small private schools no longer get to roam around being bullies to everyone. UConn is here to compete and win. We're not expecting championships up the was su, but we are not going to take one word of bs from BC fans mouths about how great nineteen thirty freaking four was in sports for them. No more elitist bull. No more we don't belong, can't compete and won't recruit. Every sport uconn has upgraded we heard the same story and one after another we have taken those eagles to the shed and beat the daylights out of them. That's why they don't want us around. They are afraid. They would rather have ISIS invade New England they UConn playing them in football. To call them a bad word for cats when it comes to playing games would be a understatement.

Bring it.
      I like this bit.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
        Wow... I was having fun... if you were a part of the Lowell fan base I'd work hard to knock you from the bandwagon. I'll let my UConn friends do that instead. The funny thing is that UConn and BC have something in common... the tendency of a non-insignfiicant group to have a spirit of ridiculous unearned self-centeredness and the ability to go out and be a complete armpit.

The only consolation is the UConn people I associate with aren't like that... but people like YOU are everything I didn't like about my years at UConn.

Also, don't think you're the only one in existence. One of us cheers for a public school who won the last two hockey east titles going through ND, BU, and Providence. It isn't you.

How did I hurt Norms feelings in my BC rant so bad lol? I mean Lowell.

BC has like what at least 10 of the 30 HE ships? They are the league gem. I think its great that your school has enjoyed a couple great years lately, but get real, no one outside of New England knows you exist on a national scale outside of some hockey school diehard fans. Let me enjoy the night and our schools first ever November 5th national championship. I propose we put this right I between last years men's basketball national championship and last years ladies field hockey national championship. Just because.

BC-UConn is a nationally known rivalry due to past sports and conference realignment. It's a well know Cold War that's been going on for decades now. It's talked about endlessly on message boards as part of the greater restructuring going on with major sports within the NCAA. This game and matchup going forward, brings a new element into this league. ND is a great name to have, but the hate or basic rival of fans is not anything close to what UConn-BC is and what it will be down the road. This is just the beginning. Now Cav gets to go text recruits tonight about this. We are going to be competitive right away and a contender long term. We ain't going nowhere.

BC is leaving Hartford tonight with a little taste of UConn is they mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Embarrassing the woofing going on here by recently converted UConn fans who have zero memory of UConn hockey history. UConn played out of their minds for this occasion, but BC's talent level and physicality are just awesome. I think the Huskies were lucky tonight that BC couldn't seem to get quite in sync. And the Huskies made full use of the uplift provided by 8,000 fans in the last two minutes. It was LOUD. As loud as the last two minutes of Whalers vs Rangers or Bruins with the home team clinging to a lead many years ago. On any other night BC beats UConn nine times out of ten. Tonight, as Herb Brooks would say, it was the Huskies night, that one time out of ten.

I first started going to UConn hockey games in 1989 (Alaska Anchorage vs UConn, Todd Krygier scored twice in a 2-6 loss) and have been blogging or commenting on them since 1992. Starting with HOCKEY-L and HOCKEY3 and now USCHO Forum. Tonight was by far the high point of that decades long experience. Very very satisfying.

Comment

Great job,congrats to your team and fans,I am so happy for you guys,well done!

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
              Embarrassing the woofing going on here by recently converted UConn fans who have zero memory of UConn hockey history. UConn played out of their minds for this occasion, but BC's talent level and physicality are just awesome. I think the Huskies were lucky tonight that BC couldn't seem to get quite in sync. And the Huskies made full use of the uplift provided by 8,000 fans in the last two minutes. It was LOUD. As loud as the last two minutes of Whalers vs Rangers or Bruins with the home team clinging to a lead many years ago. On any other night BC beats UConn nine times out of ten. Tonight, as Herb Brooks would say, it was the Huskies night, that one time out of ten.

