This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

Stats are out the door! It's Minnesota vs. North Dakota!
    All that needs to be said.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: National Semi-Final: Minnesota vs. North Dakota

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
      One program is NOT superior to the other. I believe that's the point. Both have had a ton of success, and there are areas UND comes out on top and areas Minnesota does. That's why it's a rivalry. It's evenly matched. No rivalry is one sided.

Are you one of those people who advocates not keeping score?! lol

Sorry, but programs CAN be superior to others, its the nature of sports.

It's not always easy to tell, as some programs can produce similar results in one way or another, but looked at comprehensively, there are no ties.

And if you couldn't tell, I don't believe in being politically correct or in not keeping score.

Comment

Originally posted by FredsDeadFriend View Post
        LOL, yeah, in all honesty, watching Yale win the title last year and seeing what Miami of Ohio and UMD and Union and Quinnipiac have all done recently, stats really don't mean anything when it comes down to game time, and especially when two long time rivals like UND and Minny meet up.

Gotta think on paper Minny is the favorite, but UND seems to rise to the occasion more often than not in March. They are never an easy out come tourney time.

Just pleased this matchup is in the FF and not the first friggin round.
        I may be a UND fan, I'd only be fooling myself thinking Minnesota was not the favorite in the match-up. Which they deservedly should be considering how good of a season overall that the Gophers have had. I'm just going to hope that the hockey gods decide to be UND fans.

Either that or the boys in green will show what kind of team they can be when everything is clicking. Zane Gothberg is also going to have to play strong in net again, if he gives up his typical softy goal...not gonna like the odds of recovery from that.

Comment

What does UND call the off-season?...........Probation

UND refers to their hockey as hard nosed........the NCAA calls it a 5 minute major with a game misconduct
          Last edited by mnpokecheck; 03-31-2014, 12:18 AM.

Comment

What's the all-time record between these two with a source (not Wikipedia or GopherHockeyHistory)? What were the disputed games again and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              What's the all-time record between these two with a source (not Wikipedia or GopherHockeyHistory)? What were the disputed games again and why?

Does The UMn Media Guide count? It has the series at 145-130-15, in favor of the Gophers, of course.

Comment

This is gonna be a long two weeks here. Go Sioux!
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

College hockey couldn't have gotten a better match up, reading the posts here the next 2 weeks should be a hoot. Go Sioux
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    Gophers are a more relevant and important program.
                    JDUBBS is back!
                    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux_fan View Post
                      According to Gopher fans, UND is the little brother that always looks up to Minnesota. They have "moved on" to Michigan, Penn State, and Becky. Of course, if you went to Gopher Puck Live, they talk more about UND than any other program outside of their own.

But lets analyze the little brother syndrome:
                      UND: more national championships (7>5)
                      UND: most consecutive NCAA hockey appearances (12>3)
                      UND: more attended over the last ten years than Minnesota at home and probably a better traveling fan base
                      UND: more WCHA championships, NCAA appearances, and Frozen Four appearances since Hakstol took over
                      (cue in the UND chokes in the tournament individuals)

Somebody please tell me the Gophers are a more relevant and important program?

So, despite all the Gopher fans superiority, I still believe we are their greatest rival and these teams are EQUALS in hockey. Not one more successful than the other. I doubt Gopher fans have already forgot UND.
                      Gopher players know what a sock is, and can keep their toes attached. UND is way, way ahead on arrests, about 20 in the last 10 years alone.
                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Will Minnesota be traveling to Philadelphia via moped? If so, how many players will make the trip unscathed?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by DLW4GOPHERS View Post
                          He asked for national titles. That would be 7 each.
                          And my Detroit Lions also have won 2 superbowls.
                          “I said it a month and a half ago: ‘I like this hockey team." Dave Hakstol

Comment

The winner gets the honor of being throttled by BC. Truly an honor.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

With all the conspiring the NCAA powers that be have done the last few years to prevent UW and MN from playing UND, we get this.

They're even incompetent at being incompetent.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                With all the conspiring the NCAA powers that be have done the last few years to prevent UW and MN from playing UND, we get this.

They're even incompetent at being incompetent.
                                WTH are you babbling about now?

Comment

Working...
                                X