• Originally posted by Netman View Post
    I'd take Hokeydad over Zlax.
    The netman is the man.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hokydad;6105314]
      Originally posted by PC91 View Post

Nice win..

In fairness they were not outplayed, not at all
      1st goal was a joke, happens though. Were outshooting them 8-0 and first shot goes in. 2nd goal was a bill Buckner special.

Good teams win when they are unlucky.

Getting very tight for 3td and 5th spot
      I'd say that is pretty fair. Only time I thought mass was outplaying was in part of the 2nd period. And yes good teams do find ways to win when things aren't breaking their way
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Providence College...the battle goes on...Boston twice in 15

Very happy for them. Team has a lot of heart. Love watching Macparland. Talk about a kid clearly thrilled with a second life.
        Off to EBay to sell my bobblehead. Hoping to beat out Kenny Powers home run bat

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
          I'd take Hokeydad over Zlax.
          The netman is the man.

Comment

• A couple of thoughts

Playing on Zlax's note comparing Conklin vs Gillies (which itself i won't comment on-though how Zlax could say he saw Conklin play all the time when he said he always traveled to see PC play is interesting). The defense does do a good job of limiting the number of shots. What is frustrating is that it feels like they have deflected about 5 goals past Gillies this year

Offensively I know we benefitted twice this year from overturned goals this year, however we have had a lot of goals overturned of our own. That I believe is one reason I think the offense has struggled. Rooney/McParland!s line in particular but even Acciari and Mauerman we dug a lot of goals in scrambles in front of the net Leaman's first 3 years, this year we seem to have backed off that type of digging in front of the net because those goals are getting overturned and that very well could be a double hit, no goal and a loss of momentum. Anyway when you don't have the snipers teams like BC BU and NU have and you can't change offensive style on a dime so we struggle.

Watching Janko play, I think his biggest problem is he doesn't make those with him better. Acciari certainly does. Yes he got Mingoia when he went in a slump and Demo is Demo, but of all our lines they were the least effective last night. Yet at crunch time playing with othervJanko helped set up the tying goals. Others have to make him better, the expectation was the opposite.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              As I was saying, a 3-2 win in OT is a perfect start to the weekend.
              Sure is.
              Now need a perfect end to the weekend.
              Tonight's battle at UMass is critical
              This is the "game in hand " that the friars have over BC and UMLowell.
              If they win tonight they will be in second place in HE.
              Big opportunity, Huge incentive.

Comment

Defensive battle so far.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  Defensive battle so far.
                  Ugh. Down 1-0

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Still down 1-0

-Blackadder
                    -Casablanca
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Still down 1-0
                      Acciari!
                      1-1

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

They still play to the same level as the competition

Comment

Acciari!
                          1-1
                          Yet another PC goal under review.

-Blackadder
                          -Casablanca
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Yet another PC goal under review.
                            Yet another goal waved off.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Yet another goal waved off.
                              ... And we lose.

-Blackadder
                              -Casablanca
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

... And we lose.
                                And of course that goal stands. This isn't getting old at all.
                                Let's see how many goals are reviewed next weekend.
                                Last edited by Jon; 02-21-2015, 08:37 PM.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X