This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hockey1959 View Post
    This is an interesting choice. It looks like Coach Leaman used some of his connections to Union. That being said, you would think he would have went after Jason Tapp. The two worked together at Union and Tapp has developed some very good goalies (Kincaid, Grosnik, Stevens) in a short time.
    Maybe he did.

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by hockey1959 View Post
      This is an interesting choice. It looks like Coach Leaman used some of his connections to Union. That being said, you would think he would have went after Jason Tapp. The two worked together at Union and Tapp has developed some very good goalies (Kincaid, Grosnik, Stevens) in a short time.
      You forgot Alex-Sekellaropoulos. IMO the best example of Tapp developing a goalie in a short period of time was Alex Sekellaropoulos, our freshman goalie last year.
      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/pla...ropoulos/29439
      http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mi...ulos/#20132014

Alex got off to a rockey start last year, being thrust into a starting role in the beginning of the year when Colin Stevens was given a concussion by Bowling Green. Alex went 1-2-2. With help from Tapp, Alex came back in December/January to finish strong with three wins. A deserved win by shutting out Penn State when he stepped in for Stevens, Alex also shut out Brown and also almost shut out St. Cloud, one of the top scoring teams in the country. He gave up one goal in his last three appearences, was 3-0. Alex is our "ace in the hole".
      Last edited by Dutchman; 07-25-2014, 11:32 AM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...layer-rankings

Two Providence recruits ranked and a couple more RI natives listed as well.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by hockey1959 View Post
          why in a million years would Tapp go. National championship and working with his goalies. if he did that and pc was off, would set him back big time. next move will be head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            why in a million years would Tapp go. National championship and working with his goalies. if he did that and pc was off, would set him back big time. next move will be head coach.
            Tapp's wife also has a good job in Albany...
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Long time ago even before Berard left..back when Russell left Zlax said Kyle Murphy s/b the next dir of hockey ops.....Divver is now saying its happening.... HT to Zlax on his mind reading
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Long time ago even before Berard left..back when Russell left Zlax said Kyle Murphy s/b the next dir of hockey ops.....Divver is now saying its happening.... HT to Zlax on his mind reading
                This makes me so happy. Kyle is a great guy.
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Long time ago even before Berard left..back when Russell left Zlax said Kyle Murphy s/b the next dir of hockey ops.....Divver is now saying its happening.... HT to Zlax on his mind reading
                  Sometimes you get lucky!
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

From twitter:
                    Mark Divver @MarkDivver · Jul 31
                    Providence College sophomore defenseman Kyle McKenzie suspended indefinitely by coach Nate Leaman for a violation of team rules.

Comment

Doesn't seem like Florentino is having a great camp in Lake Placid as no one has talked about him at all
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I posted this in the Brown thread, but I'll check in here, too: does anyone know how the Mayor's Cup is going to work this year, since we play each other twice? I'm assuming the date at Meehan would be it and the one at Schneider would just be a regular non-conference game, since PC hosted last year, but I can't seem to find any clarification anywhere.

The Brown athletics website doesn't note either games as the Mayor's Cup, while USCHO marked both of them as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                          I posted this in the Brown thread, but I'll check in here, too: does anyone know how the Mayor's Cup is going to work this year, since we play each other twice? I'm assuming the date at Meehan would be it and the one at Schneider would just be a regular non-conference game, since PC hosted last year, but I can't seem to find any clarification anywhere.

The Brown athletics website doesn't note either games as the Mayor's Cup, while USCHO marked both of them as such.
                          That was my understanding but saw a Divver tweet that sounded unsure also....alas maybe things change
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

It won't matter as PC will win them both

Comment

That was my understanding but saw a Divver tweet that sounded unsure also....alas maybe things change
                              Just saw the same tweet. Now I'm thoroughly confused!

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                It won't matter as PC will win them both
                                Probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X