X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
    Wasn't Paul de Jersey recruited by Nate Leaman? I'm just wondering if he's a very player (and perhaps capable of scoring a goal or two, why he doesn't get any burn).

Any idea on Niko Rufo? I thought Mark Divver said he was close, but I didn't see anything formal announced.
    Paul de Jersey is in the lineup tonight according to Mark Divver.

Mark Divver @MarkDivver ·
    Friars lines:
    Mauermann-Jankowski-Mingoia
    Saracino-Acciari-Luke
    Demopoulos-Rooney-Pinho
    MacPhee-Hennessey-de Jersey

PC D:
    McKenzie-Gilmour
    Parisi-Florentino
    Walman-Adams
    Gillies in goal

Comment

so can we all relax now or is the sky still falling?
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
        so can we all relax now or is the sky still falling?
        Terrible turnover by Colgate in the third period for the winner as the Raiders dominated the third period with PC scoring on 2 of their maybe 5-6 shots in the period
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post
          Wasn't Paul de Jersey recruited by Nate Leaman? I'm just wondering if he's a very player (and perhaps capable of scoring a goal or two, why he doesn't get any burn).

Any idea on Niko Rufo? I thought Mark Divver said he was close, but I didn't see anything formal announced.
          I saw Rufo (I believe) with a knee brace and running shorts in between periods
          Last edited by The Zlax45; 12-10-2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by friarfan7 View Post

I don't think DeJersey took a shift in the third period tonight...

Comment

And I don't think you did either..great FORCEED turnover by Mingola and a better finish
              29 blocked shots by PC, nice team effort and big win for ncaa

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                And I don't think you did either..great FORCEED turnover by Mingola and a better finish
                This year's team reminds me of last year's NY Rangers team-- insistence on team defense, blocking shots, aggressive forecheck, and using traffic / screens to generate scoring opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  Forced? He dropped the puck back to no one right in front of the goalie. The finish was excellent, but that was a gift.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                    Forced? He dropped the puck back to no one right in front of the goalie. The finish was excellent, but that was a gift.

Yes, forced. When the forward attacks the puck, and puts it thru a players legs and than beats the goalie, that is called forced.. especially when the announcer says, "steals the puck". Call it a gift, I call it an agressive fore check where a hungry forward caused a turnover , stripped the player, put it between his legs and roasted the goalie...
                    Was the "no one" the player that he put it thru his legs or was he photo shopped in by the athletic department. This reminds me of when Forest Gump was meeting JFK or Lyndon Johnson. Pretty creative on their part.

Can be seen at the 2 minute mark

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...120914aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Yes, forced. When the forward attacks the puck, and puts it thru a players legs and than beats the goalie, that is called forced.. especially when the announcer says, "steals the puck". Call it a gift, I call it an agressive fore check where a hungry forward caused a turnover , stripped the player, put it between his legs and roasted the goalie...
                      Was the "no one" the player that he put it thru his legs or was he photo shopped in by the athletic department. This reminds me of when Forest Gump was meeting JFK or Lyndon Johnson. Pretty creative on their part.

Can be seen at the 2 minute mark

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...120914aaa.html
                      Funny thing is Hennessey made the same exact play in the second period and didn't score.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        McParland is suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules...Third player this year suspended which shows the lack of commitment from the players to the season.
                        What is the relationship between the players and the Coach........

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ab-back-to-ice

Providence's Drew Brown is done with Cancer treatment.
                          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

You cannot ask for a better Christmas present than this........great news

Comment

The Coffin has been recognized with a national award for outstanding design by American School and University Magazine. Congrats to PC on the recognition.

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...ecognition.ece

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ab-back-to-ice

Providence's Drew Brown is done with Cancer treatment.
                                Indeed. Best news possible.

Incidentally, how old before you can take a small child to a game? I'm asking for a ... friend?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X