This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
    Hmmmm. I've been following PC for over 35 years, been to close to 800 PC games, I think I understand the systems that the coaches have been using over the years. I'm going to call Coach Leaman today and see if he will put me in net this Friday against The Eagles. After all I'm pretty sure I know the system, I'm even going to see if he will let me try and score a goal. I hope he lets me pick my lucky number for my game jersey! That always helps, it's part of the system.
    Is Leaman's system really more defensively orientated than Pooley's dump and watch, cycling monstrosity from 10 years ago? Gotta wonder at what point certain people give the statistically best goalie in the program's history his due.
    The only thing Gillies has yet to do is go on the insane run Terreri did in 1985.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Is Leaman's system really more defensively orientated than Pooley's dump and watch, cycling monstrosity from 10 years ago? Gotta wonder at what point certain people give the statistically best goalie in the program's history his due.
      The only thing Gillies has yet to do is go on the insane run Terreri did in 1985.
      But Gillies has played his worst games when the pressure is on...Blown out by Russia, played horrible against UNH last year, and was below 90 percent save percentage vs Union in the NCAA Tournament. The year before in two must wins games vs Lowell lost including giving up three goals on 25 shots in a winner take all game at home.

Let's see Gillies get to a frozen four before we anoint this kid the next saint because he could just be like Nolan Schafer that brought you to the NCAA Tournament with being an All-American but never could bring you to the promise land.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        But Gillies has played his worst games when the pressure is on...Blown out by Russia, played horrible against UNH last year, and was below 90 percent save percentage vs Union in the NCAA Tournament. The year before in two must wins games vs Lowell lost including giving up three goals on 25 shots in a winner take all game at home.

Let's see Gillies get to a frozen four before we anoint this kid the next saint because he could just be like Nolan Schafer that brought you to the NCAA Tournament with being an All-American but never could bring you to the promise land.
        I have never seen any person so obsessed with the Providence College men's goalie position. It's comical reading your posts. You have some major issues you need to internally deal with.

By the way, just heard from Coach and the NCAA, I'm cleared to start against The Eagles. I have one game of eligibility left. I'm Psyched! Hope the system works for me or I'm going to be in Big Trouble! LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          I mean he did okay this year against Boston College. Unless you've got something against a 43-save shutout against the number 11 team in the country at the time.
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
            I mean he did okay this year against Boston College. Unless you've got something against a 43-save shutout against the number 11 team in the country at the time.
            Not a tournament game or for a conference title.

If we are going to play that game, Matt Grogan should be a god then as he beat the #9 ranked Friars last year with a 58 game performance as he stole that game.

Lets pump the brakes on all the love with Gillies....

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
              I have never seen any person so obsessed with the Providence College men's goalie position. It's comical reading your posts. You have some major issues you need to internally deal with.

By the way, just heard from Coach and the NCAA, I'm cleared to start against The Eagles. I have one game of eligibility left. I'm Psyched! Hope the system works for me or I'm going to be in Big Trouble! LOL.
              Come back to me next season and see the numbers PC puts up between the pipes. Bet they are right around the same GAA.

Comment

Come back to me next season and see the numbers PC puts up between the pipes. Bet they are right around the same GAA.

One game at time. I'm just hoping I don't inflate the GAA this Friday night. I hope the system holds up for me. LOL

Comment

So that shutout of QU last year in the NCAA's doesn't count?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    So that shutout of QU last year in the NCAA's doesn't count?

shhh you're disrupting his narrative
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Doubt it . As I said below in the past 2 years only 2 goalies have had a lower gaa then what Gillies has now and none his equal in save pct. don't set up a scenario where next year you will crap on Ellis

Also as The Fred's have mentioned twice below after years of losing how to win big games in a process. Getting that change of culture involves not just the goalie, but the whole team
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Who cares...both are fantastic. Gilles is probably the better overall net-minder but you can't deny how phenomenally Nichols is playing. That team is squarely on his back and he's playing at higher level than just about anyone at this point it could be argued.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                          Doubt it . As I said below in the past 2 years only 2 goalies have had a lower gaa then what Gillies has now and none his equal in save pct. don't set up a scenario where next year you will crap on Ellis

Also as The Fred's have mentioned twice below after years of losing how to win big games in a process. Getting that change of culture involves not just the goalie, but the whole team
                          Ellis? I am pretty sure Hawkey is coming in to start next season but we will see. Yes, he is coming off major knee injury but would expect him to be penciled in as the starter

Comment

Ellis? I am pretty sure Hawkey is coming in to start next season but we will see. Yes, he is coming off major knee injury but would expect him to be penciled in as the starter
                            Ellis will be penciled in as the starter if Gillies leaves. Hopefully Hawkey can recover quickly, players with ACL surgery usually aren't back to normal until the second year back to action....see Niko Rufo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate4life View Post
                              Ellis will be penciled in as the starter if Gillies leaves. Hopefully Hawkey can recover quickly, players with ACL surgery usually aren't back to normal until the second year back to action....see Niko Rufo.
                              Bingo! Hawkey also tore his MCL so his injury is more extensive
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Skate4life View Post
                                Maybe Rufo just isn't that good? -3 last year in eight games with only two goals and an assist. This year he only has six shots on goal in his 11 games while being a -3. He hasn't played in four out of the last five games while he played four out of the first five.

Comment

Working...
                                X