I first started going to UConn hockey games in 1989 (Alaska Anchorage vs UConn, Todd Krygier scored twice in a 2-6 loss) and have been blogging or commenting on them since 1992. Starting with HOCKEY-L and HOCKEY3 and now USCHO Forum. Tonight was by far the high point of that decades long experience. Very very satisfying.
              Hey Tuts, I will say, I am very happy for you. And Butchy.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
                Great job,congrats to your team and fans,I am so happy for you guys,well done!
                Congratulations to UConn and their fans on the big win tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post

Ok so let me get this straight with all due respect because I hate that you think the fun talk is so serious it's embarrassing. I was under impression the BC tshirt fan named John( his gf called him john ryan, Ut oh he's in trouble!!! Middle name alert) who was kicking car mirrors outside the XL tonight swearing his head off was embarrassing. But hey, we must have different definitions. I wasn't going to bring that up but why not now since your trying to be a fan base hero. I bet 9 out of 10 times Johnny boy doesn't get that upset vs other schools in this league.

1) because I wasn't born before 1989 I can't be a proud fan and have some fun after years of bs from bc fans about the upgrade just like football and other sports over the past 4 decades.
                  2) your stuff eye balls wise is more important then the truth which is uconn is here to play and because we don't have history we are not allowed to talk about this
                  3) because uconn was bad at hockey in 1956, they can't be good now and if they are we shouldn't be happy because we used to be bad. It's all about history and never about recent news. France could nuke Canada tonight, but remember they were our friend in the 40s so history is history. 9 out of 10 times we let them nuke Canada.

I see. Because I am not as old as you or committed as you, I can't be a fan. I can't enjoy rooting for my states college team. You must want all the kids who pack gampel to go home because they didn't see Tate's shot and let's drop football back down to fcs while we are at it because most of the stadium on a given weekend doesn't know who scott daniels(DB) was.

Get real, you sound like old school uconn who didn't understand big boy sports and didn't want to.
                  Last edited by HuskyfanDan; 11-05-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Yay! HFD found USCHO!
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Yay! HFD found USCHO!
                      I have been holding my own in the pickem thank you very much. As well as the d3 talk with my alma. Tonight wasn't a first time thing for the drunk dog here. It just seems the rest of the uconn fan base just found out and a couple cry babies here are out of tissues.

Comment

Y'all miss me?

With about a minute to go, I thought about RST. You, Dobbs, and the small band of folks who gave this program loyalty it probably didn't deserve. Guys who went to games against Iona and AIC, who went to games back in the outside days. Guys who dreamed of a night like tonight, an atmosphere like tonight.

Of all the people I'm happy for, I'm happiest for you guys. Dobbs I could see from where I was sitting, taking pictures of what felt like a mirage.

Brighter days are hopefully ahead. Greater peaks to climb. Tonight was one game- that's hockey. BC can and will probably kill them at Conte.

But we will always have tonight. Even if it only means anything to us, that's all it has to be.
                        UConn Hockey: all aboard the #icebus

Comment

--gets popcorn--
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by UConn4Life View Post
                            Y'all miss me?

With about a minute to go, I thought about RST. You, Dobbs, and the small band of folks who gave this program loyalty it probably didn't deserve. Guys who went to games against Iona and AIC, who went to games back in the outside days. Guys who dreamed of a night like tonight, an atmosphere like tonight.

Of all the people I'm happy for, I'm happiest for you guys. Dobbs I could see from where I was sitting, taking pictures of what felt like a mirage.

Brighter days are hopefully ahead. Greater peaks to climb. Tonight was one game- that's hockey. BC can and will probably kill them at Conte.

But we will always have tonight. Even if it only means anything to us, that's all it has to be.
                            Quality post, what I expected from a few long time diehards here. Tonight was a great night for the diehards who have been around for years. A night you all earned.

Hopefully they can in return realize uconn hockey is something now more than small niche and has huge potential so let the new and younger fans jump in and splash gas on the fan base.

It's time to ramp things up. Every day, uconn is winning something, adding to the endowment and so much more. Get on the freaking boat.

Comment

Congrats UConn.......we can't compete with BC anymore......it's good to know that someone other than BU can!

Comment

http://instagram.com/p/vCqeNtse0K/ heres a short clip of the awesome victory by your Huskies heres hoping my beloved NU Huskies can follow in your foosteps #icebus

Comment

Working...
                                